The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

will there be archers in 1.6.5?

Fadingo
Fadingo
alright. so i am a pure bow, pure stamina in the previous world.
and wondering, that archer numbers are possibly going up, ruining my specialtiness of being something that theres very few of.

so, how do you think the balances turn now?

i mean, you cant change class, so is it possible for people to jump into being an archer?
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fadingo wrote: »
    alright. so i am a pure bow, pure stamina in the previous world.
    and wondering, that archer numbers are possibly going up, ruining my specialtiness of being something that theres very few of.

so, how do you think the balances turn now?

i mean, you cant change class, so is it possible for people to jump into being an archer?

you must have significant problems with you eyes not seeing the hordes of bow users out there, so you definatly should visit your local occulist.
    Edited by Tankqull on March 4, 2015 11:44AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the amount of archers might go down slightly from 1.6 onwards if only because of the changes to buffs and melee becoming stronger.

But not really on any particularly noticeable scale.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Fadingo
    Fadingo
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    I think the amount of archers might go down slightly from 1.6 onwards if only because of the changes to buffs and melee becoming stronger.

hold on. melee becoming stronger?

two handed sword is already like 80% stronger than bow. how is that balanced?
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because risk vs reward. Melee should be stronger vs ranged for balancing purposes and I'm surprised so many people don't understand this. Ranged has a 100% uptime on attack and dps potential, where melee needs to be in melee range to keep up his dps.

I know the counter-argument - "but melee has so many gap-closers". Which is true, but they only have 22 meter range while ranged attacks have 38 meters and a well played ranged character can keep that distance almost indefinitely through kiting and creative use of the terrain.

Bows are still strong, just don't let a melee player hack away at your face. The days of face-rolling as a bowturd is over.
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lethal Arrow, Radiant Destruction and Wrecking Blow are the three dominant damage skills in Cyrodiil now. So, yeah - archers have a role in PvP at least.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2h is 80% stronger than bow?

Not sure what game your playing, 2h is strong, granted. But 80% stronger?

Time to lay off the skooma.

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Fadingo
    Fadingo
    kijima wrote: »

alright, calculations:

v9 norm greatsword 134 dmg
    v9 norm bow 113

uppercut takes 0.8 second, fair to add 25% more to take it to 1, as with snipe.

2h is now at 167
    bow 113

add 20% extra to 2h for that one perk.

now its at 200.

it however, doesnt end here.

so its 76% more powerful at this stage.
    see, you were wrong.

i think, the best course of action, no matter the build, is to use 2hander to reach to vet 15, then recap.
  • morvegil
    morvegil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 2H and Bow....testing now. Bow seems to be better.
    Lo'ke
    Nord Vampire
    Nightblade
    Shield+BOW

Daggerfall Covenant
    Bandit King
    Bridge Bandits Guild
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There will still be archers in 1.6, possibly less due to the fact we can all finally become full on beasts with full on melee characters(2H ftw:D)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

alright, calculations:

v9 norm greatsword 134 dmg
    v9 norm bow 113

uppercut takes 0.8 second, fair to add 25% more to take it to 1, as with snipe.

2h is now at 167
    bow 113

add 20% extra to 2h for that one perk.

now its at 200.

it however, doesnt end here.

so its 76% more powerful at this stage.
    see, you were wrong.

i think, the best course of action, no matter the build, is to use 2hander to reach to vet 15, then recap.

2H does that much more damage than bow because someone using 2H has to literally charge up to their enemy and hack away at them. Melee players are taking more risks than ranged players are; and, because of this; melee players should do ALOT more damage than ranged players.

Heck i think 2H should do even MORE damage than it does. I think uppercut and its morphs should only be blockable by a shield:/
    Edited by Cody on March 5, 2015 8:41PM
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I certainly see Bombard + Eruption + Scorched Earth becoming a more common combo among Dragonknight archer spec's. I've done a very substantial amounts of damage using it with Volcanic Rune and Shooting Star to a group that had yet to learn AoE caps ain't what they used to be. I ensured they were properly educated. My Bow setup is built for capitalizing on the Dunmer Racial Flame Affinity and Ardent Flame World In Flame passive. Always been a bow user, and 1.6 has removed the handicap I've had to grow accustomed to for being one. It's certainly vastly more viable now than it ever has been before.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a sad day when DK's are making better archers than NB's... Here we go again. lol @ ZoS.

Bow has been Nerfed across the board. Perhaps average users aren't feeling it as much but if you've min maxed and used spell buffs previous to 1.6 you can bet you're feeling it. Almost everything that buffed damage and crit has been slashed in addition to bow damage AND damage from stealth. Combine all that with some buggy stuff going on with bows right now and they are the most unreliable weapon in the game at the moment.

Bow builds are hurting. Stam NB are gravitating to to 2H and DW with bow as an afterthought. Or they are just switching to their DK and Templars for over the top DPS with Mitigation. All in all there are some great things happening with 1.6 but NB Stam Bow builds are taking it in the shorts...again.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First shot off from stealth, with mark target I'm hitting for 19K with lethal.

Is that not okay...
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    First shot off from stealth, with mark target I'm hitting for 19K with lethal.

Is that not okay...

I'll answer what many not-so-intelligent players are crying througout the forums no matter what:

NURF RADIANT DESTRUCTION!! Nurf it!
  • Deviante
    Deviante
    ✭✭
    I can still destroy a player with my bow the same way I did in 1.5. With a weave of lethal arrow heavy attack and a proc of camo hunter all hitting at the same time followed by a poison injection it is easy to take someone with under 25k hp down in under 1 second.
    The difference is now as a nightblade if you survive the intital assault rather than thinking oh *** and running, I can weapon switch to 2h and go toe to toe with you as well.

• Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Lethal Arrow, Radiant Destruction and Wrecking Blow are the three dominant damage skills in Cyrodiil now. So, yeah - archers have a role in PvP at least.

One of those is an ultimate while the others can be used anytime guess which one?