The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

- = Hodor Guild Presents: Sanctum Ophidia Speed Run/Hard Mode = -

TehMagnus
TehMagnus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Heya'll,

Here's the video of the speed run and Hard Mode

We hadn't posted the SO video before because we didn't want a strategy we used on the serpent to be known (let us know if you see which one ;)), and the HM because we wanted to let other guilds complete it as well without being "spoiled" by our tactic.

Speed Run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq-gGNYBe3I

Hard Mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4rZDPp-acA
Edited by TehMagnus on March 4, 2015 8:33AM
  • BEZDNA
    BEZDNA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Good job!
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hard Mode posted nao.
  • andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess the "easy" part of hardmode starts @ 15:00 :smiley: Was fun to watch :smile:
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well done!
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome
    Pedin i phith in aníron, a nin ú-cheniathog

• Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    izi! See you in 1.6 :D
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    GJ guys, maybe its obvious to you guys but how do you kill trash+mantikora in 7min? sadly the vid starts after that :(
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    Hey :)

thx4 the vid, we are using a bit different tactics (in 1.5) but I guess in the end it comes down to you guys having/doing more dps than we do :dizzy:
    (altough to be fair u havent killed him in 7min there *evil*)

keep up the good work :)
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »
    Hey :)

thx4 the vid, we are using a bit different tactics (in 1.5) but I guess in the end it comes down to you guys having/doing more dps than we do :dizzy:
    (altough to be fair u havent killed him in 7min there *evil*)

keep up the good work :)

Nope we didn't, we weren't trying to either since it was the runs for the Hard Mode ;). I think @xMovingTarget has the full video with manticora kill included, you can find it in his youtube Channel, I can't access youtube from work else I'd put his video here.

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »
    GJ guys, maybe its obvious to you guys but how do you kill trash+mantikora in 7min? sadly the vid starts after that :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCQ3jDvWlsM

There you go!
  • igohamnchz
    Very nice! Is the time for your manti kill the video time +12 seconds?

I believe there is a highlight of our Manti kill for speed runs on our twitch, there may even be a screenshot of our hard mode completion with a time of 177 minutes around somewhere as well...
    *Insert some raiding achievements that used to matter
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    igohamnchz wrote: »
    Very nice! Is the time for your manti kill the video time +12 seconds?

I believe there is a highlight of our Manti kill for speed runs on our twitch, there may even be a screenshot of our hard mode completion with a time of 177 minutes around somewhere as well...

Thanks! :)

I think I heard some people talk about your manti killing tactic saying we should give it a try because you killed it with only one hole, but couldn't find the video ^^. (Post above yours has the manti killing btw)
    Edited by TehMagnus on March 9, 2015 2:01PM
  • igohamnchz
    Yeah i watched that video and was wondering the time on the manti kill.

Ours is under the highlight section of our twitch, here's a link.

*Edit - I guess I don't know how to post links on the forum, but you can go to twitch.tv/thepurpleguild to see it. Its called 27m Sanctum Strat, under the highlights section
    Edited by igohamnchz on March 9, 2015 2:04PM
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

*Edit - I guess I don't know how to post links on the forum, but you can go to twitch.tv/thepurpleguild to see it. Its called 27m Sanctum Strat, under the highlights section

Nice! I'll check it out tonight! :)
    Edited by TehMagnus on March 9, 2015 2:07PM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ahh, the good old kite the dragon. Yea, overall you get better DPS on the mantikora that way. I like how you guys kite em up the stairs in the end to skip run time :smiley:
    Edited by xMovingTarget on March 9, 2015 2:12PM
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really wants to watch the video now >_< damn twitch for not working on smartphones
  • igohamnchz
    Not sure if it was to skip run time, though it would be nice if it worked out that way. Others on the NA server thought we found a way to skip something in the trial to get a 27m time, so we thought we'd make a video of killing him with only using one portal as a way of showing we don't need to skip anything. Whether or not we did it that way on our 27 minute run is yet to be confirmed lol.

Pretty impressive you made it through two double manti phases on the serpent hard mode video, I didn't think it could be done.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if it was to skip run time, though it would be nice if it worked out that way. Others on the NA server thought we found a way to skip something in the trial to get a 27m time, so we thought we'd make a video of killing him with only using one portal as a way of showing we don't need to skip anything. Whether or not we did it that way on our 27 minute run is yet to be confirmed lol.

Pretty impressive you made it through two double manti phases on the serpent hard mode video, I didn't think it could be done.

We had OP Healers :p (edit: And all our DKs AOE to kill manti anyways, so 1 or 2 aint much difference in what needs to be done) but yeah, first reaction when seing an op time is usually asking if people are skipping stuff, I myself have been guilty of thinking it :sweat_smile:
    Edited by TehMagnus on March 9, 2015 2:30PM
  • igohamnchz
    I think other NA groups that were attempting it didn't try to make it that far after falling behind on the dps marks for each of the phases to be able to kill him before double manti's. Maybe that video will encourage them to get back to trying.

We also had a theory that maybe ZoS would nerf that part of the trial and not have double manti phases on hard mode, luckily we never had to find out
  • igohamnchz
    We also had no deaths on the first pink bubbles, so the fight ended at the second lamia phase after that. We never got to second manti, or second pink bubbles, on our 27 minute run. We were playing with the idea of going in again and speeding up the trash pulls to shave off a couple minutes, but after hard mode the group pretty much stopped getting together. We are missing 2 healers and a couple of our strong dps from the group now, so it might be a while before we try to post a strong score for completing HM SO with the new leaderboard system.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We also had no deaths on the first pink bubbles, so the fight ended at the second lamia phase after that. We never got to second manti, or second pink bubbles, on our 27 minute run. We were playing with the idea of going in again and speeding up the trash pulls to shave off a couple minutes, but after hard mode the group pretty much stopped getting together. We are missing 2 healers and a couple of our strong dps from the group now, so it might be a while before we try to post a strong score for completing HM SO with the new leaderboard system.

Same for us, we wanted to try to shove of a couple of minutes but some of our DPsers either quit or took a break, same for the healers :/.

And now with the CP debacle, don't really see the point of trying to compete in a system where CP eclipses skill. Might end up PVPing while waiting for new content...
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    TehMagnus&xMovingTarget thanks guys, much appreciated