Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About recipes.

Fruitmass
Fruitmass
✭✭✭✭
Was wondering, anybody know how recipes are supposed to drop now? I went looking through the patch notes and saw plenty of info on ingredients but not so much on recipes. Are they based on player level, zone level, provisioning skill?
Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    You missed one, Passive Perk Level ie "Recipe Improvement". Most of my characters have 2 points in Recipe Improvement with 50 Levels in Provisioning.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, okay I so 1 point in improvement I'll find recipes for lv 1-19, 2 points lv20 -29, 3 points lv30-39, ect. Thanks muchly, that clears things up.

*Well, no that doesn't seem to be the case either. Only 1 point in Recipe Improvement perk and I'm still picking up improvement 6 recipes. Bah!
    Edited by Fruitmass on March 6, 2015 12:41AM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL I never said that it was based on Recipe Improvement, I meant you'd missed putting it in the listed possibilities :D.

As far as I am aware it is controlled by your character level for containers and by the Zone Level for looted bodies. I haven't seen any indication that that has been altered.

# Edit: The material rewards (including recipes) for, and recipe requirement for, Writs were controlled by your Recipe Improvement Level.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on March 6, 2015 12:16PM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    the wriths drop them, in the reward you get. And there are still plenty of places to loot or steal them.
    I think, havn't looked in to it, they didnt change the system on how to find them .
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL I never said that it was based on Recipe Improvement, I meant you'd missed putting it in the listed possibilities :D.

As far as I am aware it is controlled by your character level for containers and by the Zone Level for looted bodies. I haven't seen any indication that that has been altered.

# Edit: The material rewards (including recipes) for, and recipe requirement for, Writs were controlled by your Recipe Improvement Level.

Oh don't laugh, I get confused sometimes :s

And to be fair with the wonky way provisioning was handled pre-patch, I wasn't ruling anything out. But yeah after going numerous zones and collecting roughly two dozen recipes what I'm seeing is that it seems to be in relation to the level of the zone.

Stros M'kai = Improvement 1
    Coldharbor = Improvement 4
    Rivenspire = Improvement 2
    Vet Rift= Improvement 6
    Bleakrock= Improvement 1

Note: all of these (except for Bleakrock, that was a lv6) were found on a v11 character with a provisioning rank of 23, 1/3 recipe quality, 1/6 recipe improvement.

Going to look around a bit more later to see if the pattern holds
    Edited by Fruitmass on March 6, 2015 1:23PM
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would vouch for the recipes in writs being random.

Reason:

Before patch 1.6 hit live I accumulated a fair amount of cooking supply sacks.
    When the patch went live and the new recipes a long with it I opened them and found a few new recipes ranging from green to purple. Some recipe rank 1, 2, 3 etc. some rank 6.

Some I didn't know and some I did.

For recipes looted from the environment I do not know.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    I collected a lot of recipes prior to v1.6 for 16 characters. I haven't played much at all this week and certainly did nothing with writs or searching. Having to revise the points of 16 characters from L10 to VR1 is quite exasperating. I was considering working on finding a purple for my VR1 as all the recipes she could use are now leveled above her. Now I'll have to risk the searching past the new system to find usable new recipes or do writs just to find a viable consummate recipe that she can use.

At least now I know I just have to search an appropriate zone.

• Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, went through a few more zones found a few more recipes. I was going to do it on the same character as last time but they've got a pretty big bounty and Stormhaven, Alik'r and Bangkorai have way too many immortal guard to make it worth the effort right now.

So switched to my EP character (v3, Provisioning 50, 3/3 Quality, 6/6 Improvement) and searched the zones that would be equivalent. The results still fell in line with what I expected.

Deshaan - Improvement 2
    Eastmarch - Improvement 3
    The Rift - Improvement 3

Out of ten recipes found in Deshaan I did find one Improvement 1 recipe which makes sense since Improvement 1 ranges from 1-19 and Deshaan is roughly 15-25. The majority however were Improvement 2. So yeah, it looks like recipes found from containers are related to region level range rather then the old 5+/- player level range.

Can't speak for recipes from writs though as I haven't done any since before the patch. They've always been more of a bonus to me so not my major focus. But hey if anybody else want to look into go for it, I'd love to hear what you find.