Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WIth the Crystal Shards morph which can proc an instant cast....question?

Sky Chancellor
Sky Chancellor
✭✭✭
My wife plays a sorc, is there a way to know when this ability (as the morph) will be an instant cast? I know there is a chance for it to proc, is there any type of signal to look for. I am asking for my wife, she is sort of just starting out playing and in particular using this ability.

Thanks in advance!
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife plays a sorc, is there a way to know when this ability (as the morph) will be an instant cast? I know there is a chance for it to proc, is there any type of signal to look for. I am asking for my wife, she is sort of just starting out playing and in particular using this ability.

Thanks in advance!
    If you pick up either "FoundryTacticalCombat" or "S'rendarr" these addons will give you visual ques as to when and how long your CF proc occurs/lasts. Just configure the settings to what you need.

Some other to think about:
    "combat log statistics"
    "combat cloud"

P.s. I'm currently not aware if the default UI gives a visual que for the CF proc. I think the skill on the skillbar lights up and there is an audio noise associated with that but I haven't turned off my addons to test if its provided by default.
    Edited by Cuyler on March 9, 2015 6:39PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Sky Chancellor
    Sky Chancellor
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

Thanks in advance!
    If you pick up either "FoundryTacticalCombat" or "S'rendarr" these addons will give you visual ques as to when and how long your CF proc occurs/lasts. Just configure the settings to what you need.

"combat log statistics"
    "combat cloud"

P.s. I'm currently not aware if the default UI gives a visual que for the CF proc. I think the skill on the skillbar lights up and there is an audio noise associated with that but I haven't turned off my addons to test if its provided by default.

Cuyler, awesome advice. Yeah, she noticed that I think the button lights up with white around it. She never said anything about a audio noise, that could be the case (she might just not be noticing it right now).

We both use Srendarr and I will make sure to check out her screen on how that is working out. If not I will try another add-on, I know that we also use CLS. I love Srendarr personally.

Thank-you very much!
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just a little heads up, all though the cast is instant, the cooldown after it aint, there is like a 0,25 delay before u can do any other skill cast
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler, awesome advice. Yeah, she noticed that I think the button lights up with white around it. She never said anything about a audio noise, that could be the case (she might just not be noticing it right now).

If you turn down or off the UI sounds in the Settings/Sound section, then you won't hear the indicators. ZOS has a lot of audible ques going on, but some can get lost in the noise of the game, even if they are turned up in volume.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks in advance!
    I just look for the purple glow on my hands (i play in first person) and i never miss a skill considering when using a staff your right arm is allways visible when casting.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Sky Chancellor
    Sky Chancellor
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, yes, she started noticing how Srendarr is helping her with noticing. I have a sorc that is just below vet level myself and ironically I've never used the morph (lol), I know. I hope the skill is something she likes. It can be tough finding a class and skill layout in this game for some reason (for a lot of people).
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks in advance!
    Cuyler wrote: »

Thanks in advance!

"combat log statistics"
    "combat cloud"

We both use Srendarr and I will make sure to check out her screen on how that is working out. If not I will try another add-on, I know that we also use CLS. I love Srendarr personally.

Thank-you very much!

No problem anytime :D

Yea I love S'rendarr as well. It allows you to move the buff tracker directly in your field of view on your HUD so you don't need to look down at the skill bar to see if it proc or not. Not to mention the time you have to actually launch an instant frag.

I think it's considered a "short duration buff" in the addon settings.
    Edited by Cuyler on March 12, 2015 4:23PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]