Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Question] about Content Expansions in Crown Store

NotSo
NotSo
✭✭✭✭
Firstly, correct me if I'm wrong: after the crown store goes live, all the future content expansions will be sold via the Crown Store so you would have to buy crowns before buying expansions.

[QUESTION]: Will the crowns earned via monthly subscription be able to buy the content expansions, or are they restricted to consumables and vanity items?

I ask because, as I am currently unsure about the going rate of cash to crowns versus $15 monthly to 1500 crowns, I had previously thought that I would be almost completely wasting money to keep a subscription but if I can also buy the expansions using only my subscription then I wouldn't have to worry about losing all my content via ending my sub after I've capped on champion points.
Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Slightly incorrect, not all content patches will require purchase. Core game-related patches and content will still be free, though we don't have a fully defined idea of what that means.

2. Crowns are Crowns. So yes, you will be able to use your Crowns to buy DLC, regardless of whether they come from your monthly subscription allowance or direct purchase.

EDIT: Grammar.
    Edited by Ixtyr on February 28, 2015 5:30PM
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion