The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please fix Meteor. 40k+ Shooting Stars and 40-60k Fall damage bug!

• trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Fall Damage bug is a bug, Meteor is just someone stacking spell damage and having all of their buffs active at once as well as being a glass cannon build, they probably hit you for 10-15k then your own idioicy for standing in the DoT did the rest.

I wonder.....
    fdf22h.jpg
    Meteor_hits_earth.gif

Its the end of the world as you know it...

And I feel fine......

Game will be done downloading tonight or tomorrow morning, I'm playing War Thunder during the day so it downloads overnight... Got my new PC a few days ago, and the monitor arrived today. So I'll be able to experience Meteor today, and my reaction will probably be....

Casts Reflect.

Or on my Nightblade.

Casts Absorb Magic.

Cast reflect or cast absorb magic. Ok, but when? 100% of the time?
    Because how do you know that a meteor is going to hit you?
    The gigantic fracking indicator beneath your feet and the sound of it whooshing down from the heavens to smash your skull into a thousand tiny pieces...........................? Or you know... Look up? :smirk:

I know about this visual indicator. But the delay between the moment it is displayed and the moment the meteor is hitting the ground is really too short. It happens almost at the same time.

Options
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭
    Meteor is a strong spell, too strong. And there are too many spells that are too strong in 1.6. By too strong, I mean they go beyond some reasonable limits, like 2-3 shooting people.

And PVP is not fun when people can be killed too quickly.

Ok, meteor can be reflected, so there is a mean to counter the effect of such a powerfull ability. But how to counter a zerging raid that launches all the available meteors at the same time?

Is it working as intended, I don't know. It's too much of The Elder Meteor Online in Cyrodiil currently... The raid with the more meteors is likely to win. Should call NASA for some help Maybe?

here we go again. pvp players QQing about skills that PVE'rs rely on. You guys do realize that meteor is used in more places than just cyrodil right? Can you try to think about that before you scream nerf every 20 seconds?
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meteor is a strong spell, too strong. And there are too many spells that are too strong in 1.6. By too strong, I mean they go beyond some reasonable limits, like 2-3 shooting people.

Ok, meteor can be reflected, so there is a mean to counter the effect of such a powerfull ability. But how to counter a zerging raid that launches all the available meteors at the same time?

Is it working as intended, I don't know. It's too much of The Elder Meteor Online in Cyrodiil currently... The raid with the more meteors is likely to win. Should call NASA for some help Maybe?

There is this thing called your right mouse button. You should press it sometime.

Meteors are laughably weak right now, I haven't even cast one in 1.6. In 1.5 they were only useful due to their rarity and the fact that most people had no idea how to counter them. Now, everyone and their mother knows half a dozen ways to counter them.

If you're dying to meteor, you're doing it wrong.
    Edited by Ezareth on March 18, 2015 8:19PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

There is this thing call your right mouse button. You should press it sometime.

Meteors are laughably weak right now, I haven't even cast one in 1.6. In 1.5 they were only useful due to their rarity and the fact that most people had no idea how to counter them. Now, everyone and their mother knows half a dozen ways to counter them.

If you're dying to meteor, you're doing it wrong.
    @Ezareth you need to make a PvP video titled.

"How To: PvP, For Idiots. No Really..."

Do it. :wink:

Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Fall Damage bug is a bug, Meteor is just someone stacking spell damage and having all of their buffs active at once as well as being a glass cannon build, they probably hit you for 10-15k then your own idioicy for standing in the DoT did the rest.

I wonder.....
    fdf22h.jpg
    Meteor_hits_earth.gif

Its the end of the world as you know it...

And I feel fine......

Game will be done downloading tonight or tomorrow morning, I'm playing War Thunder during the day so it downloads overnight... Got my new PC a few days ago, and the monitor arrived today. So I'll be able to experience Meteor today, and my reaction will probably be....

Casts Reflect.

Or on my Nightblade.

Casts Absorb Magic.

Cast reflect or cast absorb magic. Ok, but when? 100% of the time?
    Because how do you know that a meteor is going to hit you?
    The gigantic fracking indicator beneath your feet and the sound of it whooshing down from the heavens to smash your skull into a thousand tiny pieces...........................? Or you know... Look up? :smirk:

I know about this visual indicator. But the delay between the moment it is displayed and the moment the meteor is hitting the ground is really too short. It happens almost at the same time.
    About 1.5 seconds on my rig. Just about every one of my deaths is either meteor or coordinated air attack (now both lol), so I have some experience.
    Options