Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about soul gems

Moonsorrow9
Moonsorrow9
Soul Shriven
Does the level of the creature whose soul is captured matter? For example, is a petty soul gem with a level 1 soul any different than a petty soul gem with a level 9 soul?

I ask because my filled petty soul gem is worth slightly more gold than my filled minor soul gem, and I'm not sure if it has something to do with this.
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    no it doesnt matter
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why a 'petty' gem would be worth more than the 'minor' one, certainly ESO, unlike TES games, doesn't put a value on specific souls.

Did you find the minor one already filled? Maybe if you capture the soul yourself it's worth a little more? I've never looked at gem values so .. hmmm.