The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 6 is Here!"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Update 6 is Here!"

Be sure to check out the article for a look at what Update 6 has to offer, including a new video and wallpapers!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • xXLEGIONofONEXx
    xXLEGIONofONEXx
    Soul Shriven
    Hey, that video looked amazing! One question though: What armor was that argonian thief wearing? it had a blue tabard that looked insanely cool.
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving the update so far, but I do have one question. What actually caused the rating change and, now that you have it, do you plan to exploit it, increase the game's level of violence, drugs, sex references, etc? Elder Scrolls is a cruel and undoubtedly filthy universe. I would love for ESO to take full advantage of that.
  • AureateRN
    AureateRN
    ✭✭✭
    I am so happy to admit I was wrong about the rating change! I was told much of the new game was an effort to cater to ESRB in order to prevent that Mature (kind of like a film R) rating, but apparently I was wrong and ZOS realizes that if the rating does anything it's just going to attract more players, not fewer. The "point and say I want" kids will still get it, and more mature players will assume (oh SO wrongly) that the game has a more mature player base. All that said:

From now on if I don't read it myself and if it's not green on the forums I'm not believing it.

ZOS actually did the right thing by refusing to ...or wait. Is that what that silly armor change was all about? A belated attempt to soothe the Puritans and Mormon Soccer Moms who think "their" boys are saving themselves for marriage as they practice-float their way through Brigham Young prep? "Never mind all the violence, we covered those navels!" Nah...

All joking aside, I really am iced about that armor change; it was my favorite light armor and the replacement piece looks as if it came from an Amish American rag pile. It's just flat out boring, ugly, boring, ugly and boring. But for ZOS not bowing down to the dim-witted censors at ESRB, I'll put up with a great deal of nonsense. It's not like lack of aesthetic choices is something new or different.

In fact, out of gratitude and as a show of good faith, I shall in all likelihood not organize that "bra and panties only in towns" protest of the enforced modesty/ugly armor for female players after all.

Just please, ZOS, don't start making us wear burkas hoping that will appease someone. (Really thought burka had an h in it somewhere...)

I would be blissfully happy if some way could be found to actually enforce the M rating, but even I am not that much of a dreamer. Kudos anyway, ZOS! Viva la Resistance!

I think I'll be continuing both subscriptions AND purchasing Crowns as well. This kind of move/nonmove deserves support! Guess it's still safe after all to continue buying the game as my "go to" present.

/dancebreton

(edited for spelling/grammar)
    Edited by AureateRN on March 5, 2015 5:46AM

"...people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed."
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche~

• justsammich
    justsammich
    Soul Shriven
    Good God. I hope it's not just me. I've had this running two nights straight to download the patch and it's only at 7%. The first time I downloaded the game, it took approximately 7 hours.
    Am I the only one that gives my characters background stories?
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the update is really good so thank you, bugs I have noted so far.

The significant increase to getting gold mats for refining materials does not exist in fact I am getting less by a large margin. This was to offset the hireling nerf which was really nerfed.

Horses just stop mid run I think there is the tiniest of things like a rock that it's sensing but then other times its just a patch of grass. It does it using retreating maneuvers and without. I was in cyrodil. Happened a lot more than 20 times in a four hour period.

Radiant oppression has a light spaghetti that trails to the person but no longer hurts them. I have to cast another spell or get really far away.

The lag in Cyrodil (thornblade) is the very worst it has ever been.

The new animation for the new Alliance war bomb thing can cast time up to 10 seconds, not 2 as intended. Just hangs there sometimes it fires and sometimes just hangs there happened at keeps and open field battles. Happens almost every time I fired it.

Respawn on chests, cotton, runes, nerfed to the ground was this intended?

Enlightenment does not work and it only last a few seconds then shuts off I think I already know how to keep activating it though so it will be exploited as I found out by accident. But not actually useful. It should also tell you when it shuts off. I turned it on before turning in a quest... wow can be exploited easily. I went from a new weapn and went from 1 to 4 and could now morph it on brawler.

I crafted a bunch of VR 5 food before the update and its gone, gone gone, where did it go?

That is it for now I have few others but want to research it before offering feedback.

I had no add ons, I removed them all before the update I did not disable them I removed them, so that is not the issue.

Thank you,
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • CoOokie
    CoOokie
    Soul Shriven
    Quick question - will you make wallpapers available in 2560x1440 resolution? Would love to set it as my desktop on my iMac.
  • mazokugirl451
    mazokugirl451
    Soul Shriven
    Good God. I hope it's not just me. I've had this running two nights straight to download the patch and it's only at 7%. The first time I downloaded the game, it took approximately 7 hours.

I feel your pain...I'm at 3% and it's been...a long time. I just want to play the game now that I finally have time off from work...is that too much to ask??
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭

@justsammich, yes i am experiencing this exact same thing! :persevere:

STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
    http://storm-cats.weebly.com/
    [Snowsong is using ROG G752VS on NA server.]
  • Faythsrequiem
    Faythsrequiem
    ✭✭
    While I'm loving that my characters can now feed off of/steal from/kill friendly NPC's (made one specifically to be a thief in Thieves Guild, and another to be a vamp assassin for Dark Brotherhood, both of which I have been waiting for what seems forever for) and that there's consequences for doing so, as well as liking the champion point system, and so far the changes to the skill lines seem to be okay, the one thing that I really hate about this update is the new Wailing Prison starting area. I decided to make a new toon and see what changes had been made, and wish I'd never even bothered. Everything and anything that had been interesting or enjoyable seems to have vanished. I understand trying to make it easier for new players, but it seems like handholding overkill to me. I guess I was one of the few people who actually liked the way it had been in the beta, where you actually got to chose your weapon, had more NPC's to interact with or fight, were able to interact with and loot things (a ton of more things compared to what it is now) to get stuff and where you actually had something to explore other than open space. But it is what it is now, right? I just won't be playing through the beginning ever again if I create anymore characters.
    "Anything worth having is worth working for. Anything worth working for is worth sacrificing for. Anything worth sacrificing for is worth dying for."
  • chaosdreamer13b14_ESO
    chaosdreamer13b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I didn't see in the patch notes about a fix that was needed for the templar aedric spear charge ability. There was a bug that caused you to be stuck in animation unable to do anything. Luckily this only happened to me when I was grouped with other people cause I could still take damage. The only way to become unstuck was to log out and log back in. I know I wasn't the only person with this problem.
  • Ghostmourn
    Just wanted to jump on here and say this is probably the best patch I have experienced in years on playing online games.

Well done and thank you!
    Edited by Ghostmourn on March 12, 2015 7:33PM