The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do Crafting Surveys located in Lower Craglorn even have a chance of yielding a Nirncrux?

Fat_Cat45
Fat_Cat45
✭✭✭✭✭
I've gotten about 200 surveys split between wood, cloth, and ore now. 2 of the 3 cloth surveys and 1 of the 3 woodworker surveys are located in Lower Craglorn. I have never received a nirncrux from any survey located there.

I don't think they stated anywhere that the survey must be in Upper to receive nirncrux, but I think that's a bit ridiculous that nirncrux doesn't drop from Lower surveys.

Hypothetically if someone only did surveys on Clothing, and someone only did them on Blacksmithing, that blacksmith would overall obtain much more nirncrux than that clothier. It's unfair to make limit each craft in the chance of getting a survey which can possibly yield a nirncrux. Wood, Cloth, and Ore should be equal in that regard.

Because surveys are instanced to the player individually, and also labelled as "Rich", "Lush", or "Pristine", I don't think it would be too difficult to incorporate nirncrux drops to those Lower Craglorn survey locations.
Edited by Fat_Cat45 on March 22, 2015 9:19PM
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Nirncrux is only found in nodes in Upper Craglorn so .. maybe?
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think any VR14 with LvL 50 in the Profession they did the Writ for should NEVER EVER get a Survey Report in Lower Craglorn. One of the very few reasons that some even do the crafting Writs is for the chance at a Nirncrux. But getting 60-75% of your Surveys in Lower Craglorn is complete garbage, that's assuming you get a Survey at all.

The whole design around Crafting Writs (not Consumable Writs) needs to be changed. The material requirements need to drop in half and the XP quadrupled (it gives 499 XP now). The gold payout is fine, but the IP reward is a joke when you're maxed already. Give us a choice of IP, AP (small amount, like 302 which is what Scout Reports give you), or additional Gold (say another 302 Gold). Make it so that if you are VR10+ and Level 50 in said Profession that any Survey Reports you do get are always in Upper Craglorn. ZoS needs to increase the Nirncrux drop rate from Surveys as it's still no higher than open world nodes.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    The whole design around Crafting Writs (not Consumable Writs) needs to be changed. The material requirements need to drop in half and the XP quadrupled (it gives 499 XP now). The gold payout is fine, but the IP reward is a joke when you're maxed already. Give us a choice of IP, AP (small amount, like 302 which is what Scout Reports give you), or additional Gold (say another 302 Gold). Make it so that if you are VR10+ and Level 50 in said Profession that any Survey Reports you do get are always in Upper Craglorn. ZoS needs to increase the Nirncrux drop rate from Surveys as it's still no higher than open world nodes.

I'd like to know why they didn't do it like the Enchanting Writs. Require 1 crafted item plus 3 of a random trait or racial stone instead of 6-ish crafted items. :\ But even only half of what we're pouring into the things now would be better. How is the Dragonstar Trading Company going through all this equipment anyway? Are they just turning around and deconning it as soon as they get it?

I'm also a little irked that the survey nodes don't give us all the same tier of node. I need Nightwood to replace what I made; Ironweed is...kind of useless for me.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »

The gold payout is fine, but the IP reward is a joke when you're maxed already. Give us a choice of IP, AP (small amount, like 302 which is what Scout Reports give you), or additional Gold (say another 302 Gold)..

It would be great if you can accept writs in Cyrodiil which award AP. Some scenario such as delivering weapons to a town like Bruma or Cheydinhal. Or to workers at a resource around a keep. Get crafters to feel a little more involved in the world.

It could also help fortify the strength of the units around a resource/keep on top of their current max strength
    Edited by Fat_Cat45 on March 22, 2015 10:28PM
    Options