Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Request for a "History Lesson" (EU: Azura/Thronblade)

TheGrandAlliance
TheGrandAlliance
✭✭✭✭
INDEED IT IS SO... THE MISTRESS SPEAKS AGAIN!!!

....now that we have that over with: I was wonder if someone that been here and knows a lot about what happened on Azura's Star/Thornblade (the 30-day ones) from basically AUG-NOW could give a general update as to WTF happened in the meantime.

Info such as Power Trends, Faction Standings, Major PvP Guilds, and any interesting PvP events/battles would all be useful...

Once again: Nice to see all of you once more...

Edit: For players returning now (30-day only): Should they go to Azura's Star and try to build up a Second Server "from the ground up" or should they just all ram into Thornblade hoping to beat the queue?
Edited by TheGrandAlliance on March 31, 2015 4:13AM
Indeed it is so...
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill sum up TB history real quick.

Lagg lagg nightcap lagg lagg more nightcap lagg lagg. Used to be highly competetive with all major guilds on there, now they have spread over campaignd and its mostly about whos awake longer.

Azura.

Fully blue, blue fall asleep and leave. Reds come in. Reds bloat about success. French invasion happens. Azura goes back to being blue.

TL;DR

nothing of importance.
    :]
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thornblade is still the most competetive campaign, all three factions are very close together when it comes to scoring. It's often very laggy and people actually play there 24/7. The other campaigns (sans non-vet) are in varying states of Emperor/AP farming and not really recommended for anything else than that or questing.

A special mention for Backwater Blade, just because everybody keeps saying how much fun it is to play there.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    AAA okay nice general summaries for both servers... thanks for the information.

Hopefully the removal of subs will increase PvP population over time... especially if they ever decide to "fix" or otherwise add PvP content (Imperial City?...) in the future.
    Indeed it is so...
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    It increased pvp population as population in haderus are locked for all factions every day at prime time.
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll update later if I missed something else. Also when guilds are mentioned the win is not attributed to them just for OP's interest.

(from AD perspective and with drama omitted due to naming and shaming rules XD)

Thornblade #1 AD's main guilds (EDC and KOCyro) leave due to lag, also reds winning due to overwhelming nightcaps. Think the score was #1 EP #2 DC #3 AD (may have been #3 DC)
    Thornblade #2 AD's guilds return 1/2 way through and get to 2nd place. EP win.
    Thornblade #3 AD win comfortably
    Thornblade #4&5 DC nightcap almost every night however AD gain massive points due to low population - lots of drama due to this - AD just win on last night due to guild cooperation. very close. #1 AD #2 DC #3 EP
    Thornblade #6 EP's 'War council' is formed and push AD hard in the last 2 weeks catching up from last place and overtaking at points. EDC and KOCyro work together. AD just manage to win again (some low points bonus early in the campaign but not the end).
    Thornblade #7 EDC leave for 1 campaign to go to chillrend before 1.6 and KOCyro join too and spend some time on Haderus. AD come last place by almost 20k, DC 2nd EP 1st
    Thornblade #8 DC hold a 'guild's meeting' and decide to push to win. Chillrend's DC's move to thorn because they dont want to fight AD on Chil after last campaigns. EDC return too and are now joined too by *** and current score is EP/DC #1 AD #3 with EP morningcapping and DC nightcapping rampant. AD holding on within 4k of the lead.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 24, 2015 9:30PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see... more interesting information.

Alas the question is: For players returning now (30-day only): Should they go to Azura's Star and try to build up a second server from the ground up and make it better or should they just all ram into Thornblade hoping to beat the que?
    Indeed it is so...
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll update later if I missed something else. Also when guilds are mentioned the win is not attributed to them just for OP's interest.

(from AD perspective and with drama omitted due to naming and shaming rules XD)

Thornblade #1 AD's main guilds (EDC and KOCyro) leave due to lag, also reds winning due to overwhelming nightcaps. Think the score was #1 EP #2 DC #3 AD (may have been #3 DC)
    Thornblade #2 AD's guilds return 1/2 way through and get to 2nd place. EP win.
    Thornblade #3 AD win comfortably comfortably? 300points ahead? O_o you should defniatly check your biased perception :wink:
    Thornblade #4&5 DC nightcap almost every night however AD gain massive points due to low population - lots of drama due to this - AD just win on last night due to guild cooperation. very close. #1 AD #2 DC #3 EP
    Thornblade #6 EP's 'War council' is formed and push AD hard in the last 2 weeks catching up from last place and overtaking at points. EDC and KOCyro work together. AD just manage to win again (some low points bonus early in the campaign but not the end).
    Thornblade #7 EDC leave for 1 campaign to go to chillrend before 1.6 and KOCyro join too and spend some time on Haderus. AD come last place by almost 20k, DC 2nd EP 1st
    Thornblade #8 DC hold a 'guild's meeting' and decide to push to win. Chillrend's DC's move to thorn because they dont want to fight AD on Chil after last campaigns. EDC return too and are now joined too by *** and current score is EP/DC #1 AD #3 with EP morningcapping and DC nightcapping rampant. AD holding on within 4k of the lead.

#1 and 7 of ep were comfortably wins and #5 for AD with significant help by the underpop bonus but beside that it was allways pretty close.
    ps: the blue part is a clickable link for evidence
    Edited by Tankqull on March 26, 2015 10:39AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was thornblade 4 that was close I did this from memory
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP nightcap, EP nightcap, AD nightcap, AD nightcap, broken AD point bonus giving them 10K+ overnight, broken AD point bonus again, EP nightcap but AD broken point bonus, EP nightcap, and now currently another EP nightcap campaign, and that's it.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »
    EP nightcap, EP nightcap, AD nightcap, AD nightcap, broken AD point bonus giving them 10K+ overnight, broken AD point bonus again, EP nightcap but AD broken point bonus, EP nightcap, and now currently another EP nightcap campaign, and that's it.

#DCdontnightcapever
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#DCdontnightcapeversuccessfully
    adjusted it slightly ;)
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#DCdontnightcapever

The point of my post was to call *** on yours, because you made it seem the other way, that AD never nightcap and have actually won a campaign "fairly" (whatever that means), because I have spent countless nights alone with two or three, four at most other DC defending our last scroll against what seems like 50 elves and a DK vamperor every time AD hasn't placed 3rd.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AD has historically night capped sparingly to win. DC did it every night then not when it mattered
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD has historically night capped sparingly to win. DC did it every night then not when it mattered
    Who needs nightcapping when you have lagcapping, right?
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The most laughable comment I have seen so far..... You need to get your facts right.

After owning Chilly since it started we decided to make an Alliance with other DC guilds who we are friends with and move to Thorn and try to win this campaign. It had nothing what so ever to do with YOU coming to Chilly.... In fact when we found you in Chilly we wiped you a lot more times than you wiped us.

Just out of interest are you are part of the guild that logs out after getting wiped 3 times...... We saw that that a few times on Chilly. You though you could come over and get some easy AP.... but you failed quite a few times.

Facts are ....... DC have owned pretty much every rotation in Chilly EU since it started.
  • Nymeria_the_shortest
    Nymeria_the_shortest
    Soul Shriven

The most laughable comment I have seen so far..... You need to get your facts right.

After owning Chilly since it started we decided to make an Alliance with other DC guilds who we are friends with and move to Thorn and try to win this campaign. It had nothing what so ever to do with YOU coming to Chilly.... In fact when we found you in Chilly we wiped you a lot more times than you wiped us.

Just out of interest are you are part of the guild that logs out after getting wiped 3 times...... We saw that that a few times on Chilly. You though you could come over and get some easy AP.... but you failed quite a few times.

Facts are ....... DC have owned pretty much every rotation in Chilly EU since it started.

Agree, Insightful, awesome.
    "One fine day in the middle of the night.
    Two dead kings got up to fight.
    back to back they faced each other
    drew their bows... and stabbed themselves
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chillrend has always been the campaign I would enter to take a single resource and then watch 20+ DC PvE players show up to take it back. Haderus was basically the same only 20+ AD would show up.

Only since people got sick and tired of Thornblade lag, PvP in those campaigns became somewhat more interesting at times. Other than that, buff campaigns owned by PvE players who need an entire raid to remove a few enemies from a single resource.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on March 27, 2015 6:35AM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Guys you do know your super secret 'DC guild meeting' was streamed right?

The exact words were something along the lines of "we have been fighting EDC and banana hordes alone on chill and can't do it so we will leave chill and come to tb because we are sick of being on our own with no help from rest of DC"

Also I'm part of the guilds that stopped you getting emps on chill for hours 5 vs 40+ in fact we got our own emp when you logged off after being so frustrated that 5 people could take a keep faster than you and defend against you and the guild that made your server all yellow for days
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 27, 2015 9:08AM
    @Solar_Breeze
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure there aren't any buff servers now...for ad there aren't that is since haderus is a good campaign now to have fun and there aren't any more 20+ ad coming to a resource since it's not always yellow anymore :D
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

• AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(1)Guys you do know your super secret 'DC guild meeting' was streamed right?

(2)The exact words were something along the lines of "we have been fighting EDC and banana hordes alone on chill and can't do it so we will leave chill and come to tb because we are sick of being on our own with no help from rest of DC"

(3)Also I'm part of the guilds that stopped you getting emps on chill for hours 5 vs 40+ in fact we got our own emp when you logged off after being so frustrated that 5 people could take a keep faster than you and defend against you and the guild that made your server all yellow for days

1) I cannot be held responsible for other players of DC guilds and their streaming antics.... But it matters not.
    2) Amazing that you can take so much out of context to suit your needs and to measure the size of your ego on a forum, you should think about a career in politics. We were tired of fighting on our own as an organised guild with no or very little help from the pug or PvE guilds who wanted to keep their buff server who wanted to do their own thing (which is fine) but it was not how we wanted to play the game.......... So we moved to thorn to play more organised PvP, not the fact that we were tired of losing all the time against you because it never happened..... But the exploit of the low pop bonus by your guild is another story...... I have the screenshots before you ask.
    3) Looks like I got the response I wanted - and that wasn't us either........ 5 v 40+ never happened (not against us).

And you have answered me by not answering the "part of the guild that logs out after getting wiped 3 times". It was you and your guild as you never denied it.

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5 vs 40 was at 3am maybe 4 campaigns back when 'Leothelion' was trying to get emp the night we stopped him and crowned El A' I don't know which days you are referring to on chill haven't played there for 27+ days.(we moved to thornblade for this campaign) - mods before you snip this isn't a name and shame he got emp another night just referencing time line and he has nothing to do with my post

Please send me the screen shots I'll be most amused to review how you think I cause low pop bonus to apply by playing on Thornblade against the DC night zerg on thorn #5

'Not against us' I have no clue who you are which is why I reference DC. My history is accurate according to the DC guild with evo pvpmasters da etc.. chat that was streamed. Also the only DC group I've wiped to in chillrend recently is smurf squad and we certainly didn't quit after it .. in fact we took glade and killed them right after.

Whoever the main guild on Chillrend (during thorn #7) from DC was left cause they were sore about losing all the time. If that's you, then that's you.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 27, 2015 1:54PM
    @Solar_Breeze
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are still factually incorrect as I have stated in my previous post. There was no sore losing, we just left. It sure as hell wasn't because of you.

I'm going to say no more on the matter, as its like talking to a brick wall.

PM me your email address and I will send a screen shot of your low pop exploit.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are still factually incorrect as I have stated in my previous post. There was no sore losing, we just left. It sure as hell wasn't because of you.

I'm going to say no more on the matter, as its like talking to a brick wall.

PM me your email address and I will send a screen shot of your low pop exploit.

You can message me screenshots on the forums I think? I'd really love to know how I supposedly caused low pop bonus. Cause the 'I got whispered by an AD guy who said" line was hilarious last time.
    Personally I blame themdogesbite for being too OP an Emp :p

Your guild leaders from Chill stated: "we are tired fighting and wiping on our own against EDC, Banana Squad and Yellow Zergs on Chill"

I know DC are trying really hard to win TB this time, i commend you on it. Assigning 1 guild to each keep for 'scouting'. Making sure you take Roe and Brindle each night etc is a solid strategy. I wish you luck with it. It doesn't even make a difference that it was streamed because we knew this is what DC try to do every campaign.

And I still don't know who you are or which guild you play with :P I saw your mail. Is that Alessii(some spelling of that name)'s guild?
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 27, 2015 2:09PM
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, sure it was just a coincidence that you PvE heroes abandoned the dead campaign you were homed to for so many months after losing your precious buffs.

Nevermind that the chat Izanagi is refering to was streamed and some of us were kicked from your guild for not wanting to help you salvage the buffs and your leader was having a massive ragefit in the guild chat when Banana Squad first came there.
    Edited by Isbilen on March 27, 2015 6:55PM
  • VolvoXX
    VolvoXX
    ✭✭✭
    5 vs 40 was at 3am maybe 4 campaigns back when 'Leothelion' was trying to get emp the night we stopped him and crowned El A'

Again a topic where u need to get ur facts right: True, we tried to crown Leo around 3 or 4 am in the morning after playing at Chillrend all evening and night. If our small raid of 6 or 7 ppl that were left around that time (with no pug around while fighting) appeared as +40 for u... ok... seems we did quite a good work then!
    True, we failed at crowning at that moment cos we all just ended up in taking one empty AD keep on the one side of the map while u took one of our at the other side... We got tired of this chasing around with taking one empty keep after the other and left empty map to u, so no need to brag with crowning emp without having an resistance... and btw, Leo was crowned then the other day

PC (EU) | DC
    Legio Mortuum
  • Hutuldur
    Hutuldur
    ✭✭
    I remember the Chillrend campaign before current Thorn campaign quite well as it was my 20h emperor reign then. EP+AD combined didn't have as many points as DC, so it was quite easy win still. Nothing wrong on AD enjoying the 2nd place after few good fight though :)

Iznakki is like Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf working for Pravda :)
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, sure it was just a coincidence that you PvE heroes abandoned the dead campaign you were homed to for so many months after losing your precious buffs.

Nevermind that the chat Izanagi is refering to was streamed and some of us were kicked from your guild for not wanting to help you salvage the buffs and your leader was having a massive ragefit in the guild chat when Banana Squad first came there.

Who are you ?

PvE heroes ?? Lost me there.......
    Edited by AllPlayAndNoWork on March 27, 2015 8:34PM
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, PVE heroes. From what I remember your guild spent more time trying to earn the fishing achievements than you did playing PVP, and the only PVP you played for many months was being farmed by red emperor farmers and PVWall to get your buffs back for trial-night.
    Edited by Isbilen on March 27, 2015 8:44PM
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, PVE heroes. From what I remember your guild spent more time trying to earn the fishing achievements than you did playing PVP, and the only PVP you played for many months was being farmed by red emperor farmers and PVWall to get your buffs back for trial-night.

Still.... Who are you again ?

Oh.... another factless troll poster........
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its ok now I know who you are........... Sour grapes.... sour grapes. How did you get the Former Emp title you throw about again ?? You have a short memory, but a vindictive one.
    Edited by AllPlayAndNoWork on March 27, 2015 9:08PM