Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Lets face it. Mass pvp doesnt exist anymore.

Vanzen
Vanzen
✭✭✭✭✭
Due to the massive lag whenever there are more than 50 people at the same place and the total unplayability that follows, you cant pretend anymore that mass pvp is the prominent feature you advertised for. The sooner you admit your faillure and propose a viable new form of pvp, the better. I let you imagine the reaction of the new people trying pvp with Tamriel unlimited and discovering this joke you keep on imposing on us. If you stay in denial much longer your in for a huge catastophe.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its viable. just laggy...
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was enjoying mass bridge farm PvP all night last night, and mass BRK farm this morning.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭
    I keep seeing this complaint yet I rarely have a lag problem in AvA. I get some in big battles, but I wouldn't call it unplayable.

Some guy on a stream the other day got mad at me cause I wasn't having the same problems he was having lol.

Options
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Due to the massive lag whenever there are more than 50 people at the same place and the total unplayability that follows, you cant pretend anymore that mass pvp is the prominent feature you advertised for. The sooner you admit your faillure and propose a viable new form of pvp, the better. I let you imagine the reaction of the new people trying pvp with Tamriel unlimited and discovering this joke you keep on imposing on us. If you stay in denial much longer your in for a huge catastophe.

Even with the problem this is still currently the best 3way siege warfare game right now. If you can handle old graphic you can go back to DAOC....

But most of us are just hanging in there with ESO until Camelot Unchained launches. That game is in Alpha but has its own game engine made for large battles, it has already had 1000 people in a small battle ground spamming abilities at the same time and it never crashed.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even with the problem this is still currently the best 3way siege warfare game right now. If you can handle old graphic you can go back to DAOC....

But most of us are just hanging in there with ESO until Camelot Unchained launches. That game is in Alpha but has its own game engine made for large battles, it has already had 1000 people in a small battle ground spamming abilities at the same time and it never crashed.

Yeah, its still a ways off though and you are right in ESO is the best option. At least in my opinion.
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually was on Thorn last night in battles with 100ish and lag wasn't that bad. Game ran pretty well actually. Isn't that interesting considering when certain groups are around no matter their numbers the lag goes off the charts?
    Options
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really need to have ZOS punish the behavior of these people by making changes to the game rules. Even if those particular players are banned (which would be perfectly in line with the TOS), the existence of the exploit will make someone else take to the bad habit of using it.

Perhaps there could be a reasonable limit on how much magicka you can channel per second within a certain area?
    Error message "Magicka field saturated" or perhaps even "Using one more Meteor at this spot at this time would fracture reality and turn you and everyone else casting it into ash. Are you sure you want to cast it?"

Nah. Probably not a great idea. But it would be fun to see them burn, literally, for their exploits.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We really need to have ZOS punish the behavior of these people by making changes to the game rules. Even if those particular players are banned (which would be perfectly in line with the TOS), the existence of the exploit will make someone else take to the bad habit of using it.

Perhaps there could be a reasonable limit on how much magicka you can channel per second within a certain area?
    Error message "Magicka field saturated" or perhaps even "Using one more Meteor at this spot at this time would fracture reality and turn you and everyone else casting it into ash. Are you sure you want to cast it?"

Nah. Probably not a great idea. But it would be fun to see them burn, literally, for their exploits.
    What part of the ToS would get people banned for grouping up and spamming skills in a game designed around grouping up and spamming skills and how would grouping up and spamming skills in a game designed around grouping up and spamming skills be an exploit?
    Edited by Lava_Croft on March 19, 2015 6:47PM
    Options
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS built their own engine as well.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Folkb wrote: »
    Not entirely, as evidenced by the Havok logo when starting the game. How much of Havok's different solutions they have used is anyone's guess.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    Actually was on Thorn last night in battles with 100ish and lag wasn't that bad. Game ran pretty well actually. Isn't that interesting considering when certain groups are around no matter their numbers the lag goes off the charts?

Blackwater Blade was 3 bars across all 3 alliances last night when I logged in. Very large open field (50+ DC & AD each) battle just east of Alessia Bridge. To be honest, I did not encounter much lag during that time but that was only one participant out of the 100+ that were there.

Options
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, am happy for you all that dont experience as much lag as we do on Thorn (EU)
    Options
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I have started playing in Blackwater now too, as TB (EU) is unplayable. Of course BB isnt poplocked and you can enjoy some nice 15v20 fights there, also fun how no one repairs walls - more action less siege, almost feels like a battleground.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
    Options
  • Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Folkb wrote: »
    Not entirely, as evidenced by the Havok logo when starting the game. How much of Havok's different solutions they have used is anyone's guess.

