The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do I do spindleclutch?

qsnoopyjr
qsnoopyjr
✭✭✭✭
Basically how do I do spindleclutch?
Like I basically walked into it, talked the NPCs and I saw a lone spider, I used fiery grip to bring it to me and started killing it nicely and all sudden 3 or 4 adds come out of nowhere and pretty much *** me.

I thought I could do it myself because a buddy of mine hooked me up with lvl 10 crafted gear.

But ya, whats the process you do to get this done with? Is there a LFG system everyone does? I went to the instance and nobody was around.
Do people even do this anymore? Is this one of those things that nobody does anymore because they are high level hence they only do high level dungeons?

I need to complete this quest to join the Undaunted, but I have no idea how to get a group and what to even do.

Help is appreciated.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spindel is a group dungeon, u need a four men setup, best 2 dds (damage dealers) 1 tank and 1 healer

You can use zone chat to ask for people to join you in there
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya I tried but nothing.

Am I suppose to sit outside of it and ask people all day?

Is there some website everyone goes to or a lfg system?

I know for GW2 everyone used a website GW2lfg.com or something.
    Than GW2 eventually made a LFG system
    Also in GW2 there's usually like 10-30 people standing outside the dungeon but in this dungeon there was literally no one.

Basically what I'm asking is, is there some addon or some website or some lfg system everyone is using to find groups to do dungeons?

My difficultly is finding people to group with period. I have no idea what to ask for too because I've never done a dungeon, group dungeon in this game.

Like is this game like GW2 where everyone is self sufficient or do you need bunkers and healers? From what I got from GW2 publicity is that anyone can play anything, but does that mean everyone is self sufficient or does game rely on bunkers and healers and dps too?

I don't know what game is reliant on, so I have no idea what I need to get together and beat this dungeon.

That's why I'd like to join a group rather than be the one yapping in zone chat trying to get people to join me on this dungeon run because I aint got a clue what to do.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on March 19, 2015 9:16PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a group dungeon, instanced to your group (you walked in alone, to instanced to just you). It's balanced for a group of 4, so look for three other players - there's a LFG tool (press P, second tab), but it doesn't work very well, so ask in zone chat. You can usually easily find people looking to do the first tier dungeons. Do mention your role, it's usually easiest to tackle dungeons with a setup of a tank, a healer and two damage dealers. Just shout out "LFG Spindle, I'm X" where X is your role. There are two other dungeons at your level: Fungal Grotto and Banished Cells, if you see people asking about those, you can join too.

Also, I don't know if it changed, but you don't need to finish Spindleclutch to complete the Undaunted quest. You just need to discover the dungeon.
    Edited by Rosveen on March 19, 2015 9:17PM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes u cant be inside the dungeon and ask for people to join, the chat inside a dungeon is only for that zone. need to be outside

no addons, and many dont use the ingame lfg tool, which is under key P, if I recall right

this is the normal way to do it:

write in Zone

LF3M lvl 12+ spindel as exampel

L = looking
    F = for
    3 = 3 people
    M = More
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    yes u cant be inside the dungeon and ask for people to join, the chat inside a dungeon is only for that zone. need to be outside

no addons, and many dont use the ingame lfg tool, which is under key P, if I recall right

this is the normal way to do it:

write in Zone

LF3M lvl 12+ spindel as exampel

L = looking
    F = for
    3 = 3 people
    M = More

Is it wise for me to start a group tho? I have no knowledge of what to expect and when the adds and such are going to come out and what not.

Also, I'm lvl 10, I have really good gear someone made me, I can kill lvl 12 mobs, so will I have issues getting into a group?

I see that zone chat is the only way to get a group, I'm not a big fan of sitting in zone and spamming same thing over and over. Is there at least a prime time everyone does spindleclutch?

I know like in GW2, massive amounts of people would be doing tequatl after reset and after they killed the world boss they'd all be doing dungeons. Is there such thing in this game? Like 7PM everyone is at the dungeons and very easy to get into a spindleclutch group? When is the game reset time btw? Like you know for fencing good and laundering, when does that reset, when is server reset?

Can you do this all day for maximum rewards, or is it 1st time full reward and then rewards keep scaling down afterwards? That's how it was in GW2. Is it same or is it farmable for full rewards? 1st time as in 1st time doing it after server reset.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on March 19, 2015 9:24PM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no prime time at that level, and the dungeons aint that hard to do in early stages of the game, not really evil special tactics :)

most do the first dungeon though first around lvl 15, which is where you will be around if u do the maps quests up to the entrance of the dungeon

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    no prime time at that level
    I'd say the prime time is the same as the game's prime time. If a lot of people are playing at the moment, chances are you won't have too much trouble with finding a group.

Don't worry about starting a group. A lot of new players joined the game recently, you might all be inexperienced and so you'll learn together. It will take a few deaths, sure, but that's how you get better. :) Just do what you do outside the dungeons: stay out of the red, block, interrupt when you get the chance, try to take out healers first. Ask the group if they'd done it before, if someone has, then they can give you a few pointers.
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    Can you do this all day for maximum rewards, or is it 1st time full reward and then rewards keep scaling down afterwards? That's how it was in GW2. Is it same or is it farmable for full rewards? 1st time as in 1st time doing it after server reset.
    You can do them again if you want, but the largest chunk of XP comes from each dungeon's quest, which can't be repeated. So you'd just be running again for loot. Not terribly important at low level, but you can get a few blues and also improve your general skills at doing dungeons.

Server reset has nothing to do with it. It will matter later on when you do Undaunted dailies, or any other sort of dailies like crafting writs, but it doesn't matter for the quest inside the dungeon, which is a one-time thing only.
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its best to do the first dungeons at at least level 12. That way you have a few more skill points to help with.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya I did it, basically I logged in and I was right at the entrance and someone gave me a group immediately. It was scaled to lvl 31, and I pretty much died like 9 times and completed it lol.

Playing PvP and seeing how hard everyone hits, playing scaled 31 and seeing how hard everyone hits. Like the whisperer would look at me shoot me and I have 1 hp left literally, or do the ae fart and I die overkilled style (7k dmg and I have 3.7k hp, but I learned to dodge it after it killed me first time, was in first person view and learned you don't first person view because not able to see the orange come out, it should literally make your entire screen orange if your in first person view if you ask me). Makes me really really wish that I went ranged instead of melee. makes me wish I was a sorcerer instead of a dragonknight.

I just want to get into this game already and play with everyone else, feels like its so long because I'm the type of person that listens to all the lore. It's been a week, and ya I just want to get into the game, so hard for me to come into a game that's been out for a year and everyone is max level and hardly anyone to play with. Then when I do groups it's like this, scaled 31 and I'm so useless.

Went into cyrodil and onto a 30 day server, was really useless there, V14 couldn't even hurt him and he knock me out in 5 hits, a swift combo and plop, I drop dead. Then someone directed me to the non veteran, and still feel useless. I fight someone lvl 32 and I do like 1/20 of damage to him and he does 8 hits on me and I drop dead. Then those missions are so hard too, I wish there was different types, like easy mission, medium and hard, not just hard. Yes its hard because its behind enemy lines and like all the way behind enemy lines lol. Like you will get ganked, and I have no horse too.

Especially when all my attacks are melee, they get like couple hits on me, I get up to them, I do like 2 hits and plop I drop dead. Should've went range lol. Also when I'm in a team fight, its like they all know I die in a few hits so they all go after me first. I try so hard to stay alive but ganked by 5 guys, yaaaa.

Its like, dungeons, I'm useless, Cyrodil, I'm useless, feel very useless. Feel like I have to invest a lot of months before I even become useful.

Newplayer struggles is real. Very demotivating.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on March 20, 2015 5:58PM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe try finding some guilds that loves playing like you do, RP guilds and such there are many guild out there. If you are able to find a guild or 5, that plays like you or have lots of friendly people in erm. That might help the gaming experience tremendous.
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    Ya I did it, basically I logged in and I was right at the entrance and someone gave me a group immediately. It was scaled to lvl 31, and I pretty much died like 9 times and completed it lol.

Playing PvP and seeing how hard everyone hits, playing scaled 31 and seeing how hard everyone hits. Like the whisperer would look at me shoot me and I have 1 hp left literally, or do the ae fart and I die overkilled style (7k dmg and I have 3.7k hp, but I learned to dodge it after it killed me first time, was in first person view and learned you don't first person view because not able to see the orange come out, it should literally make your entire screen orange if your in first person view if you ask me). Makes me really really wish that I went ranged instead of melee. makes me wish I was a sorcerer instead of a dragonknight.

I just want to get into this game already and play with everyone else, feels like its so long because I'm the type of person that listens to all the lore. It's been a week, and ya I just want to get into the game, so hard for me to come into a game that's been out for a year and everyone is max level and hardly anyone to play with. Then when I do groups it's like this, scaled 31 and I'm so useless.

Went into cyrodil and onto a 30 day server, was really useless there, V14 couldn't even hurt him and he knock me out in 5 hits, a swift combo and plop, I drop dead. Then someone directed me to the non veteran, and still feel useless. I fight someone lvl 32 and I do like 1/20 of damage to him and he does 8 hits on me and I drop dead. Then those missions are so hard too, I wish there was different types, like easy mission, medium and hard, not just hard. Yes its hard because its behind enemy lines and like all the way behind enemy lines lol. Like you will get ganked, and I have no horse too.

Especially when all my attacks are melee, they get like couple hits on me, I get up to them, I do like 2 hits and plop I drop dead. Should've went range lol. Also when I'm in a team fight, its like they all know I die in a few hits so they all go after me first. I try so hard to stay alive but ganked by 5 guys, yaaaa.

Its like, dungeons, I'm useless, Cyrodil, I'm useless, feel very useless. Feel like I have to invest a lot of months before I even become useful.

Newplayer struggles is real. Very demotivating.

However it is true that it is hard to compete at low lvls, I do believe a certain amount of skill is also required to do all these things, yes that takes time, in every mmo it takes time.

You are not the only one who still needs to invest months. Look for people of your same skill level and learn together.

I've been playing this for almost a year and I even haven't done everything yet and still struggle sometimes at high tier dungeons I haven't completed. These dungeons are real challenges and you really need to learn how to play them rather then be higher lvl since they scale to what you are.

You'll get into the game eventually
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nvm ignore this.
    Edited by Dekkameron on March 21, 2015 8:30AM
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -