Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Is PvP Active?

EricGraham1987_ESO
Looking to pvp in this game is it a viable end game option?
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends. How's your tolerance for rage and frustration?
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm, Yes; it is active. XP can be a good bit thinner than grinding but hopefully that gets addressed but I won't hold my breath.
    Options
  • EricGraham1987_ESO
    Well I mainly pvp in all the MMO's I play. Right now I am playing Archeage.
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is the most active it's been since last summer. Chillrend gets pop-locked on weekday nights, and the other servers (outside of Thornblade) commonly have 2 bars as well.

I have been playing Thornblade for months, and switched to Chillrend a couple days ago. Lag is way, way worse on Thorn, so I'm gonna be staying in Chill for the foreseeable future.

Viable for post-50 Vet or Champion leveling? Only if you don't mind getting steamrolled and it taking you at least five times as long as questing or grinding.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on March 17, 2015 5:44PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »
    giphy.gif

LOL........how many people are going to feel that way when they read the OP's original post..
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Options
  • EricGraham1987_ESO
    I still don't know what that means.
    Options
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Read the thread by Paul Sage on performance in Cyrodil at the top of the main page.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I guess it depends .... Do you enjoy lag , mental abuse and complete frustration ? If so The PVP here is just for you ...!
    Edited by Roechacca on March 17, 2015 5:44PM
    Options
  • EricGraham1987_ESO
    I didn't lag back when the game first launched. It got worse? Mental abuse? Frustration is part of pvp. And I cannot find that post Weberda
    Edited by EricGraham1987_ESO on March 17, 2015 5:44PM
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't lag back when the game first launched. It got worse? Mental abuse? Frustration is part of pvp. And I cannot find that post Weberda

Wll; I think most players point to a patch where they did some changes to lighting as when it started happening. Since then, they have even reduced the population caps of Cyrodiil and removed deer (yes deer) to try to help it among some other things and it only seems to have gotten worse.
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No it just crashed at launch . Now you get all the fun of crashing after the lag .
    Options
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry. It's listed in the category "Developer Discussion". It's at the top of the page.

Edited by Weberda on March 17, 2015 6:04PM
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Options
  • jaebdub
    jaebdub
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS might even call PvP "too active".
    Jagermeister - v14 NB
    Alacrity
    Options
  • jaebdub
    jaebdub
    ✭✭✭

But to be fair, PvP is an amazing part of this game when it's not lagging from fights advertised to be supported. On some days you get lucky and performance holds out while there are big fights.
    Jagermeister - v14 NB
    Alacrity
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

PvP is the singular reason I play this game. The combat system is the best RPG PvP Combat system I've played bar none. There are interesting unique choices that you make that determine your success along with a steep learning curve that will continue to reward players who accept that no matter how good they think they are there is always something new to learn.

On the flip side the game is buggy as all hell, the developers think of PvP as an afterthought instead of the main course as it was presented (although they may indeed be surprised by this view), and the lag in massive battles is infuriating and frustrating. To top all of this off the PvP game itself hasn't changed since launch.

All in all you either love it, hate it, or like most of us both love it and hate it at the same time. This game could be so much better than it is with a little time actually devoted to the PvP, and that to us is the most frustrating thing of all.

Welcome back and we'll see you in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Ezareth on March 17, 2015 6:47PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • EricGraham1987_ESO
    I am torn between this and Archeage.
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need to let ppl discourage you, eso PvP is loads better than arch age.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. 12 months in and it's all I and many others do. You wont find better.
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the only endgame, unless you want to run the same crappy trials over and over for loot that isn't any good, as @Ezareth said, you love it or you hate it. Or both. Personally I think it's great, just laggy, buggy, glitchy, defected, malfunctioning and imploding.

Still great though! :wink:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even with all of it's horrible bugs and awful performance, ESO PvP is simply amazing.

Just imagine it without bugs and with good performance! Hint, hint.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on March 18, 2015 12:42AM
    Options
  • jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Did you buy the game yet? If you have, then give it a go. Level a character up to around 15 or 20 and take your new bright-eyed and bushy-tailed little nooblet into the non-vet campaign.

That will give you a really good idea of what it's like.

Oh, and if you haven't bought ESO yet you should probably do so, because …. Archeage is ewww YUCK! I think you will be happier here if PvP is your main thing.
    Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB
    Options
  • EricGraham1987_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO wrote: »
    Did you buy the game yet? If you have, then give it a go. Level a character up to around 15 or 20 and take your new bright-eyed and bushy-tailed little nooblet into the non-vet campaign.

That will give you a really good idea of what it's like.

Oh, and if you haven't bought ESO yet you should probably do so, because …. Archeage is ewww YUCK! I think you will be happier here if PvP is your main thing.

Yeah I bought it upon release.
    Options
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to Re install SInce this game is not worth a Sub fee. I am vr1 nightblade and I am just as unhappy and frustrated with this game as i was when it launched. This game is not even worth the 80$ I payed for the collector box copy. This is a PVE game. IDK how any can call this Clunky, Laggy, Bug infested, Unbalanced, Zerg Fest a pvp game. I will be uninstalling once again. good riddance
    Options
  • EricGraham1987_ESO
    I found the pvp fun and not laggy at all. What performance issues was everyone talking about?
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, PvP is active.

The game has several CAMPAIGNS which are separate instances of Cyrodiil. Each campaign is it's own Cyrodiil.

Within Cyrodiil, there are 3 factions fighting over keeps, resources, the Emperor title, and Elder Scrolls. The control of the majority of these assets garners points for whichever faction holds the most. Faction with the most points at the end of the CAMPAIGN, wins that campaign.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the pvp fun and not laggy at all. What performance issues was everyone talking about?

Are you PvP'ing on Thornblade on the North American Megaserver during primetime or whenever the Ebonheart Pact tsunami decides it wants something and is intent on using every single possible particle effect the game has to offer, in order to get it - inevitably causing the server to have an embolitic stroke and proceed to fizzle pop and drool all over itself?
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on March 21, 2015 9:58PM

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to Re install SInce this game is not worth a Sub fee. I am vr1 nightblade and I am just as unhappy and frustrated with this game as i was when it launched. This game is not even worth the 80$ I payed for the collector box copy. This is a PVE game. IDK how any can call this Clunky, Laggy, Bug infested, Unbalanced, Zerg Fest a pvp game. I will be uninstalling once again. good riddance

Can I have your stuff?

Also, did you every think that maybe it's not the game's problem? It could possibly be your rig, your ISP, unrealistic expectations or any combination of things.

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭

No, sorry to bust the bubble, but the short answer is no.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
    Options
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    75/75 mbps Up and Down. 16GB ram, 8GB nvidia BF4 and Hardline have no problem . Not the rig its the game. I have no problem with pve on eso . eso is a pve game lets face it eso will not be an e-sport.
    Options