The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Returning (again) for b2p, loving eso, but some questions and requsts..

winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
Hey everyone, I've come back to eso in time for b2p, and im just at the point where the awesome parts of eso bite in and really enjoying the game. I do have some issues though which hopefully people can help me get clear.. In no particular order:

- Now that Zenimax no longer makes money the longer it takes for us to do something, the crafting research system seems extremely punishing. It does take a while to fully get it, and its a brilliant system once you do, but the time (and inventory management overhead) of the extreme times and limited research slots now only functions as an inhibition to get into the excellent system. Money for zenimax is no longer tied to calendar days so wouldn't it be good to get this changed (even a research bank??).. enjoying a system is more valuable post b2p.

- Now that there is endgame content and the champion system, does it really make sense to encourage players to do the other factions storylines for "endgame?". I'm sure there are many reasons why that's dumb, but the personally the main one i can see is it upsets the idea of alts. It just doesn't make sense to have the possibility and attraction of another class in complete conflict with endgame for your main requiring the content that a new alt is supposed to do. The questing in eso is probably the best in the business, but from a few restarts myself it looses its shine on the 3rd repeat. Again since there is no sub, and no calendar day requirement for money, encouraging a potential 12 bad content playthroughs is probably worse than 3-4 more wholesome ones, as far as the experience goes?

- I really hope the cash shop takes off to help fund the game in a fair and equitable way. If i could put some requests in:

Could we at all get some kind of lantern something that creates a light for night time? Something along the lines of a lantern mod like this one.. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17416/? If that is too hard, maybe make a special horse? Some games do it by a minipet, eg rift http://rift.zam.com/wiki.html?v=201474.. that pet creates a dynamic lighting bubble as it follows you around and also functions as a great torch. The flame bugs from morrowind could make a good choice?

If we can get some kind of item or emote that lets us stop and pitch a campfire or tent for rp purposes would also be great.

That's all really. I personally dislike the general armor style but am getting used to it. Its not really inspiring anything awesome. Fits the lore sure but that's the ONLY reason why its okay.

Having a great time in the game and just wanted to throw that out to people and hopefully might spark an idea or two for zenimax to explore. Thanks for reading.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The crafting system wasn't meant to keep you subscribed. It was meant to make master crafters a rare commodity. If you want to be good at crafting, then you'll need to put in the time.
    2. Cadwell's Silver/Gold have been a point of contention for some time, and hopefully the removal of VR (in the future) and the addition of more adventure zones will give people more choice in that area.
    3. Sure, light sounds neat.
    4. This is the Elder Scrolls Online, not Standard-Terrible-Over-the-Top-RPG Online. The armor styles don't look as "inspiring" because (with the exception of some of the Undaunted sets) they're meant to look at least somewhat plausible as armor. There are plenty of games with pauldrons the size of full-grown men, and there's no need for a well-established franchise to ruin their aesthetic by imitating those games.
    ----
    Murray?
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    1. The crafting system wasn't meant to keep you subscribed. It was meant to make master crafters a rare commodity. If you want to be good at crafting, then you'll need to put in the time.

4. This is the Elder Scrolls Online, not Standard-Terrible-Over-the-Top-RPG Online. The armor styles don't look as "inspiring" because (with the exception of some of the Undaunted sets) they're meant to look at least somewhat plausible as armor. There are plenty of games with pauldrons the size of full-grown men, and there's no need for a well-established franchise to ruin their aesthetic by imitating those games.

Well, that's the thing, I can't see how players are putting in the time for the crafting game, all you have to do is log in for a few seconds, then (formerly) remain subscribed while the timer ticked down. That doesn't seem like gameplay to me. It seemed just a little to obvious what it was trying to do there...

Yes I must say that the style of the game is completely subjective from the designers to us, that's perfect, but my subjective would be to get a little more inspiring armor. To balance flashy/sexy armor to fit the universe is up to the skill of zenimax, better than not trying.... Completely subjective though yes!

• c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Now that Zenimax no longer makes money the longer it takes for us to do something,

The longer you play eso, the more times you goto the crown store and buy something. Nothing has changed.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @nerevarine1138, the research timers are to limit the number of "master crafters" not to keep you subbed. It's not that difficult to find research items anymore, a quick shout in zone \ guild chat or perusing some guild stores will get you your next research item pretty cheap (possibly free). You shouldn't have to fill your bank with items you're saving for research.

Cadwell's Silver \ Gold were actually requested by some players during the beta who did not want to roll an alt to play the other story lines. I like that they're available in that manner, but I don't like that they're required for levelling. I don't think that was ZoS' original intention, it's simply the way things evolved. Regardless of intention, they're pretty much required for levelling, ZoS needs to make alternatives.

Torches \ other light sources are a nice idea, although I guarantee you once they're implemented there will be whining about people using them in banks \ crafting areas \ dye stations. I still like the idea, but someone will find fault with it.

More emotes - bring 'em on! I personally don't do much with them, but if other people like them I say let they party begin.