Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

ESO Advanced Mapping Concept

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of being able to annotate the maps, but I hate the idea of any fog of war being got round by Crown Store purchases. You either reveal the land by exploring it, or you don't have fog of war in my view.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I like the idea of being able to annotate the maps, but I hate the idea of any fog of war being got round by Crown Store purchases. You either reveal the land by exploring it, or you don't have fog of war in my view.

You know @Tandor , I completely agree... but I follow a small set of rules when I post ideas on this forum. One of those rules is:
    • Never Remove any of ESO's current features

If I suggest changing a feature, I try to include a ways for players who likes how it is now to keep the feature how they prefer it.
    Edited by Gidorick on April 30, 2016 2:06AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All i want is a spyglass emote to complete the pirate outfit!
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    All i want is a spyglass emote to complete the pirate outfit!

How about the ability to bury treasure Ra'Shtar?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/150629/player-driven-treasure-hunting-concept
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

You know @Tandor , I completely agree... but I follow a small set of rules when I post ideas on this forum. One of those rules is:

If I suggest changing a feature, I try to include a ways for players who likes how it is now to keep the feature how they prefer it.
    So you make the fog of war optional by means of a toggle in settings, that keeps the game's current map feature as it is for those who want it that way, rather than changing it in such a way that the existing feature can be reinstated only through a Crown Store or ingame purchase. Annotation is, of course, something that by definition is purely optional anyway.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you make the fog of war optional by means of a toggle in settings, that keeps the game's current map feature as it is for those who want it that way, rather than changing it in such a way that the existing feature can be reinstated only through a Crown Store or ingame purchase. Annotation is, of course, something that by definition is purely optional anyway.

mm... perhaps that would work for existing maps @Tandor but if ZOS were to go all in on this concept (which they, of course, they aren't going to) The existence and usefulness of the Cartographers would be dependent on being able to complete writs for exploring all of the map and "completing" the map.

I guess there could be specific dungeons in which this mechanic is not optional where, if you want the map revealed, you either have to buy the map from the Cartographer or map it yourself.

I don't see there being a problem with maybe even the person that you interact with first to get to the DLC offering you a map before you even go there. That would make a lot of sense.

"By the way, Would you like this map of (insert zone name here) for 100 gold?"

If you accept, you reveal the map. That could work quite well.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cool idea +1. I always feel like I have missed things in every zone and this would help out a lot.
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crown Store
    In the Crown Store players should be able to buy for Crowns:
    • Map Packs that include a Zone map with city and dungeon maps.
    • Cartographers Eye for each zone that shows ALL points of interest in the zone. (Skyshards, Treasures, Lorebooks, Etc.)
    • Charcoal & Eraser Packs (5 sets)
    • Stamps & Wax Packs (5 sets)
    In Game Cartographers
    Each city, at least the larger cities, should have a cartographer that can offer the following for gold:
    • Revealed Zone Maps
    • Individual city maps
    • Individual dungeon maps
    • The location of Treasures/books/materials/etc in a zone
    • Individual Charcoal & Eraser sets. Each set lasts 1/2 as long as the sets included in the packs sold for Crowns.
    • Individual Stamps & Wax Sets. Each set lasts 1/2 as long as the sets included in the packs sold for Crowns.
    • Cartography Writs
    latest?cb=20120507124953

At the Cartographer, players should be able to purchase gold purchasable items, as well as having a tab for Crown Store purchases, giving all players the freedom and flexibility to buy maps and accessories in whatever currency they wish to spend.

Thoughts?

Is that monkey island?!
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crown Store
    In the Crown Store players should be able to buy for Crowns:
    • Map Packs that include a Zone map with city and dungeon maps.
    • Cartographers Eye for each zone that shows ALL points of interest in the zone. (Skyshards, Treasures, Lorebooks, Etc.)
    • Charcoal & Eraser Packs (5 sets)
    • Stamps & Wax Packs (5 sets)
    In Game Cartographers
    Each city, at least the larger cities, should have a cartographer that can offer the following for gold:
    • Revealed Zone Maps
    • Individual city maps
    • Individual dungeon maps
    • The location of Treasures/books/materials/etc in a zone
    • Individual Charcoal & Eraser sets. Each set lasts 1/2 as long as the sets included in the packs sold for Crowns.
    • Individual Stamps & Wax Sets. Each set lasts 1/2 as long as the sets included in the packs sold for Crowns.
    • Cartography Writs
    latest?cb=20120507124953

At the Cartographer, players should be able to purchase gold purchasable items, as well as having a tab for Crown Store purchases, giving all players the freedom and flexibility to buy maps and accessories in whatever currency they wish to spend.

Thoughts?

Is that monkey island?!

bouthan.gif?3
    Erm, ah... uh... hmmm.. yea @joshdm2001 . It is. :grin:
    Edited by Gidorick on April 30, 2016 9:23PM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options