Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Make loot individual for the love of god

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP just needs to prepare better. Or play Skyrim.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gix wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »
    I thought it was already. Can't you just hit "I" while you are in the pickup screen to organize your loot, then again to go back to pick up screen? Or does that only work for chests?
    Yep. As far as I can tell, people cannot loot from objects you're already interacting with. This includes the v1.6 update.

The key is presumably that you have to stay interactive with the container, if you simply exit it while you sort things out then someone else is free to access it. It's a distinction I hadn't previously appreciated and probably won't always remember!
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think that's bad. Wait until you're farming Nirn in Craglorn ;) You will become the master of bag management and deft at the keystrokes allowing you to "dismount and collect node" quicker than the other ;)
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Clutch
    Clutch
    ✭✭✭
    Hate to rally in here but... snooze and you will lose. That's just the nature of MMOs. It sucks, many of us vouching for the system have had experiences once or twice in our lives while gaming.

A trick of course is to keep the inventory of the node open. If it's like how I remember, players cannot loot a node if you are interacting with it. Although I think opening your own inventory may auto close it so....... mind your surroundings!
    Options
  • Dunosaur
    Dunosaur
    Soul Shriven
    If you're not interacting with the bag/chest then it's up for grabs, so if you're going on loot runs always empty your inventory so you have stackable space, I personally wish we could stack treasure maps so many times open a chest on loot runs only get a a second map for same treasure and having to run to a shrine grab treasure shrine back & hope get the map before someone finds it and then go again.
    ~GAME ON!~
    Options
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a L2P issue surrounding available bag space.
    Options
  • alifesoft
    alifesoft
    ✭✭
    Just invest in your inventory and bank space. On 36 level I have 110 char inventory slots.
    Options
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I have an add on that prevents this from happening. Allow my inventory and map to be open when I am interacting with objects. "No thank you" iirc.
    Edited by c0rp on March 17, 2015 5:57PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
    Options
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I have an add on that prevents this from happening. Allows my inventory and map to be open when I am interacting with objects. "No thank you" iirc.

Ugh I doubled it up

Edited by c0rp on March 17, 2015 5:57PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
    Options
  • Gix
    Gix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »
    I thought it was already. Can't you just hit "I" while you are in the pickup screen to organize your loot, then again to go back to pick up screen? Or does that only work for chests?
    Yep. As far as I can tell, people cannot loot from objects you're already interacting with. This includes the v1.6 update.

The key is presumably that you have to stay interactive with the container, if you simply exit it while you sort things out then someone else is free to access it. It's a distinction I hadn't previously appreciated and probably won't always remember!
    Exactly. I personally don't have any issues remembering but I can understand why it's not really clear.

It'd be nice if there was at least a prompt " Inventory" next to "[R] Take All" while looting. To remind people that this is normal UI behavior. An added bonus would be to have that loot window moved to the side when the inventory screen actually opens (instead of disappearing outright) so that you can more easily compare what you're picking up with what you currently carry.
    Options
  • Edhelas_Naven
    Edhelas_Naven
    ✭✭
    I once saw a Lady Smock somewhere just outside of Daggerfall with my Level 10 Alt. A Level 40 player was approaching while I was running towards it hoping to gather it. He changed course and moved near it just as I reached the leaf but I humbled myself and turned away to continue on my travels. Only to look back, he did not take it and just stood there. So I took the Lady Smock, a much rare ingredient for my spell power potions, then said thank you in Say chat and he responded with welcome.

I am sure you will not meet many polite players on you adventures. Be glad that he did give you back the Denata as there are some who will not care and just walk away.

Regardless, If everything was instanced it is possible that it will flood the guild stores and crafting materials for example will eventually become worthless since it everyone have thier own harvest nodes in the game world.
    Options
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭
    No it's not. Sure my frustrations in this incident arised because I didn't have enough bag space, but I made this thread because of the bigger picture here, which most of you obviously refuse to consider.
    Options
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭
    I once saw a Lady Smock somewhere just outside of Daggerfall with my Level 10 Alt. A Level 40 player was approaching while I was running towards it hoping to gather it. He changed course and moved near it just as I reached the leaf but I humbled myself and turned away to continue on my travels. Only to look back, he did not take it and just stood there. So I took the Lady Smock, a much rare ingredient for my spell power potions, then said thank you in Say chat and he responded with welcome.

I am sure you will not meet many polite players on you adventures. Be glad that he did give you back the Denata as there are some who will not care and just walk away.

Regardless, If everything was instanced it is possible that it will flood the guild stores and crafting materials for example will eventually become worthless since it everyone have thier own harvest nodes in the game world.
    Other games can balance the increased amount of materials floating around, then so can Zenimax. It would require some changes that's for sure, but I still believe it would make the community tighter. No one would frown when seeing another player, but instead be either neutral or happy to see someone else around.
    Options
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's actually a bug to some degree. Before 1.6 you could switch between container and mentors without "releasing" the container to the masses. This was a feature added many moons ago but broke in 1.6. I. Your case clearing your inventory would have left the bag locked until you were done. Submit a bug. The more that do the sooner it'll get fixed.
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it's not. Sure my frustrations in this incident arised because I didn't have enough bag space, but I made this thread because of the bigger picture here, which most of you obviously refuse to consider.

What's the "bigger picture"? That resource nodes are public?
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • mattgbrowneub17_ESO

Kragorn wrote: »

Plays for one day, knows what's best for community?
    Have you kept your beta login name for a reason?
    Yes

Options
  • Cyhawk
    Cyhawk
    ✭✭✭
    Open <thing, be it chest/heavy sack, material node>, press I. Delete crap item you should of deleted earlier, take item.
    Options
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭

The bigger picture is that I believe having competition in PvE like this, makes a less welcome community. I've seen the difference and it's quite obvious. Having instanced loot alone will not make a better community, but I believe it would be a step forward. So the bigger picture here is a better community.
    Options
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other games can balance the increased amount of materials floating around, then so can Zenimax. It would require some changes that's for sure, but I still believe it would make the community tighter. No one would frown when seeing another player, but instead be either neutral or happy to see someone else around.

For those not getting the issue or point the OP is trying to make, I made bold and italicized the relevant statements. Instanced loot(which I've been proposing since closed beta testing, by the way) totally negates any harsh feelings or division among the player base. I get that competition is good, but there's a whole huge zone for competing. It's called Cyrodiil, and you should go there and compete to your heart's content. Now there's a justice system in place so you can open world PvP with those unfortunate enough to participate in that game mechanic and get your "competition" fix. Leave those of us who just want to quest and loot out of your petty desire to beat someone else's pixellated self up or "compete" for resources.
    Edited by MercyKilling on March 17, 2015 8:12PM
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just found a heavy bag with 2 Deneta runes which I actually needed. I was clearing inventory space so I could pick em up, and someone came and took the bag right in front of my face. Truth be told, Im kinda pissed about that. Why the hell is that even possible? Who thought it was a good idea to make PvE Competitive like this? Is it not obvious that it splits the community?!

Make loot individual so we don't have to fight for loot.
    Heavy sacks <snicker> are a resource node, they are not "loot".

:trollin:
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bigger picture is that I believe having competition in PvE like this, makes a less welcome community. I've seen the difference and it's quite obvious. Having instanced loot alone will not make a better community, but I believe it would be a step forward. So the bigger picture here is a better community.

It doesn't have a bit of an impact on the community. It also makes the economy real boring, because resource nodes are even easier to get.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said there will always be TWO types of loot
    Open world loot, anyone can take it, first in, first server.
    (Heavy sacks, Chests and Resource Nodes)
    and private loot, only you can see it, and this is from killed mobs only, containers (not chests, or heavy sacks), and other 'white' trash items.

If they change all the open world loot to be private, they would have to greatly decrease the number of spawns to keep the in flux of items the same.

I think the current system is fine.

Edited by Natjur on March 17, 2015 8:19PM
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just found a heavy bag with 2 Deneta runes which I actually needed. I was clearing inventory space so I could pick em up, and someone came and took the bag right in front of my face. Truth be told, Im kinda pissed about that. Why the hell is that even possible? Who thought it was a good idea to make PvE Competitive like this? Is it not obvious that it splits the community?!

Make loot individual so we don't have to fight for loot.

You tried to pick stuff up when you had no room.... That's not a game issue. This is an mmorpg, if you want fully instanced everything just go install something single player instead, rather than a game genre designed around a persistent multi-player world. By the way, if you just open your bags it won't free the loot, anyway. It's you having closed the loot window that marked it back as open loot. :)
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭

For those not getting the issue or point the OP is trying to make, I made bold and italicized the relevant statements. Instanced loot(which I've been proposing since closed beta testing, by the way) totally negates any harsh feelings or division among the player base. I get that competition is good, but there's a whole huge zone for competing. It's called Cyrodiil, and you should go there and compete to your heart's content. Now there's a justice system in place so you can open world PvP with those unfortunate enough to participate in that game mechanic and get your "competition" fix. Leave those of us who just want to quest and loot out of your petty desire to beat someone else's pixellated self up or "compete" for resources.
    Thanks for clerifying my point. I've used your post in my OP to emphasise my point. If you want it gone, just say the word!
    Options
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or if ur inventory is full, just open it and delete an item, the loot window will not be closed.

Actually, unless they fixed that with this weeks update to 2.0.1, last weeks update broke the chests and they would close if you opened your inventory to delete items. I do hope they fixed it! I haven't checked yet.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • Gix
    Gix
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to point out that, if seeing another player around you and all you're thinking of is how intrusive he or she is (or can/might be)... maybe you need to learn to share... and on top of that you're blaming the GAME for this (not to mention your own inventory is full)? C'mon!

You're asking to be pampered more than you already are!
    Dominoid wrote: »
    It's actually a bug to some degree. Before 1.6 you could switch between container and mentors without "releasing" the container to the masses. This was a feature added many moons ago but broke in 1.6. I. Your case clearing your inventory would have left the bag locked until you were done. Submit a bug. The more that do the sooner it'll get fixed.
    That's not how the debugging process works in ANY development. Not only continuously reporting the same bug doesn't increase it's priority but, if it did (it doesn't), all you'd accomplish is make the developers do something drastic and short-term, like "removing deers to reduce lag in Cyrodiil".
    Options
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to point out that, if seeing another player around you and all you're thinking of is how intrusive he or she is (or can/might be)... maybe you need to learn to share... and on top of that you're blaming the GAME for this (not to mention your own inventory is full)? C'mon!

That's not how the debugging process works in ANY development. Not only continuously reporting the same bug doesn't increase it's priority but, if it did (it doesn't), all you'd accomplish is make the developers do something drastic and short-term, like "removing deers to reduce lag in Cyrodiil".
    I never said that I didn't like seeing other people in the game, stop jumping to conclussions. Besides, people are judgmental, like it or not. Expecting everyone to have mutual respect to others as a default is unreasonable and unrealistic.
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or if ur inventory is full, just open it and delete an item, the loot window will not be closed.
    This is what to do, that way whilst you're cleaning your pack to make space no one can take the items from the heavy sack, chest, resource node, etc. It was a change put in place a few months ago now to address the very problem the OP is speaking about, and it works well.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on March 17, 2015 9:24PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Djem
    Djem
    ✭✭✭
    It's fine the way it is.
    Glarthir is crazy. Maybe harmless crazy, maybe not.

Dunmer Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact, EU PC Megaserver.
    Options
  • Gix
    Gix
    ✭✭✭✭

I never said that I didn't like seeing other people in the game, stop jumping to conclussions. Besides, people are judgmental, like it or not. Expecting everyone to have mutual respect to others as a default is unreasonable and unrealistic.
    But you see them as competition...
    Options