The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Minimally obscuring head gear

goatlyonesub17_ESO
goatlyonesub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
During character creation, many of us spent a lot of time perfecting our pretty faces, only to be "faced" thereafter with a choice of either covering most of them up with massively encasing head gear or else doing without the extra armor, trait, and enchantment bonuses that come with wear.

So. Therefore. I propose that alternative smaller-size alternative head gear become craftable. A tiara hat, for the light-armor wearers, for example. TES V Skyrim had these. They provided no armor protection, but you could enchant them, and in ESO they'd have traits. (The gemstone used for the trait could be the centerpiece of the tiara.)

But the main issue is looking our best. Let our beauty shine through the gore as we slay the monsters and spatter the blood of the villains.

"Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
"Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
"I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
"A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
"Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
"Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you know that there's an option in settings to hide your headgear? You can be wearing the biggest, ugliest, most face-covering helmet in the game, getting all of the benefits from it, and still see your pretty face!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one character, the first one I made that is downright fugly, not bulldog cute-ugly either. He is always sporting a helmet, and a Bosmer or Breton one at that that covers his face.

All the other characters I check the box that says Hide Helmet in game play options. This is also a nice feature for when you want to level an alternate armor, but have a consistent look. I use the Helm for say Heavy on my otherwise Light Armored character. I also use a Medium Belt for leveling as the belts look pretty much the same.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    This is also a nice feature for when you want to level an alternate armor, but have a consistent look. I use the Helm for say Heavy on my otherwise Light Armored character. I also use a Medium Belt for leveling as the belts look pretty much the same.
    Funny thing you should say that... That's the main reason why I use the Hide Helmet feature. I've got a couple of characters who are primarily heavy armour, and they've got light belts, and medium helms, with the helms hidden so that they maintain the consistent look I want. I've also got a couple of characters who are primarily light armour, and who use the exact same setup you describe.
    Edited by UrQuan on March 5, 2015 1:33AM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Redguard is ugly as sin and a vampire to boot, so I always make her wear a helmet to avoid looking at her face. I don't know why I created her this way.
    Options
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I didn't know about the hide-the-headgear setting. I'll try it out once I have finished downloading ESO-U6, which will be sometime next Sunday. I never have the best stuff. Slow connection. Slow video card, can only play on minimum setting and troll attack spam makes me skip frames. If I ever get enough money saved up I'll buy a Geforce GTX 970. I sure envy the rich kids to whom these expenses are trifles.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I ever get enough money saved up I'll buy a Geforce GTX 970. I sure envy the rich kids to whom these expenses are trifles.

You can spank this game with a $200 video card. And, this monster just got dropped in price by a half

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11230-00-20G/dp/B00IZXOW80/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1425598439&sr=1-1&keywords=video+cards

I might even have to order this one for myself. 179 for a R9 280? Smokin.....

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options