The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The XP in Craglorn is thin

Kublakan
Kublakan
✭✭✭
Hi, I just came back after 1.6 and headed to Craglorn to level my R12, along with some skills that changed with the new patch. Well, I don't know if it's just bad timing, but everytime I get there it's hard to find a group. People were letting me know that XP has been nerfed in Crag, so much less people are there. I joined groups a couple times, but leveling is becoming a pain. I did soloed everything soloable there so now Im out of option, except... Doing what most are doing, apparently, leveling an alt.

But its a kind of a dead end, when you have no option. At least make it soloable until VR14 if you choose to nerf group xp...

Kubla
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to your VR10 zone and grind there, it hasn't been nerfed yet. Mine is The Rift because I'm DC.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Go to your VR10 zone and grind there, it hasn't been nerfed yet. Mine is The Rift because I'm DC.

Yes, agreed. However, I found that competition is quite high. If you can think of a grind spot, chances are there are mobs of people already running it. I found one in Bangkorai (I'm AD) with a lot of gargoyles, thinking people wouldn't wanna grind those things. Nope.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the good grind have been found and are either FIXED
    Or Full of players (who get annoyed if you join them)
    The instanced grind spot (inside a private instance) are only half as good as the open world ones, but you don't have to fight players over them.
    Edited by Natjur on March 13, 2015 1:15AM
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    All the good grind have been found and are either FIXED
    Or Full of players (who get annoyed if you join them)
    The instanced grind spot (inside a private instance) are only half as good as the open world ones, but you don't have to fight players over them.

Well.... it could be worse... ;)

i-MDKfRtw.jpg

• Kublakan
    Kublakan
    ✭✭✭
    Thx all for the tips. Ill head for the Rift and see if I can grind without getting bored too soon.
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for telling ZOS to nerf this. You know they will.
    Edited by Blud on March 13, 2015 2:05AM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks to you it will get nerfed immediatly :D Good XP? No way!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah there needs to be a rule never to mention spots that still award exp, seriously...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't bother questing in Craglorn for XP, the quests and delves there have really bad rates. No better than the VR 8-10 zones. Best to do the Calwell's Gold quest and kill mobs in those zones.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely do as others have stated and go to a lower zone. Craglorn XP has been nerfed so hard packs of Vet 1 mudcrabs give you more XP. than the Welwa packs. It is really, really sad and unfortunately, shows that whomever made that decision should not be in a lead decision.

If they are worried about CP grinding, they need to put a cap on the number of CP you can earn in a day and not nerf the darned XP.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Elder no-XP Online.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have been doing a lot lately that's reactionary and not all that smart.

They added a basically endless progression system based on XP and didn't think it important to look at XP awards across the board. That's really really poor. The constant hot-nerfs of any effective method of gaining XP show how unprepared they were for the Champion System rollout.

Get it together. You're heading towards the console launch which should be huge, but right now it looks like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lately? :/

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Kublakan
    Kublakan
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I've been to grind at The Rift and it was in my opinion, long, boring and extremely slow. The champion xp was going much faster, but the real xp, dunno how to name it otherwise, was very slow. I killed all the world bosses and got merely 2% at VR12. Now, I don't know about other players, but for me, Im an old fart and my time is getting really precious, so I think Ill put this one aside.

Thx all for the advices.

Kubla
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    i heard that ERP gets you maga XP toward champ points o:)

......just sayin.. might be worth a try
    Edited by Sphinx2318 on March 13, 2015 2:15PM
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kublakan wrote: »
    Ok, I've been to grind at The Rift and it was in my opinion, long, boring and extremely slow. The champion xp was going much faster, but the real xp, dunno how to name it otherwise, was very slow. I killed all the world bosses and got merely 2% at VR12. Now, I don't know about other players, but for me, Im an old fart and my time is getting really precious, so I think Ill put this one aside.

Thx all for the advices.

Kubla

You're doing it wrong. WBs are pretty bad. Look for a spot with mobs that are close together with fast respawn rates.

Theres a few spots. One is just outside Riften. Its still long and boring, but was doable solo. Maybe 300k an hour. Been awhile, maybe I should go back..

Some still swear by duoing spellscar, even with the nerf to xp. Lightning side I think.

Good luck
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is definitely not for grinders. Good thing for me that I am not one, and that I enjoy the quests, but I feel bad for the rest of you. I feel like people who want to grind should be able to.
  • Kublakan
    Kublakan
    ✭✭✭

You're doing it wrong. WBs are pretty bad. Look for a spot with mobs that are close together with fast respawn rates.

Theres a few spots. One is just outside Riften. Its still long and boring, but was doable solo. Maybe 300k an hour. Been awhile, maybe I should go back..

Some still swear by duoing spellscar, even with the nerf to xp. Lightning side I think.

Good luck

Thx for the advice. I've been there, just outside Riften, to the lions. It was heavily camped every time I got there. Made me think about old EQ.

• phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've got me there. LOL I guess I'm looking at their customarily torpid rate of progress with fixes vs their current nerf it now nerf it hard attitude.
    ...I killed all the world bosses and got merely 2% at VR12.
    Kubla

Don't waste your time with world bosses below your level. Overworld mobs in groups of three or so that can be pulled to a central location and killed are the only way to grab any real XP, and their not that likely to be nerfed because it will further wreck everybodies VR progress if they do.
  • Minack
    Minack
    ✭✭✭

This dev team makes SOE look competent.
  • Niminion
    Niminion
    ✭✭✭
    Back from not playing since release and I just started working through gold, VR is still as grindy as I remember, I thought it was buffed? Isn't this the reason they lost alot of subs after release? The day I am out of ways to level, besides kill the same weak mobs for hours on end, I'm gone, and this time I won't come back. Grinds are fine, BUT NOT FOR LEVELING!

• jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This game is definitely not for grinders. Good thing for me that I am not one, and that I enjoy the quests, but I feel bad for the rest of you. I feel like people who want to grind should be able to.

Even if you enjoy quests its damn hard to level to v14. I just completed Caldwell's gold on my NB at v11.5, having completed 100% of the silver and gold zones, and there are 0 solo quests in Craglorn to level up with. I got to v12 by slowly completing the lower craglorn quest line but it takes forever to get a group up and running. If they're going to nerf grinding so hard they need to knock the Craglorn quests down to be easy-duo/hard-solo content. I was able to complete a few of the lower craglorn quests with a solid Temp tank/healer type but others will not be so lucky as to a find a competent player to pair with and several of the quests have stages that require 4 group members to open doors/portal even if the mobs inside don't require 4 players to down.
  • Craven_Killmore
    Craven_Killmore
    ✭✭✭
    they are removing vet ranks in a patch after console release, stop crying and clue in to eso live and dev talks.
  • Scotia
    Scotia
    ✭✭✭
    they are removing vet ranks in a patch after console release, stop crying and clue in to eso live and dev talks.

I think your post is out of line. The vet ranks were to be removed shortly after 1.6, console release is June? How long is that? The devs cannot be taken for their word as they have lied to the PC players for the last year. Prime examples, the game will always be sub based, or Cryodiil will be 100s vs 100s of players with minimum playable issues. Yah right.

• PaulD
    PaulD
    ✭✭✭

The problem with what you just said is very simple - this is, essentially, a grinding game unless you quest in Craglorn or Cyr. Quests give a very low XP reward for the effort involved. There are very few quests where the XP reward for killing mobs isn't at least twice that given for the quest itself. I have a XP point tracker I use, and it's absolute, unless it's a "pick this up and take it to the owner" quest, you'll get more XP from kills easily. Questing as hard as possible you MIGHT get 125K per hour. Flat out grinding is faster. And the problem with the questing is very simple, there are not enough quests to get you to VR14. Doing every quest fanatically, and searching every zone for every quest you can find will not get you to VR14 without visits to Cyrodil or Craglorn. That's just a fact. You are intended to go do quests in those zones from VR11 onward. And that's why there are repeatable daily's in Cyr.
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 120k XP last night in just over an hour in Cyro delves. Slow, I know.. but that's without Enlightenment. Moved me from 19% to 30% of the way through VR13

You know whats even better though - Cyro Quests! I just smashed through 1 hour and I knocked out all the Cropsford Quests and some of the Cheydinhal quests - I went from 30% to 49% of the way through VR13.. in just over an hour.

300K XP.. in two hours.. That's a VR Level every 6.5...

EDIT: I came back later on and finished off all the Cheydinhal and all the Bruma quests. 1.5 hours (and the only reason it took that long is because two DC *** kept taking me out even though it was clear I wasn't engaging them and was at quest markers.. at least the AD guy who was there got it and left me alone). When I went to bed I was 70% of the way through VR13..
    Edited by hamgatan on May 28, 2015 1:27AM
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Aye same here, Crag is crap for xp now.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Kublakan
    Kublakan
    ✭✭✭
    I also went to Cyrodiil to get from VR12 to VR14 and it was kind of fast compard to Craglorn. I dont know if it changed, my OP is old and went to Cyrodiil without hesitation when I saw how Crag was boring, empty and useless.

Kubla

Edited by Kublakan on May 28, 2015 1:11AM
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also went to Cyrodiil to get from VR12 to VR14 and it was kind of fast compard to Craglorn. I dont know if it changed, my OP is old and went to Cyrodiil without hesitation when I saw how Crag was boring, empty and useless.

Kubla

I believe that since you posted the OP, Craglorn Cyrodiil mobs were bumped to VR12. Which may have helped.

Edit: the other C word
    Edited by Valymer on May 28, 2015 2:47PM
  • Kublakan
    Kublakan
    ✭✭✭
    Valymer wrote: »

Kubla

I believe that since you posted the OP, Craglorn Cyrodiil mobs were bumped to VR12. Which may have helped.

Edit: the other C word

Yes, exactly.