The Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 are now available for testing on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

Sorc: Xv1 Unkillable Sorc- Video

Jahosefat
Jahosefat
✭✭✭✭
I encourage all AD sorcs to harass more mounted EP zerg trains. I’ve prepared a brief tutorial on the subject:



I call my build “The Speed Tank”. It’s very low damage but near 100% mitigation.
(For the lols, I thought it was too funny not to share ;) ).
Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That video could be a study in the necessity of Dark Exchange.

    You could have trolled them so much harder.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a serious post?
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    Is this a serious post?

    I was mildly entertained, watching a Sorcerer streak isn't that boring, one of the more flashy skills
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

    #FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

    Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    Is this a serious post?

    Of course not :) I guess people didn't get my joke/the humor of the situation :(

    The train was at least in part an organized group, which turned when a member got knocked from their horse. Maybe you didn't notice zone chat after the group chased me across the front, here is a transcript:

    Person 1: around 20+ at fare farm side
    Person 2: OK….. 35 EP turned up
    Person 2: FARE side wall
    Person 3: holy moly FARE
    Person 4: wipe them push out
    Person 3: FARE FARM SIDE
    Person 4: u have respawn
    Person 4: go out together
    Person 4: others will be there soon

    Shortly after the group was wiped by mostly pugs chilling out in Fare :) I thought it was hilarious, and had to share.

    "Don't Chase the Sorc", and this build was in no way optimized to do this.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

    Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jahosefat wrote: »
    TheLaw wrote: »
    Is this a serious post?

    Of course not :) I guess people didn't get my joke/the humor of the situation :(

    The train was at least in part an organized group, which turned when a member got knocked from their horse. Maybe you didn't notice zone chat after the group chased me across the front, here is a transcript:

    Person 1: around 20+ at fare farm side
    Person 2: OK….. 35 EP turned up
    Person 2: FARE side wall
    Person 3: holy moly FARE
    Person 4: wipe them push out
    Person 3: FARE FARM SIDE
    Person 4: u have respawn
    Person 4: go out together
    Person 4: others will be there soon

    Shortly after the group was wiped by mostly pugs chilling out in Fare :) I thought it was hilarious, and had to share.

    "Don't Chase the Sorc", and this build was in no way optimized to do this.

    Yeah, I put two and two together, realized you weren't built for kiting when you ran out of Magicka so quickly hitting Streak, still, it was a funny video to watch the whole train turn.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

    #FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

    Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like to stay just out of bow range of these groups and troll them lol, they have learned not to chase me anymore. i wish people in these groups would be braver and come out of there zerg and try and 2v1 me or 1v1 me, but no such luck. i guess they dont want to be on youtube or something.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted this because (other than making me laugh a lot) I think what I did in that video is why sorcs have stayed a "one-trick-pony" in terms of rolls. Simply put it is hard to balance around bolt escape and its morphs. Now don't shoot the messenger or take this the wrong way, I love streak and would be very sad to see it go. But I can see why it is hard to buff our heals, tanking, or give use some class melee when we are able to kite so well when we aren't even using that good of a kiting build (like me in the video :)).

    The joke is that the closest thing a sorc can come to a 1vX is an Xv1 where it is basically a fox hunt. If we are supposed to be the kiting class then I think we should have the longest range. I'm fine with moderate damage if I can stay out of range with kiting while doing damage. A long time ago people were throwing out this term "speed tank" when talking about why the sorcs didn't have heals or a good tank; they would mitigate damage by avoiding it with high mobility.

    Well running away can be fun (like in the video :P) but our ability to do so is crippling our class diversity. I don't know what they should do about it, but I think it is something we should talk about.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

    Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jahosefat wrote: »
    I posted this because (other than making me laugh a lot) I think what I did in that video is why sorcs have stayed a "one-trick-pony" in terms of rolls. Simply put it is hard to balance around bolt escape and its morphs. Now don't shoot the messenger or take this the wrong way, I love streak and would be very sad to see it go. But I can see why it is hard to buff our heals, tanking, or give use some class melee when we are able to kite so well when we aren't even using that good of a kiting build (like me in the video :)).

    The joke is that the closest thing a sorc can come to a 1vX is an Xv1 where it is basically a fox hunt. If we are supposed to be the kiting class then I think we should have the longest range. I'm fine with moderate damage if I can stay out of range with kiting while doing damage. A long time ago people were throwing out this term "speed tank" when talking about why the sorcs didn't have heals or a good tank; they would mitigate damage by avoiding it with high mobility.

    Well running away can be fun (like in the video :P) but our ability to do so is crippling our class diversity. I don't know what they should do about it, but I think it is something we should talk about.

    I don't think you really had enough people chasing you to prove much of anything about our class to be honest. Your entire magicka bar was spent running and you were never in a position to actually kill anyone so there is nothing to really balance around there.

    In a few months regardless this kiting playstyle is going to be impossible to do as every player will be able to surround you while mounted and even if you tag them you wont be able to knock them off their horse until they're right on top of you. Until then, it is admittedly fun, but it is also very easy to ignore you as well, or just send 1 guy to neutralize you while the rest of the zerg carries on.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i like to stay just out of bow range of these groups and troll them lol, they have learned not to chase me anymore. i wish people in these groups would be braver and come out of there zerg and try and 2v1 me or 1v1 me, but no such luck. i guess they dont want to be on youtube or something.

