Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

So... The flaming hooves hoers....

yake82
yake82
✭✭✭
I'll just leave this right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y94edvoovE

Yeah, yeah... Its immersion breaking and lore unfriendly. And i'd like to see it gone.
  • Grapdjan
    Grapdjan
    ✭✭✭✭
    A great way to do that would be to start another thread.
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, might be a bit of a lore breaker but think of it as a horse that lore knew nothing about. Now if it was a modern or a future vehicle of some sort I would pich a fit for sure but its just a cool looking horse that says "I'm gunna kick your ars and take you to oblivion". I like it specially with my skelly costume on!!! B)
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Naor_Sarethi
    Naor_Sarethi
    ✭✭✭
    "think of it as" is a phrase used a bit too often, justifying the devs actions. :|
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes sir! You are our one & only most valuable customer. Your wish is our command!

Oh wait, sorry. Don't work for Zenimax :*
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Taz
    Taz
    ✭✭✭
    Meet Arvak:
    Arvak.png

He'll be taking no lore-breaking smacktalk about his little red cousin.

Also, Shadowmere says hi.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in a world filled with demons and undead and magic, a flaming horse is lore breaking? I don't think that is the case at all. One could EASILY RP his way into why he has a flaming horse.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭
    yake82 wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah... Its immersion breaking and lore unfriendly. And i'd like to see it gone.

Lore unfriendly? Really?

Arvak
    SR-creature-Arvak.jpg

Shadowmere
    SR-creature-Shadowmere.jpg
    Edited by Carnagan on March 17, 2015 10:19PM
    "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
    Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    So in a world filled with demons and undead and magic, a flaming horse is lore breaking? I don't think that is the case at all. One could EASILY RP his way into why he has a flaming horse.

One isn't lore breaking, some mighy consider hordes striding through Wayrest to be though, at the very least it is pretty cheesy and reminds me of WoW (in a negative way).
    Edited by BBSooner on March 17, 2015 10:18PM
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carnagan wrote: »

Lore unfriendly? Really?

Arvak
    SR-creature-Arvak.jpg

Shadowmere

Citing 2 unique mounts acquired through very specific means isn't an argument against seeing hordes of these horses all over Tamriel.
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »

One isn't lore breaking, some mighy consider hordes striding through Wayrest to be though, at the very least it is pretty cheesy and reminds me of WoW (in a negative way).

We're in the middle of a massive incursion from Oblivion and summoners are able to call forth daedra by the dozens. Summoning a daedric horse is no different from any other summoning.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're in the middle of a massive incursion from Oblivion and summoners are able to call forth daedra by the dozens. Summoning a daedric horse is no different from any other summoning.

Except its not a daedra, neither were shadowmere nor arvak.
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭

Lore unfriendly? Really?

Arvak
    SR-creature-Arvak.jpg

Shadowmere

Citing 2 unique mounts acquired through very specific means isn't an argument against seeing hordes of these horses all over Tamriel.

It shows that supernatural mounts aren't lore breaking though.

And these horses are a type of daedra, apparently, so it isn't strange that herds could be summoned when the barrier is as weak as it is.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except those are in the future as far as ESO is concerned.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One does not simply get rid of the Flaming Horses ...
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    Except those are in the future as far as ESO is concerned.

Not sure why thats relevant, unless you're pointIng out that it doesn't make sense to see a huge population using a mode a travel when its completely non-existent in the future. In which case I agree.
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭

You are right, in that we don't know what Arvak and Shadowmere were. However, if you imagine a Nightmare Courser without flesh, it looks kinda like Arvak, doesn't it.

As for it not being a daedra...
    28a8hf5.jpg
    Edited by Carnagan on March 17, 2015 10:36PM
This discussion has been closed.