The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the best thing to start out for crafting?

PyroGamesInc
PyroGamesInc
Soul Shriven
So I just recently started playing Elder Scrolls Online (As in within the week) and I am wondering what a good crafting skill would be to do for the newest patch. I am playing a Imperial Templar and I am part of the Aldmeri faction. I kinda started blacksmithing but I don't think I could really consider it a start so my question is what is a good skill to do in general and also what are the best skills for being able to make some money?
Thanks!
Like Watching Streams?
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Best Answers

• Elamia89
    Elamia89
    I would say that the best professions to learn is the ones that you need on the char. For example: My nightblade wears medium armor and daggers --> I need clothing and blacksmithing to be able to do my own gear :)

The esiest way for me this far (lvl 30) is to farm materials and sell, and to go through EVERY backpack, dresser etc to get provisioning recipies and (if you're lucky) racial motifs. I made very good money very fast with that technique :) But I had the luck to find the Imperial motif the first I did ;)

As for some random stuff. If you're going to go farm to get money, I would recomend putting skill point in "keen eye"; for example "Keen eye: Cloth". Then it will be much easier for you to find what you're looking for :)
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind as your leveling your character, your not going to have much in the way of skill points to invest in crafting until your in the high 20's or low 30's. Even then, being an expert crafter at those levels is difficult if you also want to be deadly. By the time you are in the 40's, 2 or even 3 craft lines is possible, but I would be in the VR ranks before taking on 3 or more craft lines.

However, it is possible to be deadly and crafty if you limit your self to one craft line in the early levels. First thing you have to decide is, do you want to wear Medium or Light Armor, or Stamina or Magic based Templar. I would concentrate on either Leather or Cloth at first, then just the weapon(s) you want to use.

It is also important to know 2 or 3 traits for each item you want to make so you can make some crafted sets. Nice thing is, you only need to know 2 or 3 traits to make gear that can carry you to Veteran Ranks. Focus on getting the 2 or 3 on each piece before you start learning the 4th trait. This way you can have the traits you need in a couple of weeks. Then, after that, continue with the 4th , then the 5th then the 6th traits in everything before you start the 7th and 8th. This way you can make the nice 6 trait gear in a month or two.

You can buy traited items in the guild stores or kiosks, or have a guild mate make them for you. The level of what you research does not matter, the trait does. So, a L1 researchable is just as good as a VR14 for research. Don't spend more than 200 gold on a researchable, although you might have to go as high as 400 or 500 on some items if you don't have the time to look.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
    Answer ✓
  • PyroGamesInc
    PyroGamesInc
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you both very much! I look forward to getting to higher levels and crafting some awesome gear!
    Like Watching Streams?
    Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Research and deconstruct everything you find, even if you don't use that particular craft. You don't need any skill points to do it. Invest points in max 2 crafts, you don't have enough points to do more at first. Pick your armor and weapon crafts or armor and some consumable (provisioning or alchemy).

[quote="Nestor;1602878"

However, it is possible to be deadly and crafty if you limit your self to one craft line in the early levels. First thing you have to decide is, do you want to wear Medium or Light Armor, or Stamina or Magic based Templar. I would concentrate on either [/quote]
    Arent you forgetting about tanks? :)
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two most important things are to level up all the skills and to learn traits. Then at veteran levels you can decide which professions you "turn on" with skill points. You can always reassign skill points. But if you don't have the skills and traits, all you can do is just legendary iron daggers.

You might consider creating immediately two characters: one crafter and one fighter. In the end you will create a new trial expert toon because it is way more easier to level up a fighter than top crafter. If you play PvP, i really suggest this because currently PvP ranks are even slower to get than crafting traits.

On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options