Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc with Heavy armour and pets?

SmalltalkJava
SmalltalkJava
✭✭✭
I have a question. Have any of you ever played a sorc that focuses on heavy armour but still uses the pets? I am thinking of trying a heavy fighter character but he will use the sorc pets. I'd like any advice that you might have.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your issue is going to be Magic Resource management, in particular the Spell costs reductions and regen increases that come from Light Armor, not to mention the Spell Penetration buffs from Light Armor.

That being said, I run a Dragon Knight in Heavy Armor with a Magic Focus and he does just fine. Only he uses his stamina skills to fill in the time while waiting for mana to regen. And, he also uses 3 pieces of Warlock Jewelery with Regen Glyphs replaced to get some insane regen boosts.

Here is what you can do, run 2 Heavy (Greaves and Cuirass) and the rest Light. You will get most of the look of Heavy Armor, but the also get the Light Armor benefits. Even if you go Light Armor, you want to mix in two Heavy pieces as you can double your Physical and Spell defenses that way. (Light is about 25% the protection of Heavy).

Also, the Necropetence Set, which is made for a Caster with Pets, is Light Armor. Not sure when that drops during leveling, about the 20's I think, but it does drop in the VR8 to VR10 levels too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback Nestor, I really appreciate it.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a question. Have any of you ever played a sorc that focuses on heavy armour but still uses the pets? I am thinking of trying a heavy fighter character but he will use the sorc pets. I'd like any advice that you might have.
    I'm just wondering why you think you need Heavy Armor to be a fighter? You're better off going light armor with Hardened Ward. Especially since you plan on using pets. Your ward goes on your pets too. If you just want the look of heavy armor I suggest using a costume.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on March 25, 2015 3:01PM
    :trollin:
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still go melee heavy armour with pets, you dont need magicka really then. Just clobber people with a big two hander or something.
    I have a sorc bow user that i levelled with a pet or two that is pretty snazzy.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. Sweet. Thank you for the response
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am a spell knight. i have only 15 points in to magika and rest in to health. I must say with a 4 heavy 3 light mix i have no mana issues.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer