Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two Legendary Monumental Glyphs of Magicka, Two Different Magicka Values

Erock25
Erock25
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
How is it even possible to have two legendary, V10-14, magicka glyphs and one is 567 magicka and the other is 637? Is this a bug or is there someway to make crappy glyphs? It seems all other ones I see are 637 magicka.
You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without more context it is hard to answer you. Are you talking about glyphs straight off the crafting table or already on a piece of armor?
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    Without more context it is hard to answer you. Are you talking about glyphs straight off the crafting table or already on a piece of armor?

Straight off the crafting table and not on armor yet. They appear to be EXACTLY the same in every single manner, except 567 magicka versus 637.

edit - I did not craft it myself.
    Edited by Erock25 on March 9, 2015 8:58PM
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

Straight off the crafting table and not on armor yet. They appear to be EXACTLY the same in every single manner, except 567 magicka versus 637.

edit - I did not craft it myself.

Hm :/

Not sure then, short of you perhaps not using kuta for the top value? I can log in and check on my enchanter to see if I can get those values to repeat.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    one is kuta , second - rekuta
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    567 comes up with Splendid glyph so you must have had a kuta but were using lvl8 Rekura instead of lvl9 Kura
    Edited by Soulshine on March 9, 2015 9:07PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember back when 1.5 came out there were purple glyphs that gave more stats than gold glyphs of the same level. Never knew why though.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    one is kuta , second - rekuta

I thought kuta/rekuta determined if it was Epic or Legendary though??? These are both legendary.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they are Monumental (so you used a CURA) and a KUTA (gold) then indeed they are bugged. Take a screen shot, put in a bug report...ohh that sux!

p.s Cura adds (and is Monumental vr10-14) and KUTA (gold) is legendary.
    Edited by SLy_Kyti on March 9, 2015 10:09PM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuta is the quality glyph for legendary (gold item). Rekuta is also a quality glyoh but purple, not legendary. Rekura are the potency glyphs for lvl8 and Kura is for lvl9. The glyph used on that was level 8 if the value you have is 567 and not 637, eventhough they are both for vr10-14 gear
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kuta is the quality glyph for legendary (gold item). Rekuta is also a quality glyoh but purple, not legendary. Rekura are the potency glyphs for lvl8 and Kura is for lvl9. The glyph used on that was level 8 if the value you have is 567 and not 637, eventhough they are both for vr10-14 gear

@Soulshine So are you saying it is possible to use a Rekura and for it to be Monumental (v10-v14) or are you just implying that this item is in fact bugged?

edit ... nevermind. I looked it up and yes it is bugged.
    Edited by Erock25 on March 9, 2015 10:29PM
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Soulshine So are you saying it is possible to use a Rekura and for it to be Monumental (v10-v14) or are you just implying that this item is in fact bugged?

edit ... nevermind. I looked it up and yes it is bugged.

Must be. 567 value is for a Splendid Glyph not for Monumental, which is 637.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA I have submitted a ticket about this issue with a screen shot using the /bug command weeks ago and have received no response. I have a Monumental, Legendary, glyph of magicka that I bought from a guild store that displays 567 magicka instead of 637. 5k gold is a lot for me so I feel pretty ripped off at the moment. I was wondering if you could move this topic to customer support or look in to why my ticket was never addressed.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Erock25,

/bug tickets are a manner of providing feedback and don't reach customer support. As such, you won't receive a response to any of the /bugs that you send.

Do you happen to have screenshots of both of the glyphs? We'd be happy to take a look!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @Erock25,

/bug tickets are a manner of providing feedback and don't reach customer support. As such, you won't receive a response to any of the /bugs that you send.

Do you happen to have screenshots of both of the glyphs? We'd be happy to take a look!

I do have screen shots and will post them here as soon as I have access to them in a couple of hours and will tag you in that post. Thanks!
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think some or all glyphs were nerfed when 1.6 was released, because old glyphs I had crafted of a given type and quality are stronger than new ones of the same type and quality.

Was that unintentional?
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some potency runes overlap certain levels. So one rune can go from 10-14, while another goes from 8-12. That's one idea. The other is did you enchant them onto armor before seeing this difference? The could be exactly the same rune, but carry different values depending on which armor slot you added them to.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Some potency runes overlap certain levels. So one rune can go from 10-14, while another goes from 8-12. That's one idea. The other is did you enchant them onto armor before seeing this difference? The could be exactly the same rune, but carry different values depending on which armor slot you added them to.

They aren't on armor yet. Both state v10-v14 on them.

If anyone is feeling extra generous could they post here a picture of a Monumental Yellow Magicka Armor Glyph. I used all of mine up besides the bugged one recently and won't have a screen shot for comparison.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA Here is a a picture with the bugged glyph. I do not have a picture of a non-bugged Legendary Monumental Glyph of Magicka but I can assure you that they're all over 600 magicka. Maybe I'm understanding the system wrong, but there should be no variation between legendary monumental glyphs.

Z1dNCSa.png

Edited by Erock25 on March 28, 2015 3:46PM
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any screenshots?
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »
    Any screenshots?

Yes I had a link in the previous post but edited it to put the screen shot directly in the post.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your image is weird, no way the value should be that low. Here is what I craft, matches what you said for the other glyph.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A376%3Enu%3D5239%3E258%3E%3A34%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3B9%3C892%3A334%3Bnu0mrj
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    So one is 567 and the other is 637? That's a pretty big difference, and you say they are both freshly crafted?
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »
    So one is 567 and the other is 637? That's a pretty big difference, and you say they are both freshly crafted?

No, I bought the bugged glyph about 2 months ago at this point. I was buying up a bunch of glyphs for the new sets I was going to craft with 1.6, and didn't notice that this one had a bugged value.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, i wonder that if the bought glyph has lower value, it might be from era when VR12 was max level. I vaguely remember that old and new had different values.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Hmm, i wonder that if the bought glyph has lower value, it might be from era when VR12 was max level. I vaguely remember that old and new had different values.

That sounds plausible, but the image clearly shows max VR14.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's how it was when VR14 was introduced. Older glyphs retained their value, but they were applicable to VR14 gear after patch. I remember new spell damage glyphs gave one more into damage than old ones. Otherwise they looked equal. Forgive me not being exact. I didn't pay much attention to it.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any update on this @ZOS_GaryA . I'm tempted to sell this bugged glyph off to some poor sap who ignores details as much as I do, but that would just be passing the problem on to someone else.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How is it even possible to have two legendary, V10-14, magicka glyphs and one is 567 magicka and the other is 637? Is this a bug or is there someway to make crappy glyphs? It seems all other ones I see are 637 magicka.

I currently have the same thing on two vr14 Lego chest pieces... been wondering as well. I made both glyphs and armors a month ago.
    Edited by nimander99 on March 30, 2015 2:17PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this @ZOS_GaryA . I'm tempted to sell this bugged glyph off to some poor sap who ignores details as much as I do, but that would just be passing the problem on to someone else.

Why would you do this? Can you really just not right click it and go to "destroy"? Is that too difficult?
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why would you do this? Can you really just not right click it and go to "destroy"? Is that too difficult?

Why would I destroy something that I paid 5k gold for?