The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

In-game legality of Bloodstones

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
It seems to me these should be really, really illegal in some places. We have had two Potentates that were vampires, that noble up in High Rock, and that helpful fellow in Skyrim with the follower that tells you to throw cat waste at the hunters. That's four friendly neighborhood vampires you could theoretically send attacking people against their will, and three of those could stop you just by making possessing one of those things against the law.

This is not counting the very real possibility a would-be vampire hunter would set one off too close to a population center, or even just leave one out in the rain by accident, prompting MORTAL nobles to do the same once the area got swarmed by ferals.

And this is assuming its turn-water-into-vampire-attracting-blood effects are temporary. If not, then we effectively poisoned that well in Goldfolly. (Here's a scary thought: what if someone used one on Lake Rumare? A huge population center, surrounded by water that is now blood which attracts EVERY crazed vampire in a wide radius and drives any vampires hiding within the walls mad with blood-thirst...)

Who makes these bloodstone things, and why did they think they were a good idea???

EDIT: I should clarify, I mean the item you use in the Goldfolly quest, not the crafting material.
Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on March 20, 2015 10:22PM
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.