Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can Sorcerer Melee DPS Work? [PVE]

seanb14_ESO11
seanb14_ESO11
Soul Shriven
So it looks like my main that I was hopping to return to (sorc tank) is no longer a viable choice for end game content, but I still really love the spells and feel of a melee focused sorc. I have been reading over the forums for a day or 2 now and I just cant seem to find a real answer to my question; Can a melee sorc be a competitive DPS for endgame PVE content like trials and hardmodes?

OR: am I better off just walking away from my sorc and just starting over as a NB or DK?
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
  • seanb14_ESO11
    seanb14_ESO11
    Soul Shriven
    LameoveR wrote: »

I have seen that build, and while it looks good there is no evidence that its at all competitive endgame (VR10-14, Trials, Hardmode, etc). I am not looking to be a top DPS min/max'er.. but I also want to be able to play endgame content and not be laughed out for not being able to pull 10k+ dps. So I guess what i'm asking is not for a build... but for some foresight as to if its even worth pushing forward VR1-14 as a melee sorc or if it will never be competitive should I just give in and restart as a DK or NB.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think all it takes for a stamina build of any class to be competitive dps wise, is Wrecking Blow and a lot of weapon damage.
  • kokoandshinb14a_ESO
    LameoveR wrote: »

I read this build, and I'm wondering how it's a Stamina build.
    Dw isn't used for dps, but rather to generate ult I'm guessing, and destro 2nd bar..... ok.....

I don't refute the use of overload, I do 2nd guess why he's saying it's stam based, as you can use overload with any build, and u can still exploit dw weapons or 2h weapon. To maximize the overload damage.

Now, I too have been trying to figure out a Stam build.

So far I've been using crit rush and surge as primary dps.

What I'm doing is

Surge....crit rush...Magnum shot....rinse and repeat.

Magnum shot is used to create separation so u can crit rush in, which does good damage and of course.... heals you.

I then am actually using 2 pets.... clannfear and magika regen serpent.

My open slot is whatever u want there.... I have rally for extra heals and weapon damage.

On my back bar I'm running magnum, 2 pets..... (boo for have to use these on 2 bars) mage shock morph for execute, and either bolt escape or defender rune.

In all stam in attributes, but jewelry I use all Magik stuff... magic cost reduction and plus Magik pool.
    I use magic/stam regen pots, and have been debating ww or vamp for added resource mgmt.

I haven't used this is pvp yet, but at gauging from the damage of crit rush, I think it may surprise lots of pvpers.

Also, the fact that crit rush syncs even before your in range is phenomenonal.
    U just spam it and boom your instant there.

This technique also synergies well with wrecking blow. You lead with wb, spam crit rush repeat.

In fact we u do that I'm seeing that many tes what happens is you spam an instant wb while u crit rush in. So u will see a wb wb crit rush. Dunno why or how, but it's there.
    Edited by kokoandshinb14a_ESO on March 23, 2015 3:50AM