Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stay at level 50 permanently?

Stamden
Stamden
✭✭✭✭✭
So some of my friends are still leveling and we like to PvP on the low level server, but I am about to get to level 50. Is there a way I can just stay at 50 without going into VR ranks?

I was thinking that maybe if I don't do the final quest then I won't unlock veteran ranks possibly. Is that how it works, or will I just level up to VR1 after 50 (with enough exp) regardless of what quests I've done?
Edited by Stamden on March 23, 2015 5:56AM
PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking that maybe if I don't do the final quest then I won't unlock veteran ranks possibly.
    You will not unlock veteran areas.
    Edited by LameoveR on March 23, 2015 6:32AM
  • Sythias
    Sythias
    ✭✭✭
    LameoveR wrote: »
    I was thinking that maybe if I don't do the final quest then I won't unlock veteran ranks possibly.
    You will not unlock veteran areas.

You won't be able to go to the Vet areas, correct. However you will still hit VR1and beyond from gaining xp.
    Sythias Blackhand - Imperial Nightblade - Trueflame NA DC
    Elder Skills PVP Captain
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait for XP rewind\freeze potions in Crown Shop :p
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So some of my friends are still leveling and we like to PvP on the low level server, but I am about to get to level 50. Is there a way I can just stay at 50 without going into VR ranks?
    As others have said, there's no way to prevent you gaining the VR1 tag once you hit 50 .. but more to the point what benefit would you see in doing it?

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no level 50, you move from 49 to VR1. If you don't want to outlevel your friends, stop playing this character. Helpful, I know. :p
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that is a damn shame.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The last thing we need are twinks in this game.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You already have them, they're called Former Emperors.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    As others have said, there's no way to prevent you gaining the VR1 tag once you hit 50 .. but more to the point what benefit would you see in doing it?

One benefit if you don't think scripted quests belong in online games: PvP in Blackwater Blade. That would be ESO for you.

I'd like that option too. Lots of folks have played Eve Online for many years in low level ships - Frigates in the case of that game. They simply opt out of the notion of character and gear progression, relying on PvP to provide the dynamic variety and replayability that PvE and questing fail to deliver.

And as a software developer - at least that's what I've gathered from reading your posts - I'm sure you'd agree that implementation of such an option would not be difficult.

The objection to this, and it was a valid one in my view, was that Blackwater Blade would then cease to be a new player training area, which is how many on this forum viewed it.

Unfortunately, on one server at least, it never was. It was simply owned by the Pact and provided EP players with an advantage in getting characters from 10-50.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One benefit if you don't think scripted quests belong in online games: PvP in Blackwater Blade. That would be ESO for you.

I'd like that option too. Lots of folks have played Eve Online for many years in low level ships - Frigates in the case of that game. They simply opt out of the notion of character and gear progression, relying on PvP to provide the dynamic variety and replayability that PvE and questing fail to deliver.

And as a software developer - at least that's what I've gathered from reading your posts - I'm sure you'd agree that implementation of such an option would not be difficult.

The objection to this, and it was a valid one in my view, was that Blackwater Blade would then cease to be a new player training area, which is how many on this forum viewed it.

Unfortunately, on one server at least, it never was. It was simply owned by the Pact and provided EP players with an advantage in getting characters from 10-50.
    Okay, PVP. I don't PVP and would prefer it wasn't in the game but having played WOW for many years (not PVPing) I am fully aware of the 'twink' syndrome, though of course that doesn't apply to EVE from what I know of it.

Yes, I develop software, yes it would be very easy of course to provide a 'no XP' feature, some games have them and its entirely a business decision .. one that Blizzard modified to some extent when they drastically reduced twinking by separating twinks from 'normal' leveling players.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 23, 2015 3:09PM
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd say V14s, especially with the CP system added on.

But, a former Emp with max CPs and V14 is a monster twink.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Former Emperor buffs aren't even that great. In a fight they're not going to make a difference.
    PC NA