The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vet DSA Leaderboard Scores

Khaer
Khaer
✭✭
Has anyone figured out anything regarding the formula for leaderboard scores for vet DSA? Something seems strange that so many have the same 20 point score.
Vokundein
Khaer - Elder of Legend Gaming
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us

• igohamnchz
    I'm sure it's a bug, I've completed it with barely any lives left and again with near 50 lives left, both of which received a score of 20.
    *Insert some raiding achievements that used to matter
  • ThatRedguardGuy
    Not sure of the exact formula, but after the has completed, the remaining lives and total time are then taken into account. 20 is essentially the minimum score, which can be achieved by having a slow time, having few lives left, or both. It is possible to finish with 0 deaths and get a score of 20 if you take 5 hours. Similarly, it's possible to finish with less than 50 lives left, but get a good score if you were very fast.
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    I can only hope its a bug, if the final calculation reduces your points you got up to that point you have exactly the debacle we currently have (or *** ton of people on same rank) it should allways ADD to your final score

wrote a /bug but so far no answer :(
  • Khaer
    Khaer
    ✭✭
    This is all similar to what we have seen and guessed. I would prefer a system that provides a bonus for fast times and remaining lives instead of what we appear to have. A big wad of people with the same score is neither informative or very exciting.
    Vokundein

• TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Current system actually seem to be nicely designed, it's not all about time or # of deaths.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TehMagnus you're wrong, it's entirely based on time, deaths add seconds to your time. In my opinion this is a HORRIBLE designed type of system for DSA and Trials. There is no skill going into DSA blazing through it and not giving a *** about how many times you die as long as you stack stamina builds and kill everything.

Don't even bother trying to say it's not based on time, already worked it out.
    #MOREORBS
  • Khaer
    Khaer
    ✭✭
    Last night we had an experience in Hel Ra that completely blew our minds. We completed twice, the second time with a large number of members who had not completed the trial. Our second run was an hour slower than the first, used 50 more lives, and wound up with a 2-point higher score. Both scores are bad, and are essentially consolation prizes, but there is no sense to why the one was higher than the other.

I seriously hope this system isn't working as intended because it does not appear to be what was advertised to us.
    Vokundein

• TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    @TehMagnus you're wrong, it's entirely based on time, deaths add seconds to your time. In my opinion this is a HORRIBLE designed type of system for DSA and Trials. There is no skill going into DSA blazing through it and not giving a *** about how many times you die as long as you stack stamina builds and kill everything.

Don't even bother trying to say it's not based on time, already worked it out.

I know it's based on time, but it doesn't look like it's only based on time & deaths, I did 1h30 - 10 deaths & got 4070 points then 1h12 - 2 deaths & got 5700.

Moreover ZOS clearly stated that synergies well used at the correct time also where taken into account in score calculation.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to give us a breakdown report at the end of the trials/dsa, because who knows how buggy their system is. For all we know it's filled with bugs, however this system design on time is horrible
    #MOREORBS
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TehMagnus I just did a 72minute run with 85 lives left, and got almost an 8,000 score. Hardly any synergies with stamina based class skills.

So yeah, want to explain how good the system is?
    #MOREORBS
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @TehMagnus I just did a 72minute run with 85 lives left, and got almost an 8,000 score. Hardly any synergies with stamina based class skills.

Well you did it as fast as me with more deaths and got a higher score.

:o what else is giving you extra points? This doesn't seem to be time & death based.

Way to kill your point.
    Edited by TehMagnus on March 16, 2015 10:41AM
  • Pash
    Pash
    Soul Shriven
    They need to give us a breakdown report at the end of the trials/dsa, because who knows how buggy their system is. For all we know it's filled with bugs, however this system design on time is horrible
    This is a verg good idea, so you get a hint on what you have to work.

Yesterday for example, we did SO Hardmode and get 504 Points... wtf for a Hardmode?!!
    Edited by Pash on March 16, 2015 1:27PM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TehMagnus wrote: »

:o what else is giving you extra points? This doesn't seem to be time & death based.

Way to kill your point.
    @TehMagnus my point is that we need a breakdown, it seems buggy. And I don't know, we did 2 stamina based dps and just ran through it not worrying about deaths.

It makes no sense lol
    #MOREORBS
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TehMagnus wrote: »

Way to kill your point.
    @TehMagnus my point is that we need a breakdown, it seems buggy. And I don't know, we did 2 stamina based dps and just ran through it not worrying about deaths.

It makes no sense lol

Would be nice if ZOS explained better how the leaderboard works but I supose if they wanted to, they'd have told us already :/
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it was based on time only, at least we knew why we are on a certain place on the Leaderboards. This new system is pretty unclear if you ask me.
  • ThatRedguardGuy
    We estimated that a death is equivalent to roughly 90 seconds extra (based on 5 VDSA runs with varying times and deaths). Speed is definitely a bigger factor than it used to be, but deaths still matter. If this is the case, the system makes perfect sense to me and I prefer it to the old one. It would be nice to have some clarification though.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ThatRedguardGuy have done 3 72 minute runs
    7 deaths, 7900 time
    10 deaths, 7933 time
    15 deaths 7980 time
    #MOREORBS
  • Aenlir
    Aenlir
    ✭✭✭
    Just got a no death run, 67 minutes, 8500 score..........
  • DrHarper
    DrHarper
    I did dsa with my static group last week.
    0 death. 1 hour and 6 minutes. We got 8600~ points
    Last night we did dsa with 8 deaths. 1 hour and 3 minutes. Got 9043 points
    How the hell it is NOT purely based on time? (2 runs with same tactic, synergies whatever)
    I think all you need to do now on arena is just stack as much dps as you can and just zerg everything avoiding all the mechanics. And boom you have 10k points.
    Edited by DrHarper on March 29, 2015 11:21PM
    From Tamriel with love <3