The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Group Dungeons for Cyrodiil

Ethoir
Ethoir
✭✭✭
I don't know if I put this in the right section, if not I would appreciate it being put in the right forum.

Anyway, I've been thinking things over since viewing the thread that showed the datamined WIP maps of the Imperial City and I have to say it wasn't too difficult to think up locations in Cyrodiil that could become group dungeons or dungeons proper (in the vein of Banished cells and so on).

Each faction in Cyrodiil has its own default territory and they each have their own solo delves for skyshard hunters or casual explorers (and those delves still count as pvp zones). But it feels like that is not enough. So how about one new group dungeon for each alliance? I checked the maps out and I belive these locations may be suitable for some kind of content.

Daggerfall Covenant
Sancre Tor: It may not have existed in the 2nd era, but it was definitely a ruin in the 3rd Era. It may have started as a cave with a small storyline revolving around an individual or group of soldiers deciding to build a fort on the site?

Ebonheart Pact
Gutted Mine: This one is harder to justify. I envisioned it as a raw untapped cave teeming with nasty critters that the players have to clear out at the request of some prospecting miners and their employer. Because we just know that your typical mine worker is a very poor fighter (just look at the workers at the resources around the keeps, they are pretty weak fighters unlike the guards that protect them).

Aldmeri Dominion
Bravil: The "destroyed" city. Old beta screenshots depicted it as a burned-out ruin except for the chapel. This "island" city was sacked and burned, its high walls having been useless to keep out whatever had left behind such destruction. The task given to players is to help what few survivors remain, and give the "new tenants" the boot. But there is a catch. Because the city is so close to the Temple of Mnem and direct access is otherwise impossible, player groups must gain entry to the city through its sewers and to do that they must take a boat from or near Lunar Fang Docks (further away, but from a roleplay standpoint it is more sensible to get in a boat well out of telescope range of Bravil's walls. Also this is to have its physical entry point be more in-line with the other two dungeons).

What do you guys think? Other than the Imperial City that is being slowly worked on, would having these "group dungeons" be a nice potential addition?
Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice ideas. Being group dungeons, would these be PvE only? It would be interesting to consider how PvP could work if that were possible within them, like in the delves.
    I think the Imperial Prison and possibly White-Gold Tower are supposed to be dungeons of some sort when Imperial City comes out, but again I'm not sure if they will be PvE only.

Good suggestions on the locations, but unfortunately Sancre Tor probably wouldn't work. It's already a major location in the Main Quest at Lvl 40 (Shadow of Sancre Tor), but your suggested storyline could be applied to any other fort location easily enough.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, absolutely no need for more PvE content in Cyrodiil.

As for Sancre Tor, it's a ruin in the 2nd era alredy.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Nice ideas. Being group dungeons, would these be PvE only? It would be interesting to consider how PvP could work if that were possible within them, like in the delves.

I think the Imperial Prison and possibly White-Gold Tower are supposed to be dungeons of some sort when Imperial City comes out, but again I'm not sure if they will be PvE only.

Good suggestions on the locations, but unfortunately Sancre Tor probably wouldn't work. It's already a major location in the Main Quest at Lvl 40 (Shadow of Sancre Tor), but your suggested storyline could be applied to any other fort location easily enough.

They'd work like the delves already present in Cyrodiil, just built for groups of 4 or more. As such, while you could do the "quest" inside for the skill point, you'd have to contend with the chances of running into an enemy player group from another alliance along the way.

I picked a place for the DC in Cyrodiil that wasn't on the ESO Cyrodiil map but inside the DC controlled zone. I momentarily forgot about the main quest story that takes place there, but it can be adjusted easily enough. Leaves me wondering why it isn't a point of interest on the Cyrodiil map.

The Imperial City is its own expansion and a "contained" zone from what I heard of it. Makes getting access to it a little tricky. And all of the Imperial City is a PvP zone with territory control mechanics. The White-Gold tower might work differently...ZoS hasn't said much about the tower itself yet. They did mention something about the emperor becoming more important inside the city than as a "figurehead" for their alliance (IE: walking buff dispenser).

I worked these out as something that's more readily available to the players and as something else to do besides sneak into the delves to grab skyshards or run around from keep to keep in the nearly constant and vicious cycle that PvP is by nature (though the new group dungeons are still pvp areas so you can't completely escape the cycle).

Also, I really want to see Bravil get put to use for something besides a place you can only look at and not touch. :)
    Edited by Ethoir on February 25, 2015 11:50AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah cool, so public rather than instanced, and with a quest to boot. Sounds like a good idea to me!

Sancre Tor may not be a POI on the map, but if you go to the right place, the name does pop up in the corner. Here's a map of all of these "unmarked locations" within Cyrodiil (map also shows region names):
    ON-map-Cyrodiil_%28unmarked_locations%29.jpg
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Ah cool, so public rather than instanced, and with a quest to boot. Sounds like a good idea to me!

Sancre Tor may not be a POI on the map, but if you go to the right place, the name does pop up in the corner. Here's a map of all of these "unmarked locations" within Cyrodiil (map also shows region names):

Could change out Sancre Tor then for something more unique such as Cloud Ruler Temple, as it is similar to Bravil in the "can look but can't touch" department. "Why is it floating in the air like that?" That question comes to mind a lot. But its a little close to Fort Kickbutt (Dragonclaw). Maybe the Lonely Hills?