Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Where to find Cheese?

Inco
Inco
✭✭✭✭
Maybe I'm dense or just way unlucky, but I can't seem to find any.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
  • barmarchub17_ESO
    It may be one of those items that is available only from a level 3 provisioning hireling, like tomatoes, and oats used tobe.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shivering Isles...

On a serious note i found i had about 150 of it in my bank when i logged in earlier, not sure what it used to be.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome.. thanks all. I'm sure someone has a conversion table some place.
  • Valmond
    Valmond
    ✭✭✭
    giants at Rift have them at their camps.
    not lot of them, but can find a couple every now and then just from north east of Riften
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where do I find Eidar Cheese?

Level 6 writs include level 1 recipes, and I have no idea where to get the ingredients. The "conversion" failed, and while the idea that "old" ingredients could be sold did bring in cash the money cannot be used to buy the replacement ingredients.

I can't even steal the stuff because I don't have a clue where to find it!
  • Whilhelmina
    Whilhelmina
    ✭✭✭
    Cheese was barley before the patch.

Here is the items conversion list:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cHriIA840EBJITNyMMy249WQDbrcKFIoUq9gE-SO1nw/edit?usp=sharing
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really struggling to find cheese as well. Only seem to find them(rarely) on top of someone else's dinner table.

It's apparently the new Barley, also why some people have stacks of cheese in the bank right now. Thing is, I could randomly loot Barley in 1.5, from barrels, sacks and such. But I cant seem find cheese that way.

Is it intended/unindented? My bad luck and lack of looting skills? Zone related? Someone solve this mystery.
  • gwillard_ESO
    gwillard_ESO
    ✭✭
    Over the past few days I've gotten some from Hireling deliveries as well as Crafting writ returns
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I yelled at Sheogorath during the Circus of Cheerful Slaughter quest. Do I want some cheese? YES GIMME.
    And then he chides me for not eating cheese with him. Because you didn't give me any, you horker.

Cheese is the only item I haven't found laying around yet, which is okay since I'm really close to just needing the level 30 small game, corn, salt rice combo for my recipe. Maxing out the extra servings skill line is pretty much essential for getting the most out of ingredients now, whereas the relative abundance of 1.5 made it more of a perk.
    signing off
  • redwoodtreesprite2
    Hollow City in Cold Harbor. For now at least, until they decide to make everything steal there as well. :(

There is a guild store stand near the wayshrine, usually has a bunch of cheese on spikes.
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    I've only found cheese randomly on tables as well.
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the Provisioning Writs. The character turning in the Writ does not have to make the goods. So, a high level Provisioner could make the items and give them to the Alt. I have 5 characters that Provisioning regularly, 3 that do it sometimes. I am rolling in Provisioning Materials after a week. Even Cheese.

Also, Prov Mats are reasonable in the Guild Kiosks now, so now you can buy what you need without taking out a loan from Tony Two Times, as in charges interest two times.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Do the Provisioning Writs. The character turning in the Writ does not have to make the goods. So, a high level Provisioner could make the items and give them to the Alt. I have 5 characters that Provisioning regularly, 3 that do it sometimes. I am rolling in Provisioning Materials after a week. Even Cheese.

Also, Prov Mats are reasonable in the Guild Kiosks now, so now you can buy what you need without taking out a loan from Tony Two Times, as in charges interest two times.

Thank you for this info - I have recently started doing more writs.
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    almost every delve has cheese on the tables its not found in boxes often. tables are covering with it in mage guild quest for some reason shayogorath likes cheese.
  • Naor_Sarethi
    Naor_Sarethi
    ✭✭✭
    Ye want CHEESE? I suppose ya want to be emperor as well eh? Did you really think a daedric prince would so easily part with his favourite food? Well pray to the God of madness and he might turn ya into a skeever :) Cheesesupply for life ! until you get eaten that is....
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    Wow - I didn't think about a cheese shortage, my focus pre-update was Guar Eggs (became Pumpkin) and Capon Meat (became Red Meat).

Red Meat ended being a false alarm - my vet14 kills enough Alit in Stonefalls quickly enough. It remains more hassle than Game/Small Game/White Meat/Poultry but I can adapt.

Pumpkin remains a mystery - I refuse to pay 150g per and I haven't had the time to tag pumpkins to my map yet.

But Cheese? I had close to 1,200 Barley before update. Stuff wouldnt even sell for 25g per stack (I tried, really, no takers)

Cheese may be like Pumpkin - it only spawns where it has a toon presence.

Hmm, need to do some screenshots and determine what the heck I am actually getting from crates and barrels as I loot the cities for their provisioning materials whilst looking for the new recipes. Just need to screenshot the launder screen after selling all the "personal" items.
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheese in cities is almost non existent. I found it 2-3 times only last four days of playing. But rate in the dungeons is better. Find any bandit lair or dungeon or delve, clean it up and check the tables and sometimes containers. Usually they are on the tables. But I found decent amount of them in boxes too.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Some merchant stalls have cheese you can steal.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to have good luck stealing it on the Shivering Isles. Did the devs add more cheese there or just my random luck?

sheogorath_cheese-shirt_sarenia_zps271d944d.jpg~original
  • global_gbb16_ESO
    global_gbb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cheese can be found in the "Cheese Sacks" (in Skyrim mammoth cheese) next to where the giant's congregate.

Any location with giants that have their camps + cheese caches.
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    Feynn wrote: »
    Some merchant stalls have cheese you can steal.

There's a guild trader just outside of Shornhelm(?) (Some large city in Rivenspire...) that has nothing but large pikes FILLED with cheese in his stall.
    Screenshot_20150316_221248.png
    Cheese is not at all an issue...
    Edited by Firestar_ on March 17, 2015 2:16AM
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • TheVindelator
    TheVindelator
    ✭✭✭
    Why does the daedric prince of madness love cheese?

There's nothing more sane than loving cheese.

Especially sharp cheddar.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does the daedric prince of madness love cheese?

There's nothing more sane than loving cheese.

Especially sharp cheddar.
    Cause he used to be the god of Order but was cursed, the only part of him which stays the same between swapping from the god of Order to the god of Maddness is his love for cheese.

Nothing can take away your love for cheese!

• Terminus1
    Terminus1
    ✭✭✭
    I find cheese pretty frequently. In almost all of the cities you'll find cheese on the tables of houses and inns.

In a LOT of the human inhabited delves you will find cheese on the tables located within.

Did you know that there is actually a pumpkin farm in Stormhaven? Pumpkins you can harvest all over the place...
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Find mammoths, find giants- they have cheese in vats. Unfortunately its not mammoth cheese like in Skyrim, but it does the trick for cheese recipes all the same.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do I find Eidar Cheese?

Level 6 writs include level 1 recipes, and I have no idea where to get the ingredients. The "conversion" failed, and while the idea that "old" ingredients could be sold did bring in cash the money cannot be used to buy the replacement ingredients.

I can't even steal the stuff because I don't have a clue where to find it!

Eidar cheese is just cheese and it is often laying around cooking areas and camps and houses - look for the triangles and steal them.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terminus1 wrote: »
    I find cheese pretty frequently. In almost all of the cities you'll find cheese on the tables of houses and inns.

In a LOT of the human inhabited delves you will find cheese on the tables located within.

Did you know that there is actually a pumpkin farm in Stormhaven? Pumpkins you can harvest all over the place...

I tried to pick any of these and got no E - is this fixed now?

Also go fishing by going behind the Undaunted Enclave in Stormhaven on the grass there and chain pull and kill dreugh. Or buy fish from me for 500-700g for 25! :-P
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also hit the dreugh boss - usually 10x fish there!
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    still need to know where cheese is? i know a place where you get tonnes.
  • krulerb14_ESO
    krulerb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The taverns are full of fromunda cheese.
This discussion has been closed.