Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any news on expansions? beginner tips for a khajiit battlemage?

Crispion
Crispion
i just got eso last night after waiting almost a year for the $15 per month to end so i have some questions...

1. are there any expansions in development?
2. i plan on being a khajiit battlemage but is the load out i was after possible? the load out would contain heavy armor, a hood, a shield and a staff.

any tips for beginners and advice on the khajiit battlemage i'd like to do would help

<ESO is still installing so i haven't played yet sadly>
Khajiit has wares IF you have coin
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Depends on your definition of an expansion but ZOS said all along they didn't expect to deliver single large chunks of new content as most other MMOs see every year or so, and with the advent of the Store and 'DLC' I think it ever less likely, ZOS will focus on small-scale, bite-sized additions they can sell frequently.

There are several DLC-sized additions we were originally promised to have had already or in the near future, all of which were delayed when they decided to go B2P, as such there are no timescales yet. There's supposedly a mix of group, solo and PVP content and other features, if/when they appear. There will be nothing before late summer at the earliest is the general expectation as I see it.

2) You can't wield a staff and a shield at the same time though at level 15 you get weapon-swap so you could change from using a staff to using a one-handed weapon and a shield, you can wear heavy armour and a light armour hood. All races can be played in any class, though the cat's racial perks aren't entirely 'optimum' for a caster: that said, unless you're a min/maxer then the cat would make a perfectly viable battlemage as you envisage it.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 20, 2015 10:40AM
  • Crispion
    Crispion
    ok thanks
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus on magicka OR Stamina based character, not both.
  • Crispion
    Crispion
    considering i plan on being a battlemage i was mainly going to focus on magicka and health and every few levels put a point into stamina