Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Issues downloading game - Webget request failed and http request failed errors

mikeye14
mikeye14
Soul Shriven
So I just bought the game a few hours ago, and have been having issues downloading it.. As apparent with the title.. I've tried all of the fixes I've found on the net so far, opening ports, flushing DNS, reinstalling launcher and starting all over.. Reinstalling adobe flash.. I mean I don't know what to do anymore.. Any help literally at all would be greatly appreciated. I really want to play this game, it looks amazing. Thanks whoever can help me.
Edited by mikeye14 on March 15, 2015 3:56AM
  • mikeye14
    mikeye14
    Soul Shriven
    And occasionally I'll get HTTP request failed. My net is steady, no disconnecting etc etc.
  • aqwis01eb17_ESO
    aqwis01eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hi,

I had the same problems, but managed to solve them. Try flushing your dns 3-4 times (just press up arrow in command prompt and the same ipconfig /flushdns should come up), then at the Launcher click settings (top right) and set the maximum download speed to anything other than unlimited. Try 1 Mbps for example. Pause and resume the launcher, it should go smoothly from there.
    Edited by aqwis01eb17_ESO on March 18, 2015 6:23AM
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue. In my case, I just had to come back to the computer and check it every now and then. When the error pops up, I just hit pause and then resume. Download picked up where it left off.

Took quite a while, considering the size of the thing, but it got there eventually.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."