    Yeah I've been finding it harder and harder to get the same. I can't find an honest 3v1 to save my life... It's always like 4 or 5 in a ball with a damned templar spamming his entire mana bar on keeping me eclipsed ) =

    I still pull a few tricks out of my sleeve and will kill 1 or 2 but it takes far too long to do that and before I can kill the rest, the first has already come back. It just doesn't make good footage ) =
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a few months regardless this kiting playstyle is going to be impossible to do as every player will be able to surround you while mounted and even if you tag them you wont be able to knock them off their horse until they're right on top of you. Until then, it is admittedly fun, but it is also very easy to ignore you as well, or just send 1 guy to neutralize you while the rest of the zerg carries on.
    Yeah I've been finding it harder and harder to get the same. I can't find an honest 3v1 to save my life... It's always like 4 or 5 in a ball with a damned templar spamming his entire mana bar on keeping me eclipsed ) =

    I still pull a few tricks out of my sleeve and will kill 1 or 2 but it takes far too long to do that and before I can kill the rest, the first has already come back. It just doesn't make good footage ) =

    That is kind of my point (I'm glad others could make it for me :) ) and where I'd hoped we'd get to.

    1.) Not many people really like watching Sorcs run forever and hope to eventually get a couple of kills or thinks it is cool.
    2.) The cost of streak has nerfed kiting to a point that limits the already limited build diversity and gearing options.
    3.) Kiting big groups is becoming much harder once everyone gets the warhorse passive.
    4.) There is very little incentive towards small group action in Cyrodiil where kiting sorcs can shine; hopefully this gets better with aoe cap changes and magicka detonation but we will see.
    5.) And sorc is pigeon-holed into kiting/mag which is becoming more and more irrelevant as the game evolves.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

    Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    TheLaw wrote: »
    Is this a serious post?

    this is what you call a face palm post.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like to stay just out of bow range of these groups and troll them lol, they have learned not to chase me anymore. i wish people in these groups would be braver and come out of there zerg and try and 2v1 me or 1v1 me, but no such luck. i guess they dont want to be on youtube or something.

    I used to love baiting one to three to leave group. I would use my resources prudently while they burned theirs chasing. I would then turn around and nuke them. Good times. Miss the days before everyone was spamming reflect.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

  • Lord_Bidr
    Lord_Bidr
    ✭✭✭
    Jahosefat wrote: »
    I encourage all AD sorcs to harass more mounted EP zerg trains. I’ve prepared a brief tutorial on the subject:



    I call my build “The Speed Tank”. It’s very low damage but near 100% mitigation.
    (For the lols, I thought it was too funny not to share ;) ).

    I was about to hit the LOL button before I realized that forum's been nerfed. Nevertheless, LOL.
    ~ The brightest lights often cast the darkest shadows. ~
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs have always been pretty good at running away.

    Generally, running away awards relatively few AP and contributes little to your faction. But, it's awesome at producing angry 'nerf sorcs' posts ;)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade
    Goblin Gro AD Templar Healer
    Misfitz (RIP)
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Sorcs have always been pretty good at running away.

    Generally, running away awards relatively few AP and contributes little to your faction. But, it's awesome at producing angry 'nerf sorcs' posts ;)

    The whole concept of "Running away" is a misconception.

    Most Magicka sorcs who don't want to simply charge in and blow their resources, die, and repeat don't really have many options to stay alive, especially if they don't have a healbot supporting them. Magicka sorcs can't fight toe to toe with *any* class when the player playing the class has real skill.

    A DK has the stamina sustain to tank multiple players and use block when he is focused. A Night blade has stealth and cloak (to a somewhat lesser extent) but they have some amazing zerg-tanking abilities as well. Templars have the best shield and heals in the game but are easily the least defensible class unless built specifically for it.. A Sorc's only real defense is to shield stack or to avoid damage altogether by using their mobility to "outrange" the incoming damage. When a sorc is "Running away" he's often just trying to set up a fight where he has a chance to succeed. If you bring a ton of people with you to kill a Sorc of course he's going to "Run away", no different than any other class using their best defenses in the same situation. No player is going to die for the sake of dying.

    A sorc drawing out a group of people, draining their stamina is no different than a DK wearing down your health and stamina by repeatedly invasion-spamming and flame-whipping you. We're forcing you to expend you resources in the same way. The chief difference is you can typically ignore the sorc if you're in a group situation.

    If you want to kill a sorc who is using bolt escape, chase him alone and he will turn and fight. If you have a capable build and the skill required you'll kill him. I've on occasion been killed by someone who chased me solo and I've never "run away" from the person although I will ignore another BoL sorc who is unkillable by me.

    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    you will get owned when you port away for a 2H with critical charge believe me :wink:
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    you will get owned when you port away for a 2H with critical charge believe me :wink:

    There is a reason encase is on my bar ;)
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

    Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
Sign In or Register to comment.