The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about life after the main quest. Possible Spoiler!

DirtyHarry
DirtyHarry
Soul Shriven
Hey y'all, please forgive me for my ignorance, I am not a very good MMO person with all the lingo and how things in MMO's work, but I am Everything Elder Scrolls so I love this game.

Ok, so I completed the main quest "Ebonheart Pact", then went to the Harborage and clicked on Caldwell's Silver (I think) "experience Daggerfall?" and finally made it to level 50. I am now following side quests and exploring the whole Daggerfall Covenant thing in Glenumbra BUT, am I still following the main quest? OR am I just experiencing what would have happened if I had started in the Daggerfall zone? or what?

I'm not sure what's actually going on, are the people in "my" Daggerfall experience in the "post Molag Bal" world? or is it like I just started over but at level 50?

To be honest I'm not even sure if I'm asking the question(s) correctly, But I talked to an NPC that said that the ship captain found me floating blah blah, but I didn't go through the whole Cold Harbor thing again, soooo where am I in the story?

thanks and sorry if this is just a stupid question, I am nowhere near a hard core player, just a casual quester.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's supposed to be a vision of alternate reality where you joined a different faction, but you don't repeat quests you finished before (main quest, Fighters, Mages). Interpret it as you like. The strangest thing is that you recovered your soul at the end of the main quest, but nobody recognizes it. And dolmens still drop all over the world, of course.

Lore-wise, it's open to you own interpretation. Technically it was just a cheap and easy way to prolong our levelling experience and give us pseudo-endgame.
  • DirtyHarry
    DirtyHarry
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for clearing that up Rosveen, that's pretty much what I thought.

It's kinda strange going through it this way, but I'm still enjoying it!!

thanks again man!
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's just a super obvious and short sighted money grab by Zenitharmax just to give freeloaders an alternative to buying XP potions. There won't be any real content for many months yet to come.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    The strangest thing is that you recovered your soul at the end of the main quest, but nobody recognizes it. And dolmens still drop all over the world, of course.
    That's not strange if it's alternate history, as it's taking place before you got your soul back.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The strangest thing is that you recovered your soul at the end of the main quest, but nobody recognizes it. And dolmens still drop all over the world, of course.
    That's not strange if it's alternate history, as it's taking place before you got your soul back.
    Yes, but if it's alternate history, we should do the main quest and guilds again. And the state of the rest of the world shouldn't be changed, but it is and in the end all three factions are "saved". Also, is it alternate history or normal timeline when we go back to our own alliance? Because anchors still drop there too, so we didn't actually save it.

Whichever way you look at it, there's always something that doesn't fit.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Yes, but if it's alternate history, we should do the main quest and guilds again. And the state of the rest of the world shouldn't be changed, but it is and in the end all three factions are "saved". Also, is it alternate history or normal timeline when we go back to our own alliance? Because anchors still drop there too, so we didn't actually save it.

Whichever way you look at it, there's always something that doesn't fit.
    Sure, I guess that makes sense. But the only reason you aren't doing the main quest and guilds again is because the system says you've already done it; you can tell by the dialogue at the end of Reaper's March/Bangkorai/The Rift that they intend to give you Messages Across Tamriel, but the system says "no, they've already done it".

Returning to your own alliance is a bit odd too, but I think every zone is "fixed" in its own time. Regardless of when you go there, the events of Rivenspire occur before the events of Bangkorai, and the events of Coldharbour occur after all of them. So if you find a dolmen in Stormhaven, it's because the timeline of Stormhaven occurs before the timeline of Coldharbour. (We'll have to put aside the passing comments of NPCs that reference events in other zones.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp