The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Differences in enchantments

Djeriko
Djeriko
✭✭✭
Would someone explain the differences between poison and disease runes. Does one do better against a different enemy or do they have secondary effects that make each unique?
"When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • eterpage
    eterpage
    Soul Shriven
    In runes, there is very little difference.

Occasionally you'll find someone who has resistance to one and not the other. Like werewolves are 50% more vulnerable to poison, so that's often a good choice on the off chance you encounter one.

In single player Elder scrolls some things are some creatures that are resistant to just poison, whereas there are fewer that are resistant to disease and not poison. I'm not sure if it's the same for ESO though.

The only reason I'm sure disease might be good, is that no one in their right mind would put disease resistance on their armor. Like if you had a choice between disease or poison, while you may encounter a werewolf in pvp, you might also encounter someone who knows stacks poison res because of that one fighters guild ability. But with disease you can be pretty sure when it says it's going to deal 20 damage, it's going to deal 20 damage.

Also there's the role playing aspect of it. As a night blade, it tends to make more sense that I use poison rather than disease.
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disease has a chance to apply a healing debuff.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

@Djeriko Just like this person says. Disease weapon runes does disease damage which has a chance proc a healing debuff which is good to stop players or mobs from healing them self quickly. While poison weapon runes does poison damage which has a chance to proc a dot poison effect that slowly lowers health. So Disease can reduce healing while poison can reduce health over time.
    Options
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses guys, that actually cleared up a lot of confusion. Happy Hunting!
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
    Options
  • jvh808
    jvh808
    ✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

@Djeriko Just like this person says. Disease weapon runes does disease damage which has a chance proc a healing debuff which is good to stop players or mobs from healing them self quickly. While poison weapon runes does poison damage which has a chance to proc a dot poison effect that slowly lowers health. So Disease can reduce healing while poison can reduce health over time.

@Djeriko
    Along with the DoT effect of the poison, there are some set bonuses which give bonuses also like these 2..

5/5 The Morag Tong: Your attacks cause targets to take 15% more damage from Poisons for 5 seconds
    3/3 Poisonous Serpent: Light or heavy attacks against a poisoned enemy have a 20% chance to cause [x] Poison Damage.

I hope they do add more unique effects to the weapon glyphs because they seem stale to me =\
    Edited by jvh808 on March 3, 2015 4:49PM
    Options