Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can the PC players play with the Console players on a PvE basis?

scoobotsb14_ESO
scoobotsb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi. A friend of mine was telling me that a Gamestop employee told him that if he owns the Collector's Edition, then he could play with the PC players. Is this true? Will someone please set the record straight? Thank you.

Best Answers

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No sorry
    Answer ✓
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats generally not the way mmo servers work, if it comes to console, it gets its own server, each console getting a separate server
    Answer ✓
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a dirty tactic to sell more expensive Collector's Edition.
    thats generally not the way mmo servers work, if it comes to console, it gets its own server, each console getting a separate server
    FFXIV has cross-platform servers.
    Answer ✓
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your answers, but why can't the mmo servers be setup to allow PC users and Console users to help each other out? I would think that would be great feature to have. Thank you.
    Prolly because consoles producers don't want to allow it. Sony is more agreeable, but Microsoft is usually very reluctant to cooperate in such situations.
    Answer ✓
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your answers, but why can't the mmo servers be setup to allow PC users and Console users to help each other out? I would think that would be great feature to have. Thank you.

console = controller + talk and the code isn't identical.

I believe some PC game owners can transfer to console user instead.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Answer ✓
  • scoobotsb14_ESO
    scoobotsb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by scoobotsb14_ESO on March 7, 2015 4:35PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Microsoft, and possibly Sony.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the different companies use different servers, its a issue of cost i think. im not the most knowledgeable about this, but i think micro$oft or $ony would charge ZOS for using their respective networks in that way. Most corporations wouldn't be willing to shell out cash for that kinda thing.

But like i said, not very knowledgeable about this kinda thing, i could be wrong. it could be for another entirely stupid reason alltogether
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just because they can't likely reach agreements with the other companies involved. I did like that Final Fantasy had some servers that crossed pc and console. I also wonder if it just makes plain sense to have it separate since there aren't many servers just NA and EU. Perhaps they don't want things bogged down once the console release comes out on the servers.
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums