The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hierling Question: Tempers, Aspect Runes, & Skills

GreyRanger
GreyRanger
✭✭✭
I have searched and could not find an answer, sorry if my googlefu has failed. In resetting my skills I could not recall the following:

A while back the theory was that temper drops were determined by your research skill in the relevant skill. I found subsequent posts that said that the research skill theory was superstition and that all that mattered was hireling skill. What is the current theory on what skills if any govern the quality of tempers provided by hirelings?

Similarly, what is the current theory on what skills govern what aspect runes your hirelings bring (I have taken if for granted that it is aspect improvement)?

PS Wouldn't be cool if Zeni just documented mechanics like this?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enchanting: Hireling + Rune Extraction
    Others: just Hireling

I've gotten plenty of Dreugh Wax on a character with zero researched traits and poins in Clothing except Hireling.
    GreyRanger wrote: »
    PS Wouldn't be cool if Zeni just documented mechanics like this?
    What madness!
    Edited by Rosveen on March 4, 2015 4:01PM
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prior to 1.6, all my mules had the 3 Equipment Hirelings, all at L2. The two Master Crafters had L3 hirelings. I used to get a nice selection of tempers. But still after 7/8 months of all these hirelings I just now have enough gold tempers to make a legendary set of gear in Metal and Cloth or Leather (but not both).

I did get my first round of post 1.6 hireling emails last night, weird as I did not expect the first delivery until today. I got 5 Greens and Blues, 3 Purples, and 1 Gold.

I did not get a Kuta, which was quite common with 1.5, on my Enchanter, but I am going to give that one a week or two to see what's up.

One thing I will say, the Provisioning Hireling, esp at higher provisioning levels, gives a bunch of mats. Like 20 stacks, and 6 of them. I have two provisioners at L50, the rest are too low to even get the first hireling, so not sure what the lower tier hirelings get in that scheme.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

Bummer, I already messed up on my two bank/crafter mules. I put the extra points in Aspect improvement since that made sense to me as what would govern aspect runes. Are you sure it is extraction and not aspect improvement?

Thanks for the info either way.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreyRanger wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »

Bummer, I already messed up on my two bank/crafter mules. I put the extra points in Aspect improvement since that made sense to me as what would govern aspect runes. Are you sure it is extraction and not aspect improvement?

Thanks for the info either way.

Ironically, its Extraction that increases the Kuta Chance from Hirelings. You would think it would be Aspect Improvement, like every other craft line is. If your mules are like mine, they probably only have a few skill points, so respec is not expensive. Of course my mules are all L4 to L6. Only my Enchanter has a Hireling.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, will adjust
    Options