Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do glyph vendors have two the same at different prices?

Kragorn
Kragorn
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this is new or not, I don't often buy glyphs but I found myself needing a few on a level 10 and CBA making some so I popped into the vendor in Vulkhel Guard.

Every glyph they sold existed in two versions, the tooltips were identical but one was 217g and the other 223g (or 220+ at any rate).

For the life of me I couldn't see any difference whatsoever. Did I miss something?
Edited by Kragorn on March 10, 2015 8:18AM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There used to be a difference between them, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Maybe it was lost in 1.6 value changes?
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I haven't seen at that, but I haven't made a glyph post 1.6. It used to be that below L45 Glyphs came as only one item but at, and above, L45 there was split numbers for the Glyphs. ie One would have +92 bonus and cost about 210 and the other would have +98 bonus and cost about 225.

I take it that the different bonuses no longer apply?
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    There used to be a difference between them, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Maybe it was lost in 1.6 value changes?

It was the equivalent of going from a Ta to a Jejota.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I haven't seen at that, but I haven't made a glyph post 1.6. It used to be that below L45 Glyphs came as only one item but at, and above, L45 there was split numbers for the Glyphs. ie One would have +92 bonus and cost about 210 and the other would have +98 bonus and cost about 225.

I take it that the different bonuses no longer apply?
    That certainly sounds like what I'm seeing the remnants of, two different prices but now with identical stats.
  • Kaynlor
    Kaynlor
    ✭✭✭
    From what I saw pre-1.6, the difference was level, for ex. lvl 1-10 is 5pt damage for 57g, and lvl 5-15 is 7pt damage for 62g.
    Edited by Kaynlor on March 11, 2015 12:54PM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaynlor wrote: »
    From what I saw pre-1.6, the difference was level, for ex. lvl 1-10 is 5pt damage for 57g, and lvl 5-15 is 7pt damage for 62g.

I didn't classify them by level but by glyph name ie slight, minor, moderate, strong etc. "Strong" was where they started pulling the split bonus/price thing.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread