The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crowns:Sub vs just buying them?

TherrusD
TherrusD
Hello everyone!

Thrilled for the crown store...but I wonder: if I want to get crowns should I rather sub for a month or 3 or should I rather buy them outright?
Currently it looks like when I buy 30 days I get 1500 Crowns. That's 13€. If I buy 1500 crowns it's also 13€...is there really any difference or should I just go for the sub for a month to get 1500 crowns?
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering a single mount costs 2500 Crowns and most of us got between 2000-3500 (who subbed since day 1) I'm gonna go ahead and say buying Crowns will be cheaper than Subbing (for Crowns) and considering the rest of ESO Plus's "benefits" are nearly garbage I fully expect most folks to stop subbing entirely once their current sub runs out.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I`m Canadian.. this means they updated my per month subscription cost to $17.99.

A 1500 pack of crowns cost me $17.99 (Canadian)

Soo... as not sure if your conversion works the same. But to me I`m paying for my 1500 crowns per month... and getting the extra 10% xp, gold and research time for free :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices in the UK are:
    £4.79 for 750c
    £8.99 for 1500c
    £14.99 for 3000c
    £23.99 for 5500c

So the £8.99 for 1500 option works out the same as a sub, but the sub gets you extra perks. But if you buy more crowns at a time it works out slightly cheaper than a sub.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Prices in the UK are:
    £4.79 for 750c
    £8.99 for 1500c
    £14.99 for 3000c
    £23.99 for 5500c

So the £8.99 for 1500 option works out the same as a sub, but the sub gets you extra perks. But if you buy more crowns at a time it works out slightly cheaper than a sub.

Good call. I do sub for the 6 month option, but looks like if you're buying the largest crown pack they are SLIGHTLY cheaper. To me it's worth staying subbed though.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copied from what I posted here:

Because I'm Canadian, all prices I mention are in Canadian dollars (because that's what the website gives me). If anyone wants to figure this out in the currency of your homeland, please do so and post it here.

Crown Packs:

750 Crowns = $9.99 = 75 Crowns/$
    1500 Crowns = $17.99 = 83 Crowns/$
    3000 Crowns = $29.99 = 100 Crowns/$
    5500 Crowns = $49.99 = 110 Crowns/$

Plus Subscriptions:

30 Day Sub = 1500 Crowns = $17.99 = 83 Crowns/$
    90 Day Sub = 4500 Crowns = $50.97 = 88 Crowns/$
    180 Day Sub = 9000 Crowns = $95.94 = 94 Crowns/$

So paying for any sub gets you more Crowns for your dollar than buying one 750 Crown pack at a time.

Paying for a sub 30 days at a time gets you Crowns at the exact same price as buying one 1500 Crown pack at a time.

The only time you get more Crowns for your dollar by buying a pack rather than having a subscription is when you buy packs of 3000 Crowns at a time, or 5500 Crowns at a time.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Because I'm Canadian, all prices I mention are in Canadian dollars (because that's what the website gives me). If anyone wants to figure this out in the currency of your homeland, please do so and post it here.

Crown Packs:

Plus Subscriptions:

So paying for any sub gets you more Crowns for your dollar than buying one 750 Crown pack at a time.

Paying for a sub 30 days at a time gets you Crowns at the exact same price as buying one 1500 Crown pack at a time.

The only time you get more Crowns for your dollar by buying a pack rather than having a subscription is when you buy packs of 3000 Crowns at a time, or 5500 Crowns at a time.

Yeah, I do find this unfortunate. If you are subscribed for the crowns, you are better off buying them in lots of 5500. This is an important situation for anyone thinking they would use the subscription crowns to buy DLC against a future unsubscribed period.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Crown Packs:

Plus Subscriptions:

Yeah, I do find this unfortunate. If you are subscribed for the crowns, you are better off buying them in lots of 5500. This is an important situation for anyone thinking they would use the subscription crowns to buy DLC against a future unsubscribed period.
    Honestly, I didn't expect the number of crowns you get per dollar to be nearly as close as it is. Yeah, you're better off buying the large crown packs, but not by very much. I expected the crown packs to be significantly cheaper than they are. As it is, with a sub you get almost as many crowns for your money as with the big packs, while also getting the 10% bonuses. Not a bad deal IMO.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • LorAmas
    LorAmas
    ✭✭
    I'm wondering, does the monthly "allotment" of Crowns for ESO Plus Members roll over to the next month and accumulate, or do they have to be used in that month?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LorAmas wrote: »
    I'm wondering, does the monthly "allotment" of Crowns for ESO Plus Members roll over to the next month and accumulate, or do they have to be used in that month?
    It just gets added to your account. Note that it's not even monthly per se, as if you choose one of the options that's a longer subscription period than a month (90 days or 180 days) you get a lump sum of all of the crowns at the beginning of your sub period, rather than getting 1500 per month. So it works out to 1500 per month, but you get it all up front. Spend it when you want, save it up, whatever.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)