Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Justice System] Pickpocketed blue items & Bounty cap

mage49
mage49
I've got 2 questions:

Are pickpocketed blues(or higher) useful for anything, other than fencing? Some achievements similar to Trophies, or is there somebody to bring them to other than a fence?

Anybody know if theres a bounty cap? If so how much? If theres a realistic limit, I haven't hit it yet at 60k.

Best Answers

• kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was also wondering about the blue items as is it asks for confirmation to fence them, like they might have some other use.

Not sure about bounty cap but I know @lumithelock got his bounty up to 500k on the PTS so maybe he could answer that one?
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
    Answer ✓
  • lumithelock
    lumithelock
    ✭✭
    say my name was mentioned :P as far as i could tell there was no cap got over 700k at one point but the thing is paying for that sucks you can achieve the same goal with a smaller bounty if you pickpocket carefully. but the items of blue green and purple are just for gold i never cam across one that is usable for something the whites you can usually get cooking mats.
    Answer ✓
  • mage49
    mage49
    Yeah, I've just been plowing through while pickpocketing. The way I figure it, I'm a v14 vampiric nightblade. If somebody sees me picking their pockets, it's THEIR fault I have to horribly horribly disembowel them. I figure when it comes time to bleed the bounty off I'll just loot a bunch of stuff without getting caught and let the guards kill me. That seems to take a decent enough chunk out of the "Lets Kill Lord Kain" fund.

The blues are what I figured, that warning/prompt throws ya off though. As far as a bounty cap, maybe its like 1 mil, or it could just be an insane number that just caps it for coding sake.

Thanks for the help :)
  • lumithelock
    lumithelock
    ✭✭
    yea if you want i made a video about it for my guildeys for information https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJOT_FzpzXU
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    yea if you want i made a video about it for my guildeys for information https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJOT_FzpzXU

This video was really helpful in understanding this. I was having a really hard time of understanding it.
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    I recently spoke to someone with 28 million bounty. There doesn't seem to be a cap..
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • Smeeboo
    Smeeboo
    ✭✭
    I think they put the confirmation thing in for players like me who actually submitted a feedback ticket on PTS asking for some type of notification. You cannot do "buyback" on fences like you can with normal merchants. So if you make a mistake, and you actually wanted to keep something, your fate is sealed. Since this functions differently than the expectations set by normal interactions with merchants, I suggested via in-game feedback that they make that more clear to players. In fact, what I suggested was that they make it so you can buyback in the same way you do at a merchant. But, it appears ZOS's approach was instead to add a confirmation prompt.

Think about this, my first purple stolen item for the achievement was a purple racial motif I got from an owned urn. I would've been VERY sad had I accidentally sold it to the fence for a pittance while hyper-clicking through my stolen inventory, with no opportunity to buy it back. So I think it makes sense.

In answer to the OP - I don't think the stolen "lore" items have any purpose outside of fencing for cash. I do know several folks who are collecting the interesting or funny lore items - of which there are plenty. :) But, I do wish the game would track them in some way - either through a collectibles achievement or perhaps through something akin to eidetic memory. They are lore pieces after all and I do wish I could enjoy them for longer without having to sacrifice my inventory and bank.