The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Watch your step.

Xexpo
Xexpo
✭✭✭✭✭
So I was running up these stairs at Blue Road Keep and...

dqPgHOm.jpg

It was nothing special, a normal push up the stairs,
thought I saw some ..enemies.. coming up behind us, I turned to look ...
and I thought I heard the Meteor Ult noise (but who knows with the sound bugs :/ ) so I held block and roll dodged up the stairs...
and then boom 8500 fall damage and I was moved from the top of the stairs to the middle tier floor of the stairs ...
Dead lol (by a lot)

Seems like a weird bug, is this a known thing with Meteor?
Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    You must have hit block a microsecond too late and the knockback threw you down the stairs :/
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    destructive torch from destro staff, will be fun to use now, 28m range and kill people from fall damage :)
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported a problem where I charged someone on the stairs of a keep and fell through the floor. Instant death skydiving and was reset to base camp.
    Perhaps this is an attempted fix ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't just happen in PvP, i had a similar fall death coming down the stairs from the way shrine in Shornhelm (with no other damage obviously, just the fall.) I think it has something to do with lag and the environment not fully loading. But yeah as laggy as Cyrodiil can be stairs are OP. Nerf stairs!
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fall damage is real and not a bug. Using the drop of meteor ulti on those at top stairs or keep is not a bug either, rather a very effective tactic.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    I reported a problem where I charged someone on the stairs of a keep and fell through the floor. Instant death skydiving and was reset to base camp.
    Perhaps this is an attempted fix ?
    This is a real bug. Fall damage from a meteor ulti knocking you off of stairs is not a bug.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    It doesn't just happen in PvP, i had a similar fall death coming down the stairs from the way shrine in Shornhelm (with no other damage obviously, just the fall.) I think it has something to do with lag and the environment not fully loading. But yeah as laggy as Cyrodiil can be stairs are OP. Nerf stairs!
    Nope it's wai...
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    The fall damage is real and not a bug. Using the drop of meteor ulti on those at top stairs or keep is not a bug either, rather a very effective tactic.
    but I only fell a few feet, certainly not 8500 points of damage worth...
    If you look closely you can see that I didn't fall far from the top of the stairs. (and it was more of a glitchy teleport than an actual animated fall)

Everyone can jump off ledges and cliffs twice that size and take 1/5 of the damage.

Seems legit
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Love the hint :)
    Yet another indie games programmer.
    Upvote the change you want to see.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was a certain red group and the lag was present, you died because the server registered you in midair for longer than it appeared you fell for.

Its their new exploit.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin