Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Lethal arrow and bow skills...

Tonnopesce
Tonnopesce
✭✭✭✭✭
I belive someting is wrong or with me or with the skills...

I've done my new pvp build for the DK and having 21k health bring me to use a lot of shields, usually i use Harness magika + Igneous shield and i belive that Harness is bugging Igneous since i can absorb most of the damage but not the bow skills ( i die with the shields still up).

Now it can be even a desinc with the healt bar since 2 archers can spam 8-9 attaks in 2 seconds and i can die before my pc cach up with the server (and even if i spam endlessly the flappy wings the best thing i can do is fly away).

But i just want to be sure that is not a bad combo using harness + another shield.

Help plzzzzzz
Signature

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as harness does not effect bow attacks and the ui doesent differ in displaying shields between harness and igneous its quite common that igneous is depleted while harness is still displayed luring you into thinking everything is fine but its not.

if you on top have the nice shield stack displaying bug you are only guessing whats going on with you shields.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...

Tecnically the two shield stay separate but since i cant know wich is wich at this point is better to cast harness or igneous first?

I was thinking since i can flap away some projectiles i can use igneous as a health insurance and harness as a magika insurance by reflecting if i see an archer (or recast igneous) and let pass some spells to restore magika can this work?

And if i cast igneous and then harness when i refresh them they will stay in the same order?
    Signature

Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cast harness first as the games treats first comes first, it tries to apply the dmg to harness wich aint be harmed by physical attacks wich are then transferred to igneous. if you do it the other way round 2 dmg sources can deplete igneous instead of only one.

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I'm dying far far more than I ever have since the launch of this game and 80% of those deaths are at the hands of snipe where I'm not even aware I'm being attacked despite having hardened ward up at 100%. I've got a ton of video showing me standing there with full health, full shields then *instagibbed* with no time to respond and no warning that I'm being attacked.

I'm not some scrub who's having their first fight against a bow user either. In 1.5 I could easily take on 3 of them at a time and often come out on top. I know how to block, dodge roll, pop potions etc but I'm literally given no cues or warning.

There is definitely something broken here that wasn't present in 1.5. I don't know if it is a health desync or what. I had someone hit me with lethal arrow yesterday, a heavy attack and then soul assault and kill me from point blank range and I didn't see any of the attacks until the soul assault started from stealth right behind me.
    Edited by Ezareth on March 19, 2015 2:44PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea basicly what others have said, Harness Magicka only works against Magicka-skills like Crystal Fragment and Crushing Shock. Not stamina skills like Lethal Arrow or such..

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...

Tecnically the two shield stay separate but since i cant know wich is wich at this point is better to cast harness or igneous first?

I was thinking since i can flap away some projectiles i can use igneous as a health insurance and harness as a magika insurance by reflecting if i see an archer (or recast igneous) and let pass some spells to restore magika can this work?

And if i cast igneous and then harness when i refresh them they will stay in the same order?

I was actually curious if there might be an addon that can display the shields' health separately so things like this would be less confusing.

Depending on the default UI and buff/debuff animations that are wonky on their best day is a frustrating experience that detracts from the enjoyment of the game.
    Options
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Yes I'm dying far far more than I ever have since the launch of this game and 80% of those deaths are at the hands of snipe where I'm not even aware I'm being attacked despite having hardened ward up at 100%. I've got a ton of video showing me standing there with full health, full shields then *instagibbed* with no time to respond and no warning that I'm being attacked.

I'm not some scrub who's having their first fight against a bow user either. In 1.5 I could easily take on 3 of them at a time and often come out on top. I know how to block, dodge roll, pop potions etc but I'm literally given no cues or warning.

There is definitely something broken here that wasn't present in 1.5. I don't know if it is a health desync or what. I had someone hit me with lethal arrow yesterday, a heavy attack and then soul assault and kill me from point blank range and I didn't see any of the attacks until the soul assault started from stealth right behind me.

Also having a hard time with all the pew pew bizniz going on in Cyro. The core problem (aside from inability to sometimes see or hear the attacks) is that the melee/ranged risk/reward paradigm is seriously screwed up. In every other game ever made you trade the risk of melee for more damage with the safety of range for less damage. Dunno why is ESO you can hit for 10k snipes at 38 meters while hitting for 3k lava whips at 7 meters. Hell, why does crushing shock hit for 3x1k at 38 meters? Throw in a dash of a second (third... fourth... ) player sniping and dropping meteors and we now have a pew pew game. I sat on the rock along the Bleakers corridor and watched 20+ EP and 20+ DC just shoot laser beams at each other. Stupid as hell.
    Options
  • Shrapnelz
    Shrapnelz
    Snipe is 43 meter range, and 46 if you have specific PvP gear, add some more if you are near a keep with alliance war passive.
    Options
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So today i've come up with the solution (only for the lethal arrow).

Since spamming the dk wings is worthless most of the times when i hear the hiss of the lethal arrow i just recast igneous shield and the good effect is : No critical hit and no dots.

But this is not working for the poison injection or light attak wawe, but the range of a Poison injection is the range of the dk chains so no problem.
    Ishammael wrote: »

Also having a hard time with all the pew pew bizniz going on in Cyro. The core problem (aside from inability to sometimes see or hear the attacks) is that the melee/ranged risk/reward paradigm is seriously screwed up. In every other game ever made you trade the risk of melee for more damage with the safety of range for less damage. Dunno why is ESO you can hit for 10k snipes at 38 meters while hitting for 3k lava whips at 7 meters. Hell, why does crushing shock hit for 3x1k at 38 meters? Throw in a dash of a second (third... fourth... ) player sniping and dropping meteors and we now have a pew pew game. I sat on the rock along the Bleakers corridor and watched 20+ EP and 20+ DC just shoot laser beams at each other. Stupid as hell.

Yes Pvp is akward this days jesus beam evrywhere but i've noticed that if you can cast multiple times harness while a templar is shooting at you the increased value of the beam does not apply and you are hit with the minimum damage possible.
    Varicite wrote: »
    So...

I was actually curious if there might be an addon that can display the shields' health separately so things like this would be less confusing.

Depending on the default UI and buff/debuff animations that are wonky on their best day is a frustrating experience that detracts from the enjoyment of the game.

I use FTC for the debuff- buff but the only clue i have is the remaning time of the shield so i can re-cast it when 5 second are missing
    Edited by Tonnopesce on March 19, 2015 4:57PM
    Signature

Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    harnass magicka only protects against spells.

that is your issue.
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually haven't had any issues with snipe for awhile. Granted, the build i settled on favors mitigating as much damage as possible in LA over spell damage and the like. Considering i see the Archer class as the biggest threat to my life, i tailored my build around countering them.

Its totally possible to survive archer attacks, even from stealth in LA with the correct gear and build, sure you sacrifice a little bit of max magic and spell damage, but you gain far greater survivability and much less dying in return, and you will still be able to kill folks. Its a trade like anything else.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Despite the tooltip description, when stacked with a second shield, harness magicka used to give you magicka back from almost everything, bow attacks, melee weapon attacks, even caltrops. This was changed a couple patches back, so it only absorbs damage from spells now.
    Options
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    I actually haven't had any issues with snipe for awhile. Granted, the build i settled on favors mitigating as much damage as possible in LA over spell damage and the like. Considering i see the Archer class as the biggest threat to my life, i tailored my build around countering them.

Its totally possible to survive archer attacks, even from stealth in LA with the correct gear and build, sure you sacrifice a little bit of max magic and spell damage, but you gain far greater survivability and much less dying in return, and you will still be able to kill folks. Its a trade like anything else.

Right now i go around with 3 worm cult, 3 magnus, 2 or 3 torugh (it depends if s&b or destro) 3 jewels from the healer set with the magika reduce cost enchant, the type is 5 light 2 heavy.

I have 30k magika 21k health and 8k stamina actually i'm tryng to do a spell spammer build that relee on the destro heavy attaks as a main source of damage and it works! Icrit over 10k but i'm a dk scared by dk's. and archers
    Since is a totally different build ( i'm not used to be made of paper) from the 1.5 and since is FUN i want to learn how to use it
    Edited by Tonnopesce on March 19, 2015 6:47PM
    Signature

Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So...

I was going to develop exactly this addon but it sadly isn't possible in the API. I talk to Eric Wroebel and Jessica Folsom about it to forward on to the API development guys.

Until then I've simply stopped using Harness Magicka/Dampen Magicka as it was getting me killed more than it was saving me due to the display limitations.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    So...

I was going to develop exactly this addon but it sadly isn't possible in the API. I talk to Eric Wroebel and Jessica Folsom about it to forward on to the API development guys.

Until then I've simply stopped using Harness Magicka/Dampen Magicka as it was getting me killed more than it was saving me due to the display limitations.

What did you replace it with? Healing ward?
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    So...

I was actually curious if there might be an addon that can display the shields' health separately so things like this would be .Harnessless confusing.

What did you replace it with? Healing ward?
    I never stopped using healing ward. I just dont use harness magicka or dampen anymore
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar shields and shields as Bone Armor got severely nurfed in this patch together with the "general HP-nurf", while one specific sorcerer shield now is on top of all shields in terms of total absorb-value. (not speaking about resto healing shield!)

This is how the situation looks at the moment. HP % based-shields only help HP-specs over 3k HP (there aren't so many). Just the sorcerer shield is a little bit over the top.

Shields should not absorb too much damage. A shield with nearly 9k and more damage absorption seems too much for me, or ALL clases should be given such an absorb shield.
    Many shield are HP-based, this seems not to have been considered when nurfing HP in 1.6
    Edited by Francescolg on March 20, 2015 12:35PM
    Options
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorry
    Edited by Francescolg on March 20, 2015 12:32PM
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait... Igneous Shield also repels Lethal Arrow?? I thought it only blocks/absorb melee damages?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar shields and shields as Bone Armor got severely nurfed in this patch together with the "general HP-nurf", while one specific sorcerer shield now is on top of all shields in terms of total absorb-value. (not speaking about resto healing shield!)

This is how the situation looks at the moment. HP % based-shields only help HP-specs over 3k HP (there aren't so many). Just the sorcerer shield is a little bit over the top.

Shields should not absorb too much damage. A shield with nearly 9k and more damage absorption seems too much for me, or ALL clases should be given such an absorb shield.
    Many shield are HP-based, this seems not to have been considered when nurfing HP in 1.6

all classes are given a shield with 9k+ points value. actually 2 one consumes stamia the otherone magica.
    Edited by Tankqull on March 20, 2015 3:39PM

Options
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    all classes are given a shield with 9k+ points value. actually 2 one consumes stamia the otherone magica.

9k + against all types of inc damage to absorb? (not just magic dmg/projectiles/etc.)?
    Even I am not talking about dodge-chance :)

Edited by Francescolg on March 20, 2015 4:09PM
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tested Bone Shield post 2.0.1?

Because from other threads, it doesn't work at all like you're describing.

Currently, people are reporting that Bone Shield mitigates ~3% of a hit, and you take the rest of the damage. It most definitely isn't absorbing full damage from anything.

Also, saying that every class gets a shield because they exist in skill lines outside of that class is just being deliberately obtuse. You know exactly what was meant.

You may be fine w/ 3 classes having a class shield to stack on top of every other shield in the game, while the other just gets to watch (and has had it's main defensive move broken since before launch), but I'm not.

PS) The only shield outside of a class skill line that will get even close to 9k is probably Healing Ward. There is no stamina shield that will reach those numbers unless you're rocking 30k hp.

And like I said earlier, even that doesn't do that anymore.
    Edited by Varicite on March 20, 2015 5:58PM
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not in 2.0.1 only in 1.6 wehere everything about bone shield was fine if that has been bugged then mea culpa i´m not constantly checking all skills even if im not using them for bugs ;)

Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not in 2.0.1 only in 1.6 wehere everything about bone shield was fine if that has been bugged then mea culpa i´m not constantly checking all skills even if im not using them for bugs ;)

Oh, I wasn't implying that you did or should, just curious if you'd had different experiences than all of the ones I'd heard of. I haven't unlocked it quite yet, as I don't PvE in dungeons a whole lot.

W/ a name like Tankqull, I figured it might be plausible that you have recent experience w/ the ability. <.<

My bad.
    Options