Havok was only the collision detection engine when i remember right, so this doesn't really apply to pvp

I just went awya from Thornblade a few days ago
    Edited by Rair.Kitani on March 20, 2015 8:24AM
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was in Thornblade last night. Got loads of people in BRK and Chal. Yes, there are network lags so you get the occasional weapon-swap freeze or delayed-skill-execution stuff.... but I'm still rocking 40+ FPS at worst with my GTX970 on 1080 screen.

This is MUCH better than few months back where I'm doing 20FPS if I'm lucky when a dozen idiots spams the healing well right across the skeleton impulse zergs...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to start ditching Thornblade. Hopefully with the increase in population, this will start to spread people out over other campaigns. I switched the Chillrend last weekend and the difference in lag in completely noticeable. Big fights had almost no lag for me.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on March 20, 2015 2:19PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the lag is caused by exploiters, last night we (DC) were trying to take an EP keep, I forget which.. but the entire 30 mins or so we couldn't really do anything.. then all of a sudden 20-30 EP rush out the door and the lag cleared up instantly, as if there were holding a lag button until they were ready to push.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
    Options
  • Sky Chancellor
    Sky Chancellor
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. I am just holding onto my money until Camelot Unchained is released. I cannot take this game seriously as a pvp game. The designers don't even know what they're doing. I mean you build a game that has the focus of what for the players? Grinding is the main focus of the game with the old VR levels, and then the CP system, and so on.... the focus is to grind, grind, grind and thank you ZOS for making it free to play.

Saving my money for Camelot Unchained.
    Options
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just pledged for CU. Oh my god!

At least someone seems to get it, no PvE lootdrops ftw!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    Options
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    was in Thornblade last night. Got loads of people in BRK and Chal. Yes, there are network lags so you get the occasional weapon-swap freeze or delayed-skill-execution stuff.... but I'm still rocking 40+ FPS at worst with my GTX970 on 1080 screen.

This is MUCH better than few months back where I'm doing 20FPS if I'm lucky when a dozen idiots spams the healing well right across the skeleton impulse zergs...

You obviously don't know what they are speaking of in this thread. The lag is NOT FPS, it is latency as the server is getting bogged.
    Options
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kuro1n wrote: »

You obviously don't know what they are speaking of in this thread. The lag is NOT FPS, it is latency as the server is getting bogged.

Yes, Im always lolling when people go (in response to lag complaints either in zone or here) but I have 50+ FPS, no problem here - dude!

:)

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides lag in PvP since the TU debut i noticed also PvE lag spikes - absolutly random, can last for 2 sec can last for 10 min. can just end or cause infinite loading screen, very strange.
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the lag is caused by exploiters, last night we (DC) were trying to take an EP keep, I forget which.. but the entire 30 mins or so we couldn't really do anything.. then all of a sudden 20-30 EP rush out the door and the lag cleared up instantly, as if there were holding a lag button until they were ready to push.

Many have noticed a strong correlation with latency and a specific group's presence on Thornblade. That in no way means they're exploiting, and it could be simple coincidence or confirmation bias at work. But there may well be something in their playstyle that the servers or the netcode cannot handle.

I dearly hope ZOS is actively looking at exactly this. I'd love to try a one-night-only experiment where Meteor and Healing Springs were disabled.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish this game was good for pvp too bad We should just let it go really. After all this time this is very similar to launch pvp. since i havent played since then I am not noticing Anything different, just way less players.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Due to the massive lag whenever there are more than 50 20 people at the same place and the total unplayability that follows, you cant pretend anymore that mass pvp is the prominent feature you advertised for. The sooner you admit your faillure and propose a viable new form of pvp, the better. I let you imagine the reaction of the new people trying pvp with Tamriel unlimited and discovering this joke you keep on imposing on us. If you stay in denial much longer your in for a huge catastophe.

fixed:)

could be worse though. at least its playable:/
    Edited by Cody on March 22, 2015 6:05AM
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if mass PvP doesn't exist, I don't know who the hundred plus blues were at brindle mine that we farmed for 30 minutes a couple nights ago... they kept spawning at the keep and coming to try and kill us because an idiot just posted up on the side of the keep to run a scroll but he stood there for half an hour. 30 minutes, 60k ap

rip decibel
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And is that client based or server based calcs ?
    Because if its 1000 player client based, that game can kiss its arse good bye too.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in some excellent, lag-free mass PvP in Thornblade this morning (around Sejanus and then BRK). It was interesting to note who was and was not there.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • wOOOOt_of_SD
    wOOOOt_of_SD
    ✭✭✭
    Lag is killing pvp, and thereby the game! And it got a lot worse after 1.6.
    Good Job ZOS =(
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuro1n wrote: »

that's what im trying to say too. the lag is network. it's not your computer. in case anyone going to post against that.

now, that being said, seems like ZOS *did* something to improve too, since my FPS lag is much better as well.

a step in the right direction, yknow?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options