Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need a good templar build

Luthern
Luthern
Soul Shriven
I plan to grind and do dungeons when I hit the level needed to do them
So I need a good aoe dps build but I also need to be able to heal rather well

All the builds I can find are for maxed out characters and most are outdated by 4+ months :/

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe deltiasgaming.com has updated builds.

Updated builds are going to be few and far between since update 6 only dropped on us very recently. Good luck!

As well, for leveling you can probably pick whatever you like, try coming up with your own build and have fun with it! Once you get to a higher level and the build starts to matter, you can always respec. Also by then there will probably be more updated builds online ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • tannercrook
    tannercrook
    ✭✭✭
    I feel that Templars are the most flexible classes in the game. As stated in the previous response, I am suggesting have fun with a build and try what you like. However, I will recommend some "must-haves".

Sun Shield** (last ability in Aedric Spear tree)

This ability is a must have. I can't tell you how many times this will save your life. Not only save it, but it reflects damage back. So run into a fight with this on. Everyone unloads on you. They die.

Radiant Destruction (last ability in Dawn's Wrath tree)

This is a brand new ability that came with 1.6 patch. If you get an enemy below 1/2 health and hit them with this. They will feel it.

Breath of Life (Restoring Light tree)

This is the best personal/small group heal. Its great for 4 man dungeons because the morph can heal you plus 2 allies that are the lowest health. Expensive, but it keeps everyone alive.

Solar Barrage (Dawn's Wrath AOE morph)

Great AOE ability.

Healing Springs (Resto Staff)

If you are going to want to do massive large group healing. You need to run a restoration staff with this ability.

These are just a few suggestions. I hope they help you find things that you like and combine them to create a truly unique, yet powerful character. I hate the idea of pre-made builds. People miss out on the customization fun. If you have more questions, hit me up.

May the nine guide your path traveler.

Cheers
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that "Build" should include gear. You should also discuss what concept you have for the character. I have way too many actives but my favourite is the magic Templar/Healer. This uses Light Armour/Resto gear and concentrates on Aedric Spear and Restoring Light for class skills. One limited AoE has often been the "go to" skill for most Templar builds which is "Puncturing Strikes" morphed to "Puncturing Sweep". It strikes multiple foes in your forward arc and the morph heals you.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread