Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need tips for VR10-14 leveling

snorg38b14_ESO
snorg38b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
So I recently subbed again and I'm having some issues leveling my main that is VR10.

One of the problems is I played back before the VR xp change and so I went entirely through Cad's Silver/Gold and side quests just to get to VR10.

Another issue is I stopped playing before Craglorn which means I wasn't with the initial rush of VR10 people that were capped at the time and did quests to VR12, same for missing the VR12-14 rush.

So now I'm stuck at VR10, probably lower than what a character would be now after finishing Silver/Gold and yet can't find groups in Craglorn as few are doing the quests still and those few groups that are want VR12+.

Haven't tried the Undaunted Pledges yet but from what I've been told they are actually horrible for vet xp, much like PvPing in Cyrodiil, they also seem hard to get groups for unless your VR14 (at least the vet pledges).

So I'm just kind of stuck trying to figure out how I'm going to go from VR10-14, my initial guess would have been grinding spots in Craglorn or something but it seems those were just nerfed in the recent hotfix? Or are there still spots people grind for vet xp at a respectable rate?

Any tips would be helpful.
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    We have to wait for ZOS to release new content that people actually want. They are currently holding back the Imperial City so they can sell it as DLC.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I faced a similar problem the other day. My wife is V12 with Silver and Gold done. She logged on hoping to do some two player content with just the two of us as she doesn't like waiting around for groups. I told her we could go pvp or... yeah, pretty much nothing. She's having a small amount of fun sneaking around stealing off NPC's but from her perspective she has no way to get from V12 to V14 with the current content and her playstyle. Some will say she should go play another game and she very likely will which I find unfortunate.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now I'm stuck at VR10, probably lower than what a character would be now after finishing Silver/Gold and yet can't find groups in Craglorn as few are doing the quests still and those few groups that are want VR12+.

Any tips would be helpful.

I can get you two VR levels pretty easily. Go to the Public Dungeon in the last zone of Caldwells Gold for you and grind on VR10 mobs. Until you get to VR13, they will give you the full amount of dungeon mob exp (note, overland mobs are about 30% higher in exp than dungeon mobs, just more mobs in dungeons). I frequently gain two VR Ranks this way in a short period of time. In fact, this weekend, with Enlightenment, I gained 5 CPs in 500K of Exp grinding on some Dwemer Constructs in Stros Makai (sp?)

You can gain two more VR levels the same way, it will just take longer as you start to gain less exp when your more than two levels over the mob, but still enough to make it work in a reasonable amount of time. In fact, you could find a VR9 Public Dungeon and grind on that until your VR11 if you wanted to. Then go to the VR10 dungeon. That might make it work faster.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• snorg38b14_ESO
    snorg38b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    I can get you two VR levels pretty easily. Go to the Public Dungeon in the last zone of Caldwells Gold for you and grind on VR10 mobs. Until you get to VR13, they will give you the full amount of dungeon mob exp (note, overland mobs are about 30% higher in exp than dungeon mobs, just more mobs in dungeons). I frequently gain two VR Ranks this way in a short period of time. In fact, this weekend, with Enlightenment, I gained 5 CPs in 500K of Exp grinding on some Dwemer Constructs in Stros Makai (sp?)

You can gain two more VR levels the same way, it will just take longer as you start to gain less exp when your more than two levels over the mob, but still enough to make it work in a reasonable amount of time. In fact, you could find a VR9 Public Dungeon and grind on that until your VR11 if you wanted to. Then go to the VR10 dungeon. That might make it work faster.

Thank you, gonna give this a try and see if I can just grind it out unless I hear about something better before I get the levels.

And for the other two posters, yeah it does feel like can hit a brick wall. Hopefully this console release and the new content after fixes everything.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just recently I've noticed there's been quite a bit of chat in Craglorn, both for 'grinding groups' and for questing groups. I'm part of the Daggerfall Covenant though, so it may vary somewhat between factions, though I'd be surprised if it did a lot.

Also in Craglorn, if you did not know already, all but the timeline missions are repeatable, and many missions you don't have to have completed any prerequisites to begin.

Veteran dungeons undaunted pledging or otherwise, aren't that bad when it comes to experience. Though if that's the only reason they're being done I guess it might feel so. It's like time; it always feels to go slowest when you're constantly aware and watching it.

Finally why not ask your friends/guild if you could get together for a 'regular-ish' Craglorn adventure and work through the timelines/quests? Doesn't have to be all that official. Just have something you work on when all about and willing. Craglorn is a lot of fun, I hope everyone gets the chance to experience it.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch 1.6.6 states they increased XP from dungeons. Anyone tried?
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    ElliottXO wrote: »
    Patch 1.6.6 states they increased XP from dungeons. Anyone tried?

nope? they said they are exploring options, nothing changed wit h1.6.6
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    Just recently I've noticed there's been quite a bit of chat in Craglorn, both for 'grinding groups' and for questing groups. I'm part of the Daggerfall Covenant though, so it may vary somewhat between factions, though I'd be surprised if it did a lot.
    I'm in AD and Craglorn on the EU server was like a ghost-town over the weekend, no one doing anything but Trials at VR14.

My new VR10 is pretty much parked now, no palletable way to level .. grinding in a VR10 Public Dungeon is my idea of hell to be frank, I played grind-till-your-eyes-bleed games 10+ years ago, it got old years ago. I wouldn't be soooo bad if Enlightenment was real 'rested XP' but it's not.

Edited by Kragorn on March 10, 2015 8:25AM
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    roll a alt. till ZOS figures their end-game out, along with the dumpster fire LFG tool.
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well can't really help here as I grinded it and they nerfed it now. Just wait for the next grind spot to come along or work on finding your own.

I'd say dsa or vet dungeons but most groups will want a v12+. That v10-12 is a very rough time in the game that I think they really need to take a look at more. Especially since craglorn was supposed to be the answer for that but they straight nerfed the $#!t out of it.

your best way is to wait for the 17th get the sub for 10% incr XP, find a group of 2-3 ppl and find a spot that gives decent xp. We'll see over the next couple weeks if a new grind turns up. ZOS has taken a very aggressive stance on nerfing any grind however.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    I'm in AD and Craglorn on the EU server was like a ghost-town over the weekend, no one doing anything but Trials at VR14.

My new VR10 is pretty much parked now, no palletable way to level .. grinding in a VR10 Public Dungeon is my idea of hell to be frank, I played grind-till-your-eyes-bleed games 10+ years ago, it got old years ago. I wouldn't be soooo bad if Enlightenment was real 'rested XP' but it's not.

That's a real shame. Have you been asking in /zone for any groups? If not perhaps there are others out there like you and are just being quiet about it? That's sometimes the case.
    Don't you have any friends/guild-members that you can quest with or similar out there? Craglorn is intended as a very group/social orientated zone, which can make it tough when players are more 'lone-wolves'. What about asking about in the forums here in the guild recruitment section, or in-game for a guild of like-minded players? Lots of options, sometimes one just has to put in a little effort.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no solo contend after Caldwells gold is completed and that is a shame. So leveling after that requires group play which is not always that easy to find players to form a group. ZOS should of been putting out new adventure zone content instead of all the repeatable crap that is in the game now. How many times does a player want to do the same quests over and over in Craglorn? Or the undawnted delve repeatable quests or for that matter the trails. Even Cyrodiil is the same grind over and over again. Come on ZOS we need new solo adventure zones to explore so some solo leveling player types can enjoy the game beyond Caldwells quest line.
  • rome_killsit
    rome_killsit
    Soul Shriven
    Stop looking for grind spots on official forums! And definitely dont give away any grind spots here because eso will zap it
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    NecromancerCover_Springborg.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend