Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game launcher

Emid
Emid
✭✭
I have this funny problem with my launcher and I thought maybe some of you had it too so you can help me. Basically when I run the launcher the only button I have is "Repair" and if I click on it launcher crashes. I am on windows 8.1 at the moment. Did any of you had the same problem? Is there a solution for it. I tried all solutions I found in google and nothing worked so far :(
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be a couple steps ahead... Ive done the repair n downloaded 30 more gigs and now getting fatal client error upon hitting play :(
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG!!!! Its wanting me to download another 31gigs????????? Ill unsub before that happens. Sorry eso
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is every problem encounted with this game so freaking EXTREME beyond measure?
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    ok so it sounds it's not only me having this problem. I started to think maybe it something only I do wrong. Still no clue what to do with it :(
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno but ive got 95gb cap on my internet that just reset 3 days ago and il alrdy at like 65!!! If i download again its gonna start costing me hundreds... Its very much not worth it for me anymore
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    what I do to play at the moment is I found eso.exe file and click on it. that brings me straight to the ingame login page... but it doesn't download any patches so it's a pain in the neck in the situations like now when we have a new patch and I need to run the launcher to download this patch... but flipping launcher doesn't want to work properly and I'm in trouble. I may end up uninstalling the game and installing it back after the patch is live. just frustrating, that's all.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear ya.. I just spent 8hrs downloading it twice only to find it still wont load the game.
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    I think I am going to do full unistall and start downloading it all again :( I think this is the only option for me to get this new patch to be downloaded since the launcher doesn't seem to want to work with me. Maybe fresh install will fix the problem? Let's see.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck.. I have 27 days to come up with something to spend my time with
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    Try to start the game with this exe file - maybe it will work for you?
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried that n same error... Im trying one more repair and hoping by morning shell be workin.. Im DYING to kik some azz ;)
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    you probably tried Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe if you were asked to repair. What I ment was eso.exe which doesn't open the launcher at all - it goes straight to the game. I won't download anything though so if your game files are incomplete or you want to download the patch - it won't work... and here comes my problem because I want to download this patch and I can't since launcher doesn't work :(
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i tried the eso.exe file manually.. Same crash.. Something got botched when i acidentally closed the launcher durring the 1st 5gigs of downloading and needed a repair so i did the repair n downloaded another 31gb and its still crashing so doing one more repair as we speak
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    oh man... your problem seem to be even worse than mine. sorry and good luck! I love the game so it's worth any effort we put in it to make it work :)
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeh i love it. Jus wish i could get in alrdy. Its been a long torturous day lol
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    Ok... so after reinstall and repair launcher still doesn't work - now it shows me pop up informing that the eso servers are under maintenanceo4ixd3x.jpg
    I checked online - servers are not down :(
    I don't really know what to do with it. I guess I will keep using eso.exe to play the game :(
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe try using the FAQ:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25964/kw/launcher%20maintenance

Make sure to run the launcher as admin. Also, are you trying to install from the DVD? Use the launcher version from the website instead.
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    I did exactly as in this support article and the problem remains :( I play ESO for some time now and I wouldn't complain at all really because I keep using eso.exe and it's all fine as long as there's no new patch. I need to download a patch via launcher and here comes back the problem because it doesn't work :(
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    Oh I forgot to add if I close that pop up for about 2 seconds it shows "updating" after that all buttons disappear
    SsJBU5r.png
    Edited by Emid on March 4, 2015 10:16PM
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    ok I've found the solution. not perfect but it works and apparently not only for me. Basically I found this here http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/81466/launcher-stuck-at-loading
    I've installed ultrasurf as one of the users advised and IT REALLY WORKS!!