The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Thank You

Roechacca
Roechacca
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I never write Thank You's to developers ever because it's not often they listen and actually implement changes for the better . Today , Cyrodiil felt like a Battleground , a War . Huge armies clashing without crashing . Fireballs wrecking tightly packed groups huddled up and not taking cover . Today I felt like I was risk seiging the enemy Castles and Fortresses . I was twice as careful running under burning oil . Today Cyrodiil felt alive with non stop action and even a low level player could take me out from behind a ballista . This update was incredible .

So thank you @ZOS_BrianWheeler and your entire PvP staff that worked this out . Thank You very much .

tumblr_mp0vr6iBGk1s9vzsko1_500.gif
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an EU peasant so dont have the patch yet. Cant wait though, been reading some posts here and it sounds very promising.

Thank you Brian. :smile:

Next step, fix the lag. ^^
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't PvP much, but I'm still glad to hear it's getting some love. <3
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes thank you i have been havinga lot more fun.

I even noticed with the improvements to the quest exp in the Cyrodiil towns they have been much more active with small skirmish fights everywhere. It is really making it start to feel like that open pvp world i wanted.
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *adds a cheer*
    Yes! We have an actual War now!
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving the siege challenges. We were butting heads all night trying to dance around it's damage.

Happy it's more warfare and less "sports team" football practice.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly....I haven't seen any major changes other than having to watch your feet a little more while on siege. Well that and being able to be a level 10 with a fire treb and taking a resource all by yourself (or so I heard last night)!
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
    Options
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as it's so laggy, does it really matter?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    While the Siege changes are just one step, that's not saying we're done with the performance issues in Cyrodiil. We are well aware there is more work to do =)
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    While the Siege changes are just one step, that's not saying we're done with the performance issues in Cyrodiil. We are well aware there is more work to do =)

Good :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

awesome, glad to see you in the forums near daily. this surely helps the pvp community feel noticed.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
    Options
  • WhiskeyJac
    WhiskeyJac
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the change , now small group defenses are fun
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP.
    After yesterday patch, enemy alliances are gonna think THRICE before coming over to our turf.
    Lag is more manageable since we can break off these groups and reduce the lag.

Fights are more intense, requires strategy, and even the noobiest of noobs have a chance defending a keep once they're properly trained.

But I wonder if Soul gem prices will be reduced in the future since there will be alot more people dying during siege battles.
    Edited by PainfulFAFA on March 24, 2015 5:38PM
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • shebali
    shebali
    ✭✭✭

Brian, good job so far. This change was for the better and you being more active makes me think of the VN boards where MBJ was super open and talked all the time on the forums.
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like PvP is improving. I'm glad to hear that even though I hardly ever participate.
    Options
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's amazing how something as simple as increasing damage on siege has completely changed the tactics in Cyrodiil. Not just that but the "feeling" is suddenly much more brutal.

Large groups can actually be forced to spread out and even killed off now, for the first time in my Cyrodiil history i had to use a tripot in order to survive a siege hit and i actually see players rolling out of red circles rather than standing without care knowing the damage was so pathetic before it didn't matter.

I only hope that the players of Cyrodiil learn to adapt rather than complain they are no longer godlike in the face of incoming fire balista and large stones. Personally i very much like this change.
    Options
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% Agree with Roe
    Options
  • Arki
    Arki
    ✭✭✭
    Hear hear! This had a major impact on the whole experience, both attacking and defending. Both require much more tactics now, large scale tactics more similar to an actual large scale battle. Great job!
    Options
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, a HUUUUUGER thank you
    Options
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Brian, Cyrodiil truly does feel like an AvAvA war again. And for what its worth, I have not experienced any knee buckling lag since the change, and I play in Thornblade. I have had some small lag spikes that subsided pretty quickly, but not the stuff where I am using bolt escape, not moving, then 20 seconds later I am warping all over the place with none of my abilities working.

Edited by c0rp on March 25, 2015 9:54PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely disagree with OP.

Saw non-stop lag and desynch at various points in Cyrodiil.

Must be my router.
    Options
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I would love fixed/changed - the fire treb instant damage tick after being hit. There should be a delay between hit and tick, otherwise it's just as if the treb does that much more damage as a standard hit.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
    Options
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more

DK SCRUB OUT
    Options
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah i was avoiding pvp alot because of all the lag and just general aggravation of it but with these new changes its just amazing i can actually PVP now
    Options
  • CrazedDark
    CrazedDark
    ✭✭
    Well this is a nice kind of thread to see on the forums. It's like a 'Where's Waldo'-level unicorn around here.
    VR 14 Nord Templar Nils of the Gylander
    VR 1 Dark Elf Sorc Lazarus of the Fallen
    VR 7 Dark Elf DK Crazed of the Dark

Phoenix Rising

"For the Pact."
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed less of the major meteor raining lag (but still saw it briefly) but had some different things going weird.

Is there a glitch where people just don't take damage? Abilities seem to fire right but damage doesn't register. Actuallly; thinking about it, is the health desync just really bad so you do not see health move down nor back up from the healing? Maybe that is it.

I do think siege could be toned down just a bit. Maybe the size of the AOE reduced a hair and the damage just a little less but still closer to what it is now than what it was before the change.
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Yesterday was a day i liked the PvP again. After days of frustration (skills not working, lag lag and more lag) yesterday it worked fine on a 3 locked bar thronblade EU.

Sure, there was still lag and i had 2 times my ambush failed and activated later on when i didn't want it.

But it was mayhem. One of the nice things is Siege weapons are now what they should be. Awesome destructive power. First only used to siege castles, you now see open field skirmishes where fire ballista are placed next to the meatball thing.

It is still risk vs reward. You place siege weapon to help your team and blast away foes, with the risk a sneaky NB impales you in the back.

It is awesome and if you keep this up (and make it less laggy again and add deers and torchbugs) it will once again be more awesome then it was yesterday.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options