The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "So You Want to Own a Netch"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "So You Want to Own a Netch."

The adorable bull netch is the latest plush available from GamingHeads and the Bethesda Store! Do you plan on adding the cuddly creature to your collection?
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Siguno
    Siguno
    ✭✭
    I WANT it nowww :)!!!.
    Edited by Siguno on March 18, 2015 9:19PM
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it include a pet?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Netches in-game are way too small (like mud crabs, cliff racers and nix hounds). I used to play Morrowind ... well on occasion I still do. And my tiny little Breton could probably ride a slightly-bigger-than-average nix hound.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, @gurluasb16_ESO. The bull netch plush does not include a vanity pet.

We're glad you're digging it, @Siguno! If you end up grabbing one, be sure to show us some pictures so we can show them on a future ESO Live. :)
    Jason Leavey
    Staff Post
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear netchhead,

As king of the netches, help me and other Australians adopt one of your kin. There is a drastic shortage of netches down under, due to the unaffordable transportation cost.

I can afford $20 usd (even though it's $25 australian) in order to happily rehome one of these magnificent creatures.

Sadly the transportation cost is very prohibitive.

It would cost me an additional $23 U.S. dollars for my netch to reach Australia!

While I understand that my netch would have to be fed, watered and cuddled on its journey, this cost is more than I can afford. May I suggest hiring argonians to transport my netch as they surely would be more affordable then the merchants currently hired. Additional travel time would be fine if I could only transport my netch at a reduced cost.

Thanks you for you consideration my liege,
    Yours patiently, Ashlee
    fl0ez.jpg

Edited by ashlee17 on March 19, 2015 8:56AM
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    Spain has even a worst transportation fee, the daedras of shipping ask us 28 dollar for the transportation!
    So, a single netchi costs us near 50 dollar. I'd really like having the netchi or the guar plush so much, but the high cost of transportations is prohibitive to me. Shipping to the United Kingdom in the Gaming Heads store costs around 8 dollar. Why that significative difference? Spain is not that far from the UK, why do we have to pay more than living in Australia?

Please allow a french store distributing your products. I already had this issue when I bought the retail imperial edition of ESO. A UK store asked me 45 euro for the shipping (after cancelling my order 3 times, and the last time 5 days before the start of open beta). I finally had to buy the game in Amazon France, which gave me an excellent service and asked me only 11 euro for the shipping.

Another fact I don't get is duplicating the item also duplicates the shipping cost. How can two plushes have a 56 dollar transportation fee?
    Edited by Zimnel on March 19, 2015 6:11AM
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to report a bug on the Store.

The netch is missing in the headwear category:
    kVQBD7v.png
    Edited by wookiefriseur on March 19, 2015 6:34AM
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, @gurluasb16_ESO. The bull netch plush does not include a vanity pet.

I've only bought plushies for the in game pet. No vanity pet= no netch plushie to join its mates on my bed.

That said- I'm happy no in game netches eating or dangling over my face whilst at banker. Now for a in game flamethrower for iced slaughter fish.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patros wrote: »

kVQBD7v.png

NetchA_zps3618c731.jpg

WPK2dk2.jpg

For those of you who missed it, http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/143519/dont-want-to-be-memed/p1
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    O.o
    I see that buying a netch on another website (GH) gets you the guar in game code.

Is that also available up there ^ ^ ^ in store @ZOS_JasonLeavey ?
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like an oversight, @Patros. :D

Hey @SLy_Kyti. Where are you seeing that? That shouldn't be the case, whether purchasing from the Bethesda Store or Gaming Heads.
    Jason Leavey
    Staff Post
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    Will consider a french store too, pretty please with cookies?
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    Want to read this article, but every time I'm clicking the link, it's redirecting me to the Age Gate page. I'm entering my date of birth (I'm 24 years old, it's OK to read about plush netches, I think!) and getting to the main site page (http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/home). Click the article link again and... Age Gate. This is endless cycle! :'(

Tried two other browsers, the same story.

UPD: the problem was solved by itself :)
    Edited by Runhent on March 19, 2015 7:36PM
    Gilryne Telvanni, at your service.
    EU | Ebonheart Pact | ElderScrolls.Net & RuESO
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a shame about it not including the Vanity Pet... the vanity pet was like 80% of the reason I bought the other two plush animals. Getting a plush version was just an added bonus.

I'd really like to have this Netch, but without the additional incentive of an in-game Netch pet I don't think I'll be getting one.

Please include vanity pets with future plush animals. If you decide to do something were a proof of purchase of this plush will yield an in-game Netch pet I will 100% get one! As it stands, it's a no-go.

Thanks!
    Edited by Gidorick on March 21, 2015 7:29PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Siliconhobbit_ESO
    Siliconhobbit_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'll buy the plush Netch if it comes with an in-game vanity pet. No pet, no Netch. Bethesda and ZOS...email me when this happens. Thanx!
    Sinister Swarm
    15 Years of Gaming Excellence
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_JasonLeavey, whom should we contact to let them know that we prefer to have in-game vanity pets included with our plush animals and that without them, we aren't interested in the plush animal?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Gidorick,

We can certainly pass along your feedback!
    Jason Leavey
    Staff Post
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Gidorick,

We can certainly pass along your feedback!

Oh! That was easy! Thanks. :sweat_smile:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Yeah, you should try that move in one of your suggestion threads.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Yeah, you should try that move in one of your suggestion threads.

Lol. That would be great eh?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Rshidva
    Rshidva
    ✭✭✭
    It's sooooo beauuuutiful!!!!
    There is Love
  • ArielleJureaux
    ArielleJureaux
    ✭✭✭
    If it came with an in-game vanity pet, I would buy it.
  • Ironside
    Ironside
    ✭✭✭
    If it came with an in-game vanity pet, I would buy it.

This seems to be the consensus of opinion. I am in the same boat...
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the current SHIP date is April 17th... while there may not be time to have the little tag have a code added to it (as other plushes have had) there is time to set up a code to mail out to people.

I would love to have a Netch as a pet. I think I might play an Dunmer then. :wink:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭

kVQBD7v.png

i know right?

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it interesting how they're still having a hard time keeping the Plush Guar in stock but there are plenty of the the brand new Netch Plush.
    dQzi2dd.png?1

I know there's no way this information would make it to us, but I would like to know how the Netch is selling compared to the other two plush animals.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLUSH SCUTTLER! <3<3<3<3<3