Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where to find killable livestock

mandrakethebard_ESO
I've been having a bit of trouble with something, so it occurred to me that I could get a question answered and help out a few people myself. The problem is this... where are good places to find the killable livestock for the Justice System achievements.

My Suggestions:
(1) Stros M'Kai is a good place to kill sheep and chickens. The fountain next to the marketplace has several easy sheep, and the small area at the bottom of the path leading from that spot to the docks is a good place to get chickens without being seen most of the time.
(2) Daggerfall. There is a pig farm east of the Mages' Guild that has several piggies just waiting to become bacon.

My Questions:
(1) Where do I find livestock Guar? I know where there are plenty of guar, but none of the ones I've looked into are appropriate for the Justice System achievement.
(2) Where do we find cows? I must confess, I simply cannot remember where I've seen them.

Thanks.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest... I don't know if there are cows in game.... Bunch of sheep on Khenarthis Roost, try Deshann or Shadowfen for Guar.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So mass sheep were put into KR, causing lag, simply for Justice players to get an achievement?

Really?

Great use of developer time ZOS. NOT.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malabal Tor has cows - I stealthily killed a couple there (and then got to hear from an NPC about how she was losing her herd).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    So mass sheep were put into KR, causing lag, simply for Justice players to get an achievement?

Really?

Great use of developer time ZOS. NOT.
    There have been sheep in Khenarthi's Roost since launch...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
    Pony Guar can be found north east of Stormhold Way Shrine in Shadowfen, just cross the bridge and follow the road.
    I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have livestock locations for Pact?

Particularly pig and cow.

I know Bleakrock had both, but once you leave that isle, so do the livestock, far as I can tell. And everywhere else, it's just guar and the occasional sheep or goat.
    Edited by farrier_ESO on March 18, 2015 12:45AM
    Yet another indie games programmer.
    Upvote the change you want to see.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have livestock locations for Pact?

I know Bleakrock had both, but once you leave that isle, so do the livestock, far as I can tell. And everywhere else, it's just guar and the occasional sheep or goat.
    Windhelm has a flock of chickens and I think I saw an ox nearby too.
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yup - looks like Windhem's great for the individual animal achievements. As well as the pickpocketing one - SO many "easy"s, wandering around drunk.

There's an ox in a cart as the junction just south of the enchanter station in Windhelm, and another with a couple of goats just to the west, as well as another couple of goats just east of it. There's a chicken coop just east of the smithing hall.

So that's the Ground Beef, Wicked Shepherd and Poultry Assassin achievements. Now just need Hog Killer...
  • Empty_Emotions
    A good place to kill hogs is in Glenumbra. Remember the quest for Swineherder Wickton and his prized pig Glutton?
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, good call, will try that!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the thread OP. I needed cow locations. Went to Bleakrock, but after the quests there, it is fully invaded still. Been killing livestock in western Craglorn. They respawn almost as soon as you turn around xD.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pony Guar can be found north east of Stormhold Way Shrine in Shadowfen, just cross the bridge and follow the road.

Can you be more specific? I found nothing.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Vexian
    Vexian
    ✭✭
    For anyone playing daggerfall, I there is an area in the first town in stormhaven that has about 3 or so cows ready to be turned into burgers. I think there are also a pig and sheep there too
  • CombatBeard
    CombatBeard
    ✭✭✭
    EP: There are a number of goats in Windhelm that are easily taken out without being seen. There are some Guar in Davon's Watch at the docks where you hand in low level writs.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any guar in the Daggerfall Covenant areas?
  • datbunneh
    datbunneh
    The most northern city in Rivenspire has pigs, goats, chickens, sheep and cows.

I am still looking for guars though. I'm originally from Covenant and have 4 first locations in Dominion open. Have not a single shrine in Pact territory. Please help!
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At Goat's Head Oasis in Alik'r Desert, near the wayshirne there are around 16 - 18 goats for the taking.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been searching as well, and I'm becoming pretty convinced that there's not a single Guar in the entirety of the Daggerfall Covenant.

And since AD is our Cadwell's Silver zone, I can't get to EP until Gold. And I'm not sure there are any Guar in the Aldmeri Domionion either...
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    I've been searching as well, and I'm becoming pretty convinced that there's not a single Guar in the entirety of the Daggerfall Covenant.

And since AD is our Cadwell's Silver zone, I can't get to EP until Gold. And I'm not sure there are any Guar in the Aldmeri Domionion either...

Have you tried porting to EP via guild? Not sure this is possible before completing main quest, but if it is, that is what you should try.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Divinius wrote: »

Have you tried porting to EP via guild? Not sure this is possible before completing main quest, but if it is, that is what you should try.
    I've tried. To my knowledge, it's physically impossible to enter the other two alliances by any means, until you've unlocked them via Cadwell's Silver and Gold.
  • datbunneh
    datbunneh
    Any fresh info?
  • wilsonirayb16_ESO
    The cows/pigs/chicken in Bleakrock aren't any good due to the unkillable NPC Denskar Earth Turner. Even when sneaking and stealthed, he still sees you 'kill' the livestock.

Other than Kenarthi's Roost, there does not seem to be any where else to grind out the livestock killer achievement for lower level players.

• Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, since owned Guar in the game appear to ONLY exist in EP zones, if you are a DC player, you can't get the "Guar Killer" achievement until you are on Cadwell's Gold.

That's super annoying, actually.
  • Mrchristian
    Mrchristian
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't found any guars,but there is definitely sheep,goats,pigs and cows in Northpoint in Rivenspire.hope this helps.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While you can find Pony Guar there, they are not owned by an NPC so they do not count for this achievement.

Edited to add: finally found a pony guar to count for the achievement in Kragenmoor (Stonefalls), just southwest of the tavern (auspiciously named "The Hissing Guar").
    Edited by Khenarthi on October 11, 2015 10:12AM
    PC-EU
  • NStunner
    NStunner
    ✭✭✭
    There is one Pony Guar before leaving the south-east gate of Davon's Watch city. You can cut it and get the Guar Slayer achievement.