Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best race for tank Templar?

Harasdar
Harasdar
✭✭
Hi,

I just decided to reroll a new Templar, but can't decide which race to choose. I allready have one Breton, but not sure if that is the right race. Mainly I want to tank, so I ended up with Imperial or Redguard, so 12% max health vs 9% stamina reg. It would be cool if you could tell me what you would choose and why.

I've an open ear for all your suggestions. (I don't like elves and Khajiit so they are no option ;-) )

Thank you,
Harasdar

PS: Most of the time I'm in PVE...PVP is not so important, but will happen from time to time ;-)
Edited by Harasdar on March 14, 2015 1:32PM
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears the consensus at the moment would be on Imperial. Health boost, stamina boost, health gain per melee hit, and faster experience gain with one hander/ shield make a great tank race. More health for a melee tank is never a bad thing.
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    It appears the consensus at the moment would be on Imperial. Health boost, stamina boost, health gain per melee hit, and faster experience gain with one hander/ shield make a great tank race. More health for a melee tank is never a bad thing.

Unfortunately the "at the moment" part of your post is undeniable. This is a MMO so, this may in fact be true today, but what does tomorrow bring?

To the OP...., things change quite a lot, maybe not often, but still. Just remember what you build today may not be "The Best" by VR1. Choose what you want to play and then spec that character into what you want him to be.

ESO has done a fairly good job in it's skills / race / enchantment / etc... diversity. Many different builds can turn out to be competitive..
    Edited by Inactive Account on March 14, 2015 5:30PM
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    In this order: Imperial > Redguard > Nord

Imperial for that health passive, Reguard for stamina passive, Nord has a damage reduction passive. Nord being the worst to pick IMO, but I roll a DK Nord and I play vet content just fine.
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    I would agree with the other posters and say Imperial is the best tanking race, and for many other roles as well. Their attribute bonus racials dwarf anything else the other races offer, and with the Champion system, you can actually gain some of the other racial bonuses, like magical cost reduction/recovery, damage reduction, elemental damage, etc.

The attribute bonuses can really be only made up through gear and food, so you are ahead in that sense when you choose Imperial.
  • nick0429
    nick0429
    Soul Shriven
    An imperial would be a safe bet for any class imo. Extra health and stamina will never be "bad". You can also adjust you glyphs, enchants, gear, etc accordingly