The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the Jesus Beam?

claudius_Dark
Ok no jokes here. I want to be a templar and everyone praises the Jesus beam? What is the correct name for the ability?
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Destruction and it's morphs.
  • claudius_Dark
    thanks any info about the morphs not that one is 'good' and the other 'bad'
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills
    Look at this site, look at skills, choose for yourself.
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    That site has good info, though the numbers are off. I prefer this one because it's quick, though you can't create builds:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Dawn's+Wrath+Skills

It's a channeled execute, and the last skill in the Dawn's Wrath skill tree. Morph 1 is Radiant Glory and heals you based on the damage you do. Morph 2 is Radiant Oppression and does up to 40% extra damage scaling off of how much magicka you have at the time.

I took the Radiant Glory morph, thinking the healing might be a good thing to have, but to be honest, it's so insubstantial that it's not worth it. I'll probably respec and do Radiant Oppression. Plus, the channel animation is different and looks cooler than that of Glory.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IT IS, THE JESUS BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

And it's actually highly over rated but it's pretty god damn powerful.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    IT IS, THE JESUS BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

And it's actually highly over rated but it's pretty god damn powerful.

Seriously, I cannot imagine the mind of the person who would find it acceptable to remove the LOL button...

And yeah, RD is seriously overrated. The only time I really use it is when I'm running as healer, my group is doing well, and I can pick off low HP adds and eventually execute on the boss.
    Edited by likewow777 on March 24, 2015 1:40AM
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its an easily beatable ability people have been complaining about for the past few weeks.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, people thought it's op because many players stay low on HP while in battle (spamming absorb shields as healing ward, or to trigger set-item effects, etc. etc.) so executes do full dmg. Since this skill is a "sequence of low dmg executes" that do 5-7k dmg per hit, it can result in up to 30k dmg, if the target is at low-HP during the 3 second channel. To explain, why exactly many classes stay around 30% hp in battle would require too much time