Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WW Woes; Unable to Infect Other Players; Issue Resolved

Arunei
Arunei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I have the person stand in front of the Shrine w/ their back to me, hit my Ult, and as I'm transforming I mash the Devour synergy (I get the Devour prompt as I'm transforming btw). This has worked each time I've tried it.

This is starting to really bother me, especially after seeing numerous other people have no problem.

I've been a WW for about 2 weeks now. I'm level 10 and have everything but Call of the Pack unlocked. Both myself and the kther player are at the Rift Shrine and I'm in WW form. Neither of the people I've tried infecting are Vampires or have the initial disease for it. I've tried changing the Synergy to a different key, relogging (both myself and the other player), Devouring a creature near and away from the Shrine, and moving away fro the Shrine and returning.

Here's an issue, though. Whenever I leave the area around the Shrine, my timer bar never appears. I know I'm moving far enough from the Shrine to leave its AoE because several times the transformation has ended before I could get back. I have a suspicion this might be part of the issue. I've also read that Devour itself is rather buggy and people have had issues infecting others until they removed the Devour skill.

I've /bugged it in-game and sent in a support ticket, but the CS page says it may take 3-5 days to get a reply because they're busier than usual. I figured I'd post here about it in the meantime, in case someone can help me sooner or CS can't do anything. I can try resetting my skills to see if removing Devour works, but I'd like to see if anyone has other tips before going through that hassle (not to mention possibly wasting Gold lol).
Edited by Arunei on June 24, 2015 11:26PM
Character List [RP and PvE]:
Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • trash656
    trash656
    Soul Shriven
    Well I'm a game developer myself and working on my own game here on steam. Hmm that is strange. If other players have said it is buggy I would assume your one of those players that happened to be randomly stumbled upon this bug. I don't think there would be anyway for you as a player to fix it from your end. The only way to fix something like that would be a GM. So you're probably going to just have to wait till a GM contacts you. Maybe a character reset or skill reset would do it?

I'm sorry you're experiencing this. I imagine it must be quite annoying. I wish there was something I could do to help.
    Your friendly neighborhood Dog named trash.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had the odd problem wherein "devour" does not appear when mousing over the player- target, in those cases I had to lope to nearby prey, devour on them and then return to the player-target. It sounds like you've done this. It also sounds like you have no "devour" option on your target.

If you're sure you can bite again (check your buffs menu) and your sure they can be bitten (no sanguinarius disease) I would try to bite someone else to see if it fixes it, not your intended recipient but another. The only time since early release I heard this happen, biting another person fixed it. Don't know why, don't know what happened. Perhaps there's a bug where someone has a buff that "devour" sees and thinks is vampirism, I'm not sure.

Good luck to you fellow WW I will be following this thread to see how you fare.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • guldrik
    guldrik
    ✭✭
    My ww is DC.. This happens a lot , if devour doesn't appear i back into water.. Come out mouse over and useally appears then. If a different alliance .. Tty walking away and come back .... Not sure what other shrines look like.
  • godzilr1_ESO
    godzilr1_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    this happens to me all the time. The only way I have found to get out of this is to leave the area of the shrine so that the timer on the WW change ticks down then walk back into the shrine and you can devour again.
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    this happens to me all the time. The only way I have found to get out of this is to leave the area of the shrine so that the timer on the WW change ticks down then walk back into the shrine and you can devour again.
    I do this also if I encounter a problem.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you need a Full Moon? Or is that only for getting bitten by in game WWs?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing you may want to try, if the "leave shrine then return" trick doesn't work, is to transform a distance from the shrine. This *should get the timer to start up properly and i've recently gotten into the habit of doing this and haven't had a bite related bug come up in a while.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Only for finding the in game wolves. A player can bite anytime their bite is ready.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »

Only for finding the in game wolves. A player can bite anytime their bite is ready.

Thanks, have not done the WW stuff yet, or Vampire for that matter.

Speaking of Werewolves, I have a 5 piece set of Unassailable VR10 which is made for Werewolves if anyone is interested. 2000 for all 5 pieces.

Edited by Nestor on March 24, 2015 9:46PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i get this a lot i have to run away and return to the shrine a lot with the person i want to bite. took me 45 mins last time -_-
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While at the shrine jump in the water. Both of you. then back to the land. It fixes it every time.
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    i've found that when you're transforming its best to press x fast next to shrine it doesn't so the animation although the player you bite is on the ground taking the bite
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've received word from CS, though there was no, this is what I've replied with:

"I've definitely got Bloodmoon; I have everything except Call of the Pack unlocked. I've tried with three people now and still have had no luck in infecting others. I reset my Skills to remove Devour, as someone mentioned that was causing the issue for them, but even without having that unlocked I have not been able to bite another player. I have also had all three of these people in a group with me, so if grouping is an issue that criteria has already been met as well. The only other thing I can think to try is going to the Shrine in one of the other factions, which I can't actually do since my character is only level 28.

I'm also still not getting the timer bar when away from the Shrine. In fact, I don't get a timer anywhere in that general vicinity, while getting one in other areas (such as Lady Llarel's Shelter). Also, normally you can't use Devour immediately after transforming, you have to wait until your timer runs down to a point where Devouring wouldn't put you above 30 seconds. However, when in the general area of the Shrine in the Rift, I can transform and then use Devour immediately (on NPCs/animals, not other players), even when standing near the Shrine and not having the timer active.

I'm not sure if it might be an issue with that area or if this is bugging out this bad just on my end. I know a lot of others have had issues with this, including someone yesterday not being able to make it work and both of us trying for quite some time."

TheBull wrote: »
    While at the shrine jump in the water. Both of you. then back to the land. It fixes it every time.
    I'm not able to travel to AD or DC areas, and there is no water near the one in the Rift.

i've found that when you're transforming its best to press x fast next to shrine it doesn't so the animation although the player you bite is on the ground taking the bite
    I'll give this a shot when I get on, if the person I originally intended to bite is on.

Edited by Arunei on March 25, 2015 9:01PM
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's been a few days and I haven't heard back from CS yet. However, I think I might have discovered part of my problem.

Ever since my bite came off CD, I've had a little buff saying "Bit an Ally". I THOUGHT it was a typo for "Bite an Ally", indicating that my bite was ready for use. But today I noticed that the bar next to the buff had decreased, something that hasn't happened until today. Confused, I checked the buff on my Character screen (I use Srendarr so buffs show in a bar on my HUD), and it was counting down, with roughly 6 hours remaining. It's now down to 4 hours and some minutes, but the tooltip says I've bitten another player.

Except, y'know, I didn't, because I couldn't get it to work. Never got the Devour prompt, the people I tried biting on never saw me attack them, and as far as I know none of them ever picked up the infection or else they'd have seen it on their Character screen. Also remembering the fact that the buff I have atm has read as "Bit an Ally" ever since my bite initially came off CD, even before I ever tried to infect another person.

I'm not sure if I'll still be up when the CD wears off, but either way I'll have to see whether it remains "Bit an Ally" or if it goes away. Maybe it just bugged out the first time, thinking when I used Devour on something near the Shrine that it fsr counted as infecting another player. Maybe it'll actually WORK once this CD wears off.

I'll keep everyone updated.

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the two times I've seen it done it was a pain in the butt; the WW player had to just keep wandering around and trying to bite and it wouldn't work ... wouldn't work, than then about 5-10m later it did. So just keep trying if nothing else.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens all the time, i turned 2 people so far and had to dance around them, move away and come back etc till devour finally apeared. Also person who turned me had same problems, back then was wondering why on earth he runs around me instead of just biting me lol. Really annoying.
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this issue before. I killed some mobs nearby and the option to bite always popped up for me after recently killing.
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • HeWhoCaresNot
    HeWhoCaresNot
    ✭✭
    Last time I bit someone, I stood really close to shrine, and had to tell the person to back away from the shrine. Eventually the synergy will pop up, if it doesnt activate, tell them to back up some more away from the shrine until you pounce on them,
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I bit someone, I stood really close to shrine, and had to tell the person to back away from the shrine. Eventually the synergy will pop up, if it doesnt activate, tell them to back up some more away from the shrine until you pounce on them,

One way that always worked for me: charge up the ultimate. Have target player stand close to the shrine, facing it. Approach him from behind. Activate the ultimate, and immediately, while you are still transforming keep hammering the X key. That way the target player gets knocked down and infected on the first try.
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    @HeWhoCaresNot is right, I have only infected one person so far and I did have to back away from the shrine and stand in the water, also you do have to attack from behind I believe. I know it's not a vampire but still your expected to bite someone who in 'theory' is going to run away if they see you so I think there is the need to approach from behind. Can anyone confirm that for me?

I remember my own infection the guild mate had to do this same dance, away in the water, approached from behind. Just keep trying @Arunei it should not matter what level you are.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

One way that always worked for me: charge up the ultimate. Have target player stand close to the shrine, facing it. Approach him from behind. Activate the ultimate, and immediately, while you are still transforming keep hammering the X key. That way the target player gets knocked down and infected on the first try.
    Success! I finally found someone to try giving a bite to after my pseudo-cooldown ended and did the above. And it worked!

I *think* I know what happened. One of the often-advised tricks was to kill and Devour something near the Shrine. I think that one of the times I did this, the game registered that Devour as my biting another player and thus slapped a CD on me. While I don't think I'd need to do it the way listed above any more, I think that's exactly how I'll keep doing it just to be on the safe side.

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
  • wretch200
    wretch200
    ✭✭✭

It has never been anything about a full moon.
    Never.
    Ever.
    Neverly Nevery Everz.
    Literally not at all.
    Been both a WW and Vamp multiple times.
    Never.
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    wretch200 wrote: »

It has never been anything about a full moon.
    Never.
    Ever.
    Neverly Nevery Everz.
    Literally not at all.
    Been both a WW and Vamp multiple times.
    Never.

that depends where u catched it.if it's ww at the wayshrine than nothing matters ,anyone can bite u,even on daylight.but when trying to catch it in the wild, than it's pretty clear : ww spawns appear at full moon only ,vampires at the beggining of moon (or the other way around i dont rememebr) .took me 2 weeks once to catch ww, cause i wanted to get it by spawns.
    Edited by kodo on April 12, 2015 11:09PM
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    This is starting to really bother me, especially after seeing numerous other people have no problem.

I've been a WW for about 2 weeks now. I'm level 10 and have everything but Call of the Pack unlocked. Both myself and the kther player are at the Rift Shrine and I'm in WW form. Neither of the people I've tried infecting are Vampires or have the initial disease for it. I've tried changing the Synergy to a different key, relogging (both myself and the other player), Devouring a creature near and away from the Shrine, and moving away fro the Shrine and returning.

Here's an issue, though. Whenever I leave the area around the Shrine, my timer bar never appears. I know I'm moving far enough from the Shrine to leave its AoE because several times the transformation has ended before I could get back. I have a suspicion this might be part of the issue. I've also read that Devour itself is rather buggy and people have had issues infecting others until they removed the Devour skill.

I've /bugged it in-game and sent in a support ticket, but the CS page says it may take 3-5 days to get a reply because they're busier than usual. I figured I'd post here about it in the meantime, in case someone can help me sooner or CS can't do anything. I can try resetting my skills to see if removing Devour works, but I'd like to see if anyone has other tips before going through that hassle (not to mention possibly wasting Gold lol).

i have had ww characters since launch, and it has always been buggy trying to bite someone, usually the walking away from the shrine and returning seems to work, but not always, lately the key seems to be getting away from the shrine and letting your timer tick down a bit before returning, beyond that though i can't offer much help, zos needs to fix it but sadly they have higher priority issues to deal with at the moment.
  • Venefica
    Venefica
    Soul Shriven
    Had a similar issue with my vampire bite once, my friend had a buff or something like that on him which made him immune, he was coming back from Cyrodiil I think. He had to die and come back to solve the problem (wouldn't go off in any other way)
  • Duck
    Duck
    ✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

Gotta be baptized before you convert. :lol:
    What I lack in gameplaying ability I make up for in smack talk.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but it has worded for me every time this has happened. When I don't the the "X", I open my in game mail, ";" click between inbox and send and then "Alt" out. I am then able to use the "X" on a player.
  • Sneak_Thief
    Sneak_Thief
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »

You try a vet shrine? Normally the only issue i have is X for devour doesn't show so I just have to move spots or have the person move too, and that helps.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What worked for me every time is when you are at the shrine in Bangkorai, walk in the water and come back out.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your WW form needs to be on the countdown timer before you can bite. Best way, enter WW form away from shrine, kill something, feed then get to the shrine where your form "wear off" stops.

Entering WW within range of the shrine seems to be the cause of the problem.

Apologies if this is necro'ed
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend