Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Couple of sorcerer questions

ymn_ars
ymn_ars
Hello everybody, i'd like to ask couple of questions about my first character and class which is a sorcerer

1- When should i stop giving points on magicka and instead go health ( or maybe stamina ? )
2- I actually wanted to play battlemage kinda thing but then i saw medium armor and heavy armor has no passive bonus for magicka i changed my mind so dont you guys think its kinda useless if you want to play with your magic mainly but at the same time wanna have more armor ?
3- Im having trouble keeping up my magelight + 2 summon cuz +2 more skill and i have no more space on skillbar, whats your suggestion about it ?
4- I can not see my magelight and i dont know why, i have to logout and comeback, is it a somekinda bug just for me ? or ? ( magelight = on in settings )
Edited by ymn_ars on March 22, 2015 4:35PM
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I play a hybrid build myself. Split between magicka and HP and stamina at about a 1-2-1 ratio I think. Mostly medium armor with a couple pieces of either light or heavy. Seems to work ok for me. Not expecting to top any DPS charts, but I don't really care about that. Really depends on your play style as far as how much to invest where.

As far as your summons and magelight is concerned, well, you're just going to have to make a decision on how much you need them verses how much you need more active skills. I normally don't run with more than one toggle ability at a time.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    1- Personally, I put more into health then magicka, can't remember specifically off the top of my head, but use enchantments to up my magicka pool more. If you're a pure caster, you don't have to invest in stamina.
    2- Hardened Ward is amazing. I also like the lightning armor spell, but that draws a lot of aggro. If needed, you could always put on the daedric armor, but that's just another toggle spell to take up slots, sadly.
    3- Ah yes, the togglemancer class. Personally, I just use one pet. I use Clannfear for tanks, and the Twilight for groups. Most good groups later on don't need a pet, though some people still run them.
    4- My glowing fairy ball disappears once in a while as well. People have complained about it, so I think they're trying to make it less noticable in some circumstances, and it's just disappearing altogether. It's still there, though.
    Edited by Runefell on March 22, 2015 6:48PM
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• ymn_ars
    ymn_ars
    Glurin wrote: »
    Well, I play a hybrid build myself. Split between magicka and HP and stamina at about a 1-2-1 ratio I think. Mostly medium armor with a couple pieces of either light or heavy. Seems to work ok for me. Not expecting to top any DPS charts, but I don't really care about that. Really depends on your play style as far as how much to invest where.

As far as your summons and magelight is concerned, well, you're just going to have to make a decision on how much you need them verses how much you need more active skills. I normally don't run with more than one toggle ability at a time.
    Runefell wrote: »
    1- Personally, I put more into health then magicka, can't remember specifically off the top of my head, but use enchantments to up my magicka pool more. If you're a pure caster, you don't have to invest in stamina.
    2- Hardened Ward is amazing. I also like the lightning armor spell, but that draws a lot of aggro. If needed, you could always put on the daedric armor, but that's just another toggle spell to take up slots, sadly.
    3- Ah yes, the togglemancer class. Personally, I just use one pet. I use Clannfear for tanks, and the Twilight for groups. Most good groups later on don't need a pet, though some people still run them.
    4- My glowing fairy ball disappears once in a while as well. People have complained about it, so I think they're trying to make it less noticable in some circumstances, and it's just disappearing altogether. It's still there, though.

thx for the answers guys, im actually thinking about 1h + shield its like whenever you are under attack go full armor otherwise full dps light armor and staff
    Edited by ymn_ars on March 22, 2015 7:18PM
  • manyrabidrats
    manyrabidrats
    ✭✭✭
    ymn_ars wrote: »
    thx for the answers guys, im actually thinking about 1h + shield its like whenever you are under attack go full armor otherwise full dps light armor and staff

actually I have something to input here in that case. I run a sorc 1h/sheild in 5 heavy 2 light.
    skills used, bound aegis,thundering presence,crystal shards,mages wrath,puncture.
    makes for a good tank, especially with heal staff as 2nd weapon.

use puncture to hold agro and cut enemy resistance, thundering presence to draw more agro away from groupies in beginning of fight. mages wrath for a quick spell and crystal shards when the instant cast procs.

sometimes can be a little low in the DPS side, but good luck killing me.

stamina/health/magica on a 3/6/4 ratio

EDIT: forgot to mention using 5 pc seducer and 4 pc magnus gift . nearly never have any magica problems, big recovery bonus.
    Edited by manyrabidrats on March 26, 2015 9:18PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ymn_ars wrote: »
    Hello everybody, i'd like to ask couple of questions about my first character and class which is a sorcerer

1- When should i stop giving points on magicka and instead go health ( or maybe stamina ? )
    2- I actually wanted to play battlemage kinda thing but then i saw medium armor and heavy armor has no passive bonus for magicka i changed my mind so dont you guys think its kinda useless if you want to play with your magic mainly but at the same time wanna have more armor ?
    3- Im having trouble keeping up my magelight + 2 summon cuz +2 more skill and i have no more space on skillbar, whats your suggestion about it ?
    4- I can not see my magelight and i dont know why, i have to logout and comeback, is it a somekinda bug just for me ? or ? ( magelight = on in settings )

Personally, my Sorcerer is speced 4 to 1 Mana over Health, magic attacks scale from Magic and it really gets powerful if the attribute is buffed up. My thoughts are, if you kill them fast enough, you don't need Health.

You can't go 7 Light in this game, you will die. A lot. Run a Heavy Chest and Helm (you can hide the helm and most heavy cuirasses blend well with Light Armor esp with Dyes) Or you can run Heavy Boots and Belt, but you won't get as much armor. BTW, running a heavy chest and helm and 5 light on the others doubles your Magic and Physical Protection.

If you running Mage Light, and you should, then it might be best to only have one pet slotted. What I do is have two fire staffs and then I have a Pet bar and a Casting bar because you don't always need your pets. Magelight is on both bars so I don't lose that on the swap.

There is an option in the settings to turn off the floating ball of light, but it does not always work. Sometimes the ball shows up, sometimes it does not. If shows up on mine, I just toggle Magelight on and off again.